Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New GBA games engine!Looks like GTA3!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

There's loads of GBA games with graphics that good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Slane

em,i dont think u understand the significance of this game engince,it allows the play to walk waround in this 3d-esque surrounding with a large number of NPC's and cars driving the streets,every single one of which can be stolen.this is a huge step forward for the GBA,as with this engine quality versions of games such as driver,GTA and other original games can be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Damn right this is a major step forward, the hand held is catching up on the consoles it appears. Whenever ninty's next hand held comes out (cant be THAT far away....) it should have some amazing capabilities for a handheld. I think ninty will rule the hand held market for many years to come if they can do a game like GTA3 on the GBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Nice links, thanks for that.

Looks like Nintendo certainly deserve to keep their clinch hold on the handheld market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's not a big shock really, we've known that the GBA was technically capable of this stuff for ages - although I'd be surprised if the framerate on those shots is particularly hot right now.

I doubt they'll try and do a GTA in this way, though - it'd be far too restrictive. Bear in mind that this is basically a modified Doom engine. Wouldn't be shocked to find Reflections doing a Driver type game with this tech tho...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Has a certain duke3d feel about it. Especially in the last picture, with the Parallax scrolling city texture in the background, looks very familar. Duke3d on the gba would be cool, if it wasn't censored mind.

Advertisement