Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerrang? Awards last nite....

Options
  • 30-08-2002 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Christ on a bicycle they were dire.
    Marylin Mason was nominated for best single for a cheap cover but even worse Puddle of Mudd won for Blurry.
    That category ignored some of the best singles of last year. SOAD and Rival Schools were almost totally ignored as were the best band of all TOOl. THey should have at the very least been nominated in the best video category.

All the arse lickin that went on nearly made me choke. Why does a magazine which proclaims itself as alternative worship such mainstreamers as A and Sum 41 the only justice was that the latter didn't win Best Band in the world.
    As a kerrang reader i was appaled.
    I regret it ever got so big. Now 12 year olds have the bigger vote than the older fan. Thats a bad state of affairs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

true, it was dire!!!!

where were bands like slayer and SOAD and down in all this?

RHCP best band in the world? not likely...they're good n all and the new stuff is ok but its not the best in the world...and i'm not a huge tool fan but their videos are amazing and deserved more credit than most of the other videos on show last night...

muse and hundred reasons were the only befitting award receivers IMHO...although HR are just a wee bit too much like at the drive in for my liking...

rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ellentic

Originally posted by Kurdt
    although HR are just a wee bit too much like at the drive in for my liking...

Why?.. Because Colin has a 'fro and so does Cedric?

Me bollix!

They've got a few songs that are similar, I'd say 5 at the most, that have any resemblance...

Ideas Above Our Station is a fairly mellow album... I don't think I've heard a mellow At The Drive-In album..

So, In conclusion... Thats a load of ****....

http://www.ellentic.cjb.net

nothin to do with image...just what i hear and when i hear hundred reasons i think at the drive in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Originally posted by Kurdt
    true, it was dire!!!!

where were bands like slayer and SOAD and down in all this?

RHCP best band in the world? not likely...they're good n all and the new stuff is ok but its not the best in the world...and i'm not a huge tool fan but their videos are amazing and deserved more credit than most of the other videos on show last night...

muse and hundred reasons were the only befitting award receivers IMHO...although HR are just a wee bit too much like at the drive in for my liking...

rant over

Ah come on, you gotta take into account the complete body of work that the Chilli Peppers have produced: the terrifying highs, the devastating lows the creamy middles! They have been around for a looong time, they have been to hell and back, many times. They have been pumping out original and groundbreaking music for decades creating their own distinctive style, often copied, they've influenced thousands of bands. And after all that they are still kicking @ss!
    Respect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i thought that the most telling point of the whole night was when dave ghrol showed that he thought the idea of them winning the lifetime achievement award was total bollix they have only been together for 7 years!!!

• Advertisement

very good point ayatollah!!!

also gerK i know all this but i dont think they're the best band in the world at the mo...i dont think the new stuff is as good as blood sugar sex magic, their best IMHO...or mothers milk for that matter...

[edit] although they were the best of the bands up for the award. it was sum41 and nikleback as far as i remember [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the fuz

Nominees for best band in the world;
    Sum 41
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Slipknot
    Linkin Park
    Nickelback,

if anything rhcp should have won by sheer default.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

i dunno where ya get that hundred reasons-at the drive in similarity from- at the drive in have a really distinctive sound..,maybe its just yer mans voice.
    but when i heard hr first i thought jimmy eat world straight away, having sed that-i love j.e.w. much more :p

im full of contradictions today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eric the head

Forget the Kerrang awards. They lost the plot ages ago. The metal show on Thursday should have it's own awards. Best international act ;SOAD ..... best irish act; Eyes Closed..... biggest arsehole in metal; Fred Durst.
    In fact Phantom should have its own awards voted by US!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Considerin the 2 award shows on this week-us phantom

listeners have to understand and accept that these award shows will be forever mainstream!

To me SUM41 and others are pure pop and that "rock"(SUm41)
    is the new pop so therefore no good bands can win-cause they are pop ****!

For the record i am not one of these ppl who hate bands just cause they are popular-and im sure some of u will even see me dancin to sum41!.......i tired of my crap now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

best irish act; Eyes Closed

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kylereese

that would be very unfortunate[/U]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kylereese

*cough* *cough* 2 words....inhumane & revile.....kick the ar*e off the others

Advertisement