Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The D4 add second date at Whelan's in September

Options
  • 29-08-2002 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

THE D4 have just added a second date at Whelan's due to public demand.

They now play Whelan's on Sat 21st and Sun 22nd June

Support from La Rocca & Berkeley on Saturday; from The NPB and Large Mound on the Sunday with BP Fallon DJing on both nights.

"The D4 sound like they sleep, eat and breathe every moment of their rock n roll addiction" –
    KERRANG!

‘MUST SEE NEW BAND THIS MONTH: THE D4 ‘Old-school garage rock from New Zealand’ _ NME (‘Bring It On’ guide)

‘ESSENTIAL album of the month’ _ KERRANG!

"Degenerate garage punks straight outta Auckland, whose debut album careers past AC/DC, Ramones and Radio Birdman" _ TIME OUT

"Songs about girls, cars, parties and black leather, what the hell else you need?" _ BIG CHEESE

"It may not be clever but it certainly is big" _ THE TIMES

"Akin to answering the door and being summarily smacked in the face with a cricket bat by a gang of drug crazed Hell’s Angels" _ NME

"There is no polish to their production, just the sound of The D4's raw emotion. Get it now and become a total **** up" - ROCKSOUND

"Straight out of Auckland, these garage rockers are the spiritual cousins of The Hives and just as meaty" – MUSIC WEEK

‘6Twenty’ is one hell of a good time" – TIME OUT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭threefour

Great Scott, I'd better ring Marty McFly, get my Deloreon out and go back to the 21st of June.

Doc

Either that or your date is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i presume you mean september...

also have tickets sold out to the first night? coz if so that sux...i was looking forward to seeing Berkeley as well as the d4, who btw put on a fantastic live show....must see is an understatement...think i'll be getting me a ticket tomorrow so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Deaglan

ah yes - excuse the mistake. Sat 21st and Sun 22nd Sept it is.

Saturday is not sold out yet - but definitely will so move quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

woohoo after hearing about the last gig i shall definitely be going to this one where r berkeley playing kurdt?????????

Advertisement