Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Posessions Insurance Cover??

Options
  • 30-08-2002 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Does anyone have any company that does Personal Posessions Cover for rented accomodation.

I know getcover.com used to do it but they have pulled out of it now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Er... this isn't exactly a personal issue.

"accomodation" here you do.

I dont know where else it'd be suitable.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

May also be good in the Business/Economy area - they may know about this.

The only thing I know is that if you are living in "non purpose built apartments" it will be very very difficult to get insured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I know from experience that insurance companies are very, very awkward to deal with if you are a Student and your accomodation has been robbed.

Two friends of mine both lost valuable laptop computers from the same house within a 6 month period. Neither got any comeback.

Check out the situation in detail in case this happens.

The insurers seemed to sieze on any tiny loophole they could to avoid payment in the above cases. So make sure the "story" is perfect for the claim.

Advertisement