Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IwW Video,IT's Finally Mine!

Options
  • 29-08-2002 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

YES!I got it!Booyah!Got it in templecom where they were very friendly and knew exactly what i was talking about.Not like those snotty F-P workers,with their sweaty skin and dirty looks.The funny thing is though,after getting it on wednsday evening,i still aint watched it!Why,well i started the tape,but then fell asleep,not because the tape was crap but because i got no sleep the night before.I hate the irony of the situation.anyway,i should have watched it by saturday,and if you guys want i will post up and in-depth review(no spoilers,if you want,although the info about the show results has been around for three months,but i suppose some people who weren't at the show aint read the results).So reply if you want me to post up a review,or if you would rather i kept my mouth shut.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Rochie

We'd appreciate it if you gave a review with your honest opinion. Thankf fpr buying the video and supporting us.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

i enjoyed the video - i thought the artwork was really poor and a liitle more could have been done on the video graphics

the line up was overall good - with the exception of flatliner who marred the tape and was out of his dept with a talent like robbie brookside - besides him, the line up was actually very impressive and some stand out matches from the tape were the semi finals in the ewa tournament and the williams modest match - this was a bit of a dream match for some i would suspect. the one thing that i didnt like was the commentary - sorry but im just being honest - it was like two blokes in front of the tv and was very amaturish - there was some mispronunciations, miss calling of moves, cutting each other off in mid sentence and a 'your oul one' type slagging

i would say that it was a good first effort but i wouls suggest that you work on the sleeve and in-video graphics next time and mabey roughly plan out the commentary until you both are more comfortabe in the role as being a huge fan doesnt mean you can call a match - also i know that there may be practical reasons for the venue but because its so big , it looks so empty with a 300/500 crowd so it maybe worth getting a smaller venue while you are building up an audience so it looks better

also the ewa final - was it meant to be a hardcore, a ladder or a tlc match - it was refered to as being all of those but all it had was a 4ft (?) ladder and looked a bit of a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Its good to see someone elses perspective on the show.
    Yes it was a first time effort by the commentry lads but I feel we done excellently for a first attempt and a lot of other people feel that way too, in fact you are the first person to give fully negetive comments about it. One of the biggest problems with the commentry was the Flat feeling it had in some spots i can assure you that a lot of this was dur the the recording technique as i was shouting a lot of the time :D As for the mis calling of moves personally i cant think of one as im very well versed in move name from the WWE versions to Japanese.
    Good to hear you enjoyed most of the matches, the only thing i can say in defense of Flatliner was that that was his last match before major leg surgery so he wasnt 100%
    The graphics i tought were great, as most indy cards dont have em at all it makes a change to actually know whos due out next.
    As for the venue, 500 people is an extremely large crowd for a show nowadays, the most you would usually see at a show now would be 200, one of the decieving factors was the crowd being on the right hand side of the ring so the camera on the balcony didnt see them.
    The tourney final was a hardcore match which means anything goes, and the ladder was 6 ft tall, a 4ft ladder would just pass your waist
    :D
    Anyway i hope this answers some of your questions

Bomb Idol

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

i hope you dont think im slating your vid - as said it was a good first attempt and of cousre there will always be a few rough spots and things that you would view as being in need of a bit of work - hindsight is a great thing - im sure you know this yourself but next time it would be a good idea to close off some of the stands so that the place can look better on camera

- mabey im alone in this but the commentary just seemed like the kind of conversation that you get with two blokes in front of the tv - well versed in wrestling or not and felf that you guys werent commentator material - but as i say mabey its just me and its probably something that comes wityh time and experience

as for the graphics - having them was a good idea - mabey different stlye / fonts etc would look better

as for flatliner - again mabey it was just me but i was looking forward to brookside in particular and flatliner killed the match - but as you said he was carrying an injury

Advertisement