Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What staions can I recieve with a "Powervu" decoder

• 30-08-2002 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    nice to be back on the forum again.
    Quick question(s)....
    What satellites do I have to point my dish to, (and what size) and what stations can I receive, using a PowerVu decoder.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

If you have a green helmet, point it at hotbird, I think AFN TV is in powerview but you are not in the army so I doubt its going to work.Worth a look to see what the screen says anyway//
    Isnt it 10774ghz and some weird sr fec?

Can you post more details about this box? Does it say Scientific Atlanta on it. Lads can anyone remember the spec for AFN on Hotbird, I dont have it here> It could also be an ols analogue Scientific Atlanta box so used as a doorstop?

Anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

The SR is 28000 and the FEC is 3/4 but the receiver needs to have been authorised by afrts before it will clear anything. This could also be an old Orbit MPEG1.5 receiver which was used to receive the Middle East channels. If it is then this receiver will not work on anything other than this package and this will most likely disappear within a few months. A 1.2m dish is the minimum for Orbit.

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

Go look at Thor sat @1 west.. A lot of things there are PowerVU eg Discovery in different languages

Advertisement