Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We've lost a *new* user.

• 30-08-2002 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember SYL and the fun and games I had with him?

Well, read the following PMs to see how Hobnail Monkey (aka SYL) says I drove him away. [ he sad he wont check his PMs but i get the strange feeling he might read this]

[edit: I've removed his PM. Ok, I didnt intend for this is offend him - he said I drove him away and asked a number of questions, including why WWM was banned, and telling me i'm an egotistical mod on a power trip. He said he wasnt going to read his PMs, so I posted where he posted the last time. If someone is banned, it's for a reason.]

Right, the reason WWM isn't banned is because he has replied to *your* personal insults (and if he hadnt then i'd think he'd be lacking in backbone), he flamed you in the other thread (just like you flamed him) and I asked you both to stop. You didnt. I asked you again, you didnt. Hence you got banned.

Myself and WWM are hardly "as thick as thieves" as most people who've read the PI forum will have noticed.

As for you coming back and "flaming" the forum? Well there are ways and means around that - I think DeVore is well known for his "skillz" in those matters.

I usually don't reply to every topic (unlike you who has an average of 19 posts a day) - I see both sides and I edit out the nasty comments - thats it. I dont support one view or the other - you got *any* examples of where I have or are you just blatently raving off your head? How does this make me egotistical anyway? I already think I'm great.

Thew fact you are allowing one person (aka me) disuade you from using an entire website is pathetic and childish.

I eagerly await your *new* user name.

Oh, one last thing, i've banned maybe 4 users from my forum ever, isn't it strange that 2 of them were you? So much for my ego trip.

Oh, yay! I'm in a clique.... come on WWM my buddy, lets go have a drink, another muppet killed.

<< Fio >>

PS. DeVore and other admins, I appoligise heartily for ruining another helpful user who's been banned from 3 forums in 4 days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oh god smiles, always the control freak arent you.......

now where is that set my people free card...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

setmypeoplefree.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

If he's being childish then what are y'all doing? Pasting in his PRIVATE message? But then that's not the first time you've done that.

Fair enough if you thought he should be banned, he should have stopped when you told him to stop the personal insults, but so should WWM! No one wants to read their fights, someone should have taken the initiative to stop baiting each other, and I would have thought a mod would, as it's a bit hypocritical not to. And to say you're going to stalk someone around the forums trolling and slagging them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I agree there. You shuldn't post anyone's PM's. It's a bit shítty.
    Private is the key word there. A private exchange of information between you and SYL or Hobnail whatever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by eth0_
    If he's being childish then what are y'all doing? Pasting in his PRIVATE message? But then that's not the first time you've done that.

If I've driven a user away from the community then the community deserves to know.
    No one wants to read their fights, someone should have taken the initiative to stop baiting each other, and I would have thought a mod would, as it's a bit hypocritical not to. And to say you're going to stalk someone around the forums trolling and slagging them....

Surprisingly there's *three* mods of the forum, i'm not online for huges amounts of time so I cant catch everything. All the mod do what they can but it's not a babysitting service, although with the standards of some of the posts I'm starting to wonder.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

hmmm wonder why they're called "private messages"

BAN WWM :) (doesn't have the same ring as castor troy really :( )

Thanks Dr Loon. Smiles did the same to me not so long ago so it's a sore issue for me.

And smiles, hobnail monkey stating he's not going to visit boards.ie again is NOT an excuse to post what you did. It comes across as triumphalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Is not often I agree with The Loon, but I think he's got a point.

The PM in this case is a means of resolving issues with a Mod who has banned/got an issue with a user. Thankfully I have never been in a stuation where I have had to explain myself in this way but if I did, i'd find it a bit rough if my Private Message was posted onto a board.

On banning him from the PI board I agree he deserved it, He & WWM were at it again and HM didn't heed the warnings given.

I suppose there's a lesson in this somewhere, but i'm too hungry to fnd it

Originally posted by smiles

If I've driven a user away from the community then the community deserves to know.
    I'm sure I speak for most of the community in saying NO ONE CARES! You're almost as bad as HM and WWM for dragging this out even further, IMO. Just let it lie, smiles. You *know* this thread is just going to descend into more flaming.

Surprisingly there's *three* mods of the forum, i'm not online for huges amounts of time so I cant catch everything. All the mod do what they can but it's not a babysitting service, although with the standards of some of the posts I'm starting to wonder.
    << Fio >>

Yeah, I know you're not in a position to be online all day, I was referring to WWM in that statement about "someone should have taken the initiative to stop baiting each other, and I would have thought a mod would", not you Smiles, you made an attempt.

• Advertisement

im sorry t4TFish, can you show up some evidence where i 'started again'

please post up exactly where. i find this quiet disturbing that you seem to have think that i would do anything like that.....

sly, im sorry, it will always be castor troys fate in life to be banned from somewhere. iw ouldnt like to step on his fragile toes.

although yes, i agree. for having a different stanec and being argumentative we should ban people.
    which unfiortunately means youa re all banned becuase you are being disruptive and argumentative with fio.

gosh. now isnt that a quandry?

what do you think of that?

and etho, personally picking on fio like that?
    surely thats a definate banning!

dont you people ever think about what you write?

I didnt intend to come out as "triumphalist", I've editted out the PM but I've left my comments on it.

<< Fio >>

*sigh* why did I take you off ignore.
    I am NOT picking on Smiles. I think she's a good mod and I said that, I just don't think this thread is such a good idea.

As I said, this is going to turn into a flame war again. And already, you have started stirring ****. Just give over.

Yeah, I know you're not in a position to be online all day, I was referring to WWM in that statement about "someone should have taken the initiative to stop baiting each other, and I would have thought a mod would", not you Smiles, you made an attempt.

look, no offence, but why dont you get your facts correct?

also

I AM NOT A MOD ON PI

now, is that clear?
    i am a user on PI.
    fio said stop name calling. i did. i still continued to question.
    if you dont like it then i suggest you get back to doing some work.
    i can question if i like. its not up to you what i post. and if youd like to discuss it further i suggest you get back to your pm's.

you are shouting more than anyone.

empty cans and rattling come to mind.
    or is it just becuase he's your ex?

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

I AM NOT A MOD ON PI

now, is that clear?
    empty cans and rattling come to mind.
    or is it just becuase he's your ex?

Yeah, I said 'A' mod. Not 'The' Mod or 'The PI mod'.
    You, my friend, are a **** stirrer of the highest order. And as for your last comment, whether he's my ex or isn't, is NOT the issue. You're a snake, and lower than one too.

Now back on ignore you go.
    P.S Perhaps you should do some work too? You're just as prolific a poster as I.

sweetie, you never had me on ignore.
    whether im a **** stirrer or not is neither here or there :)
    i still havent done anything wrong. ibe engaged in discussion.
    thats it.
    youre the one who keeps going on about. in fact, i really do think you are stalking me.
    as for work, well, the higher up you get, the more leisure time you get.
    i dont know how much customer service people in xerox get.

as for mod, like i said, im a mod on my boards, im a user everywhere else, i stick by the rules the mods on those boards lay down.

you can shout all day my dear, but the fact is you are just plain wrong. but im sure hobnail monkey will be back, and hopefully with a better nick. and hopefully you will calm down before you break a nail typing in a an effort to reply to this.

now i, for one, am off for lunch.
    have a nice day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

So is SYL Hobnail???? was Syl into wrestling cause hobnail is always on the board they he/she at least half knows their stuff.

Yep, if he's SYL then he's a massive wrestling fan...

Hobnail Monkey = SYL.

He said it and the IPs match

<< Fio >>

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    im sorry t4TFish, can you show up some evidence where i 'started again'

If you are gonna quote me please do it properly. I never said either of you 'started again'. I said that you and HM were 'at it' again. Any more questions ?
    Thanks,

M

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish

If you are gonna quote me please do it properly. I never said either of you 'started again'. I said that you and HM were 'at it' again.

M

can you show me the evidence.

feel better?

He said it and the IPs match

I know it's all you have but ip matching aint great, if he's in somewhere like NUI Maynooth, almost all traffic is through 3 - 4 ip's
    (for loads of computers)

In responding to any of his flaming, you lowered yourself (do you deny that you responded to him). Not knowing you, I assume you are an intelligent person and will continue doing so until proven wrong.

You must therefore realise that you waste your time responding to him and ours when we have to skim over your responses to him, and his to you, usw usw... in an otherwise entertaining thread..

BTW, yes thanks.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Thanks Dr Loon. Smiles did the same to me not so long ago so it's a sore issue for me.

A sore issue? God you'd almost think we're talking about something serious.

Get over yourself.

In responding to any of his flaming, you lowered yourself (do you deny that you responded to him). Not knowing you, I assume you are an intelligent person and will continue doing so until proven wrong.

oh. i think youve got it the wrong way around my young friend.

stick around and you will find out.

however.

you accused me of things, and im asking you to give me evidence. i never said i didnt respond, i said i asked questions and didnt lower myself to name calling.
    there is no crime in asking someone to explain their opinions now is there?
    so again, either give me evidence, or retract your statement.

You must therefore realise that you waste your time responding to him and ours when we have to skim over your responses to him, and his to you, usw usw... in an otherwise entertaining thread..

it is a waste of no-ones time.
    i find it rather curious that someone who gives such a radical and vehment opinion then refuses to discuss why they hold those views. no matter what is said, the fact of the matter is that i am still interested as to why someone would claim to hate 99.99999% of women, and then not give a reason. does it not tickle your curiousity?
    as foir baiting and flaming, its just my way of drawing a debate out. some like it, some dont, but its not a crime, and theres nothing wrong with it. if you dont like, im happy for you to tell me, but im not happy to listen to people lecture me and then tell me i should be banned.
    yes, an interesting thread alright, and one i would like to continue, but as i said, i was very interested in the views of hobnail monkey,a nd i dont think its off topic for me to pick up on someones posts, if youre still talking in the same realm of discussion. is that fair to say?

by the way, are you german?
    just wondering with the usw and all that.

BTW, yes thanks.

;)

as you can see, im quiet capable fo putting together a coherent and tolerant argument. i dont have a problem. but if someone insults me, i tend to get silly, and give it back. thats what happens. tbh, it bothers me not one single jot. a lot of people here know me personally here and know what im like. i just like to engage in heated debate for want of a better term.

people like to take up on this and shout for me to be banned. but ive never ctually done anything wrong. and i dont think there is anything wrong with heated debate. it makes you think and put together a decent argument if you want to argue. i think of it as food for the brain.

but if someone drops to insults, then it gets silly, and i have no problem with being silly. my other half will tell you that straight out. come to think of it, anyone who has been out drinking with me will tell you the same.

its not about modship, its not about power, its not about getting one up.
    its about getting people to think.
    using their brain.

and mostly iyts about fun.

the day i dont have fun on these boards is the day i will quit.

why should i care if someone ive never met calles me a wánker?

it doesnt bother me inthe slightest.
    but if i can get someone who says something completely stupid and then turn around and say to them, 'hey, thats stupid, back it up or pipe down', and they respond with a better thought out argument, then i will listen.

you might even notice that my second reply to the unregistered user on the misogyny thread was decent and not insulting, even though they had a go at me.
    because they came back with some better thought out arguments, and i respect that.
    of course, name calling is silly and immature, and it still amuses me when people dont like the opinion you put forward, they tend to get offended and defensive and straight away fall back on the bítchy remarks and the petty name calling.

now.
    anyone else want an explaination.
    make it quick will you.
    i have a meeting in an hour :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

The PI Board happens to be one of those Boards that severely need Iron Fisted Moderating.

Look at it - It's been made for the discussion of "Personal Issues" and not for people to pop in, think "Hold On - Im going to Flame / Act The Maggot / Be A Complete AssTroll etc for the laugh!"

It makes me sick to be quite honest - WWMan is fine to an extent - The way he goes about posting gives a kick in the ass to whom ever needs it (i.e. people with weedy problems that really aren't worth posting about) and he does offer handy tips to those who deserve them, but then the 'other' types of people just go in, read a sentance or two from a post, ignore the rest and start assuming what people have said, flame them / poke fun, and then complain like little ass smacked bitches if they get banned / warned by the mods...

Quite frankly, any stupid little **** that feels the PI Board is a place to have a little mess about deserved to be 12*clicked for being a heartless, undisciplined little **** eater.

As for Fio posting this thread up, fair damn play.
    I don't know SYL or whoever this is related to, but if he deserved to be banned or whatever, so beit. If her decision was wrong you can be damn sure one of the Admins and Fio will debate the problem and sort it out, rather than listen to a bunch of whinging gits clam together and start bleating about how wrong or right the mod was.

**** off you ****s. Fio's done a good job, and I feel that this thread is an example of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Posting someone's PM is just Fúcking low smiles.

Also if the PI board is "your Forum" then why isint it called Smiles?

Kinda sounds like your on a power trip to me.

hobnail monkey - it must be so easy to push the blame onto other people. youve been here for a couple of days and already so many people dislike you. gosh, i wonder what the common factor is here?
    oh, its you!
    you see, if you dont want to answer what i ask you, then fine, but dont blame me if you have to retort with petty name calling and then ttell everyone that its my fault you cant seem to answer a simple question.

(take personal vandetta up in PMs please. (any flaming here will be editted) << Fio >> )

Dunno what was commented out but am sure that there was a reason for Fio doing so, what was it ? Hob never mentioned you in his message although he did allude to it being you.

As for being young, depends on how old you are.

Never doubted that you could make a coherent argument, have been well amused by your posts before and probably will be henceforth.

Wouldn't dream of recommending banning you, and to the best of my recollection I haven't.

No German roots, is a language I have studied quite extensively and enjoyed alot.

Rope, I don't think the issue is really whether or not Hob should have been banned, rather that a Private message from him was posted in a public board. I think that Fio has done right in removing it and leaving an explanation of what it was about.

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I know that T4TFish, and i didn't see the PM myself, but im quite sure it wasn't a nice one.

i dont call that as evidence.

besides. he started it :)

we're all young at heart....

i wasnt accusing you of anything :)
    relax!
    most of it wasnt aimed at you, just a general rant at the nice people who like to call for my head every now and then

people just dont like to be told they are wrong.

just curious about the german thing really. havent seen that sice i was in school :)

My calm has been enhanced (Too much Demolition Man)

Ban WWM :D

Yeah it was pretty nasty Rope.

Ban WWM :D

i agree, he's an awful cúnt....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I would also like to see WWM banned. He is quite a cúnt. Or shuold that be has quite a..... no.

Peon%20Revolt.jpg

• Advertisement

youre peon attack has no effect on my troll card :)

nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I do think it was inappropriate for smiles to publish his PMs. I also think that WWM trolled Hobnail Monkey (or SYL or John or whoever) on more than one occasion.

Having said that, Hobnail Muppet was one of the most immature idiots I’ve come across in a long time, on or off-line. It’s people like him that have caused me to rethink my views on eugenics and I earnestly hope that he considers going for a Darwin award in the near future.

So, I’m not going to shed too many tears at his departure (until he returns with another nick).

youre peon attack has no effect on my troll card
    Don't I know it :)
    Just thought it was appropriate...

I removed the PM, I was rather pissed off at the way he was blaming everything on the fact I moderated him, so I posted it up as he said he wouldnt read any PMs from me yet seemed to be demanding answers.

PI isn't "my forum" as in I own it, it's the one I moderate - geez, talk about nit-picking.

IF I was on a powertrip (and thats a really big if) why on earth have I only ever banned 4 people out of all the muppetry thats gone on.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The bitterness is his problem.

May he choke on it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

LEt me see if i have the story so far straight:
    • Muppet gets banned from PI
    • Muppet returns under new nick
    • Muppet spams every topic he comes across
    • Muppet gets re-banned from same forum
    • Muppet pms mod to demand answers, yet refuses to check his pms

Thats it in a nutshell?

Personally, Ive had the 'User ignores all pms' a lot on one of the forums i mod, and found that i have HAD to address the problem on the forum (no email option). Sometimes its even been nessecary to publish parts of PM's too. Thats the way it goes. If you dont want your PMs published, dont try to ensure you get the last word employing tactics that 2 year olds wouldnt use.

Personally im glad that fio published that PM, it confirmed what an utter muppet that bloke is. Mind you, thats a personal thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I removed the PM, I was rather pissed off at the way he was blaming everything on the fact I moderated him, so I posted it up as he said he wouldnt read any PMs from me yet seemed to be demanding answers.
    Fair enough. I retract my previous comment on the publication of the PM content.

WWM is still an almighty troll though :p

Bitterness!?

Im bitter'er than a lemon drowned in vinegar, and then fervently dipped in Sour Cream followed by Citrus Extracts and Toe Nails yet I don't go around Trolling threads and the like...
    Fair enough Im a complete moany **** but I still have enough brain cells to realise the PI board isn't a place to take the ****ing piss...

This is all-out arrogance.

I think it's pretty sad that you're all still going on about what hobnail monkey said!
    fuggedaboutit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Gerry

I think you should put a link to this thread on your cv fi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Posting a PM is the last resort of a moderator.

I think Fio also sees it as such.

When PMs to a user go unanswered and the moderator feels there is no other option, plus when the user just continues to flame and even escalates the flaming I think posting a PM is entirely justified.

WWM usually plays a great part on PI - if a user posts what he considers to be bull, he'll say so. Someone has to do it - the fact that he volunteers (and likes it) makes it easier in general. ALl imho.

Getting back to the original problem, wrt what Dustaz said, obviously I'm familiar with the particular issue he's referring to. When the initial reporting was made to the moderators, I made a fairly lengthy reply (500 words or so) in extremely nice language, explaining the position. In that reply I happily pointed out that should it become an issue I would happily make my reply available to the admins or board members if it continued to be an issue past the point at which I considered it resolved (oddly enough, just after checking my mail outbox, as one of the first issues that came up after becoming a mod, I didn't bcc the answer to my fellow mod, which I probably should have).

Where a user refuses to engage a moderator via PMs (but is aware of PMs and that they have been sent), meanwhile continuing the issue on the public forum, is there any other option?

I don't think so

(edit) added an "s" somewhere above - made no sense without it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

*sigh*

Im terrible that Im compelled to post here, Im a comitted IRC monkey, I steer clear of Admin above all boards.

However I feel the need to post as Im actually offended by the railroading of Hobnail on PI and on Admin. I frankly dont care about Hobnails previous accounts or his conduct on other boards,Its hardly relevant to my eyes he really isnt the problem in that thread , rather its the conduct of WWM ,respected and revered mod and general "oldskool" type acting the bloody pissant trolling the fcuk out of Hobnail at every turn , Whatever Hobnails problem commentary , Its clearly provoked by what I can only describe as *nasty* posts by wwm , I read over the thread and I felt Offended by remarks clearly designed to intimidate Hobnail . what many of you would lightheartedly call a "troll" I call it bullying.

I know neither of theese people either on the boards, IRC or in real life, but its clear to any objective eye that both peoples actions were hardly shining examples of good Forum involvement.Whats also clear Hobnail was on the defensive from the first, which doesnt excuse Hobnails retorts: enough to force Fios hand and edit many of his posts. I know Fio to be an able mod, however in her position I would have exercised moderation of WWMs agressive and manipulative "trolls" equally .

As was stated earlier, due to the unusual nature of Personal Issues content, a firm hand is necessary to keep threads on topic. Keeping this in mind the editing does seem to be lobsided, I *know* Fio didnt mean this to happen, but understandably it only served to agitate an already distressed Hobnail further, to post more and more til his point was expressed, regardless of just what that point might have been. This was repeated again as Hobnail seemed to regain his temper, only to be set off by WWMs sniping .

Now I dont know much about Hobnail , I think its fairly safe to assume he's no saint, possesing a ban from other threads, a previous account I can only assume was 12 clicked and Angelwhore tells me hes banned from his rock/metal forum too. I'm firmly on his side on this matter though, and feel the need to come to his defense on this one . WWM was bang out of line, regardless of technicalities about who was flaming and who wasnt rather it seems to me that the spirit in which WWMs were made were far more insidious. To hobnail all I can say is you have my sympathy, I'm pretty sure nothing will come of this, apart from a fresh flame from WWM and a litany of Mods as they close ranks, post colourful Boards cards and stereotype this thread, disregarding the actual content. It's proabably best to let it go, like I should have, as the ubiquitous "unregistered" who started the thread said "hes not worth it".

To WWM ,well I can say nothing I havent already put in this thread, I await your witty retort and belittling of my opinions ,much like youve done in this and the PI threads. Being the idiot I am, I might even reply. Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics and all that...

Originally posted by Belisarius
    *sigh*

Im terrible that Im compelled to post here, Im a comitted IRC monkey, I steer clear of Admin above all boards.

However I feel the need to post as Im actually offended by the railroading of Hobnail on PI and on Admin. I frankly dont care about Hobnails previous accounts or his conduct on other boards,Its hardly relevant to my eyes he really isnt the problem in that thread , rather its the conduct of WWM ,respected and revered mod and general "oldskool" type acting the bloody pissant trolling the fcuk out of Hobnail at every turn , Whatever Hobnails problem commentary , Its clearly provoked by what I can only describe as *nasty* posts by wwm , I read over the thread and I felt Offended by remarks clearly designed to intimidate Hobnail . what many of you would lightheartedly call a "troll" I call it bullying.

I know neither of theese people either on the boards, IRC or in real life, but its clear to any objective eye that both peoples actions were hardly shining examples of good Forum involvement.Whats also clear Hobnail was on the defensive from the first, which doesnt excuse Hobnails retorts: enough to force Fios hand and edit many of his posts. I know Fio to be an able mod, however in her position I would have exercised moderation of WWMs agressive and manipulative "trolls" equally .

As was stated earlier, due to the unusual nature of Personal Issues content, a firm hand is necessary to keep threads on topic. Keeping this in mind the editing does seem to be lobsided, I *know* Fio didnt mean this to happen, but understandably it only served to agitate an already distressed Hobnail further, to post more and more til his point was expressed, regardless of just what that point might have been. This was repeated again as Hobnail seemed to regain his temper, only to be set off by WWMs sniping .

Now I dont know much about Hobnail , I think its fairly safe to assume he's no saint, possesing a ban from other threads, a previous account I can only assume was 12 clicked and Angelwhore tells me hes banned from his rock/metal forum too. I'm firmly on his side on this matter though, and feel the need to come to his defense on this one . WWM was bang out of line, regardless of technicalities about who was flaming and who wasnt rather it seems to me that the spirit in which WWMs were made were far more insidious. To hobnail all I can say is you have my sympathy, I'm pretty sure nothing will come of this, apart from a fresh flame from WWM and a litany of Mods as they close ranks, post colourful Boards cards and stereotype this thread, disregarding the actual content. It's proabably best to let it go, like I should have, as the ubiquitous "unregistered" who started the thread said "hes not worth it".

To WWM ,well I can say nothing I havent already put in this thread, I await your witty retort and belittling of my opinions ,much like youve done in this and the PI threads. Being the idiot I am, I might even reply. Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics and all that...

2 points:

1) im away to scotland and then the middle east, so i wont be here regularly to respond to you. so theres no point posting.

2) why would i want to belittle a well thought out response?
    id surely engage you in a discussion and ask you why you had those points of view, but you seem open to conversation and i dont feel the need to bludgeon you into a some sort of intellectual post.

im glad you feel that there are many things wrong with the boards, between mods 'closing ranks', partial editing (which by the way was ony to edit out name calling, you will see only one of my posts was edited, or did you see that, perhaps you didnt, maybe you should look harder) and the rest of the stuff you have mentioned.
    feel free to push whatever blame you wish on me, becuase quite frankly, none of it bothers me. iw ill continue to post as i have always done. iw ill try to discuss, i will bully and bludgeon and snipe where i feel nesseccary to get a reactiona dna response and make someone think and occassionally iwill trool. however, most people seem to think all my posts are trolls, but they arent. id appreciate it if that opinion youd keep to yourself as it is incorrect.
    but until and admin pms me or talks to me on irc and says youre out of line, then i will rethink. until then i will say what my opinion is, and i will tell you what i think of your opinion, the only difference is what your reply is. if its stupid, i will treat you as stupid.
    if its a good reply, then i will treat you as an equal and you will get my respect.
    otherwise, dont waste my time.

now, have a nice two weeks

most people seem to think all my posts are trolls, but they arent

And funnily enough he's right.
    I had a very dire outlook on WWMan's posts to the PI Board until I realised that what he did post (When it seemed to be nasty / trollish etc) was merely a wake up call to those who needed one. For one, there have been so many ridiculous threads on the PI Board it's not funny, and you'd need someone who'll openly state this to the people responsible and attempt to divert them from being such twats in the first place.

Im not fully backing up WWMan - But he, like everyone, is entitled to an opinion, however bad / awful / trollish you feel it is.
    If I need to make a point heard I generally rant, whereas WWMan has his own methods.

Everyone has their own methods of posting, and at the end of the day if they are right or wrong they are being monitored by the Mods, and THEY are being monitored by the Admins.

THAT is where your complaints should be made, not directly at one person or their methods and you can also be DAMN sure that if someone has made one exceptionally big boo boo then it'll get sorted, so long as you go about reporting them the right way.

I, for one, can't see all this bleating helping anything.

Advertisement