Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One for the girls... sort of....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

HIGHLY unlikely, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Madj has the painters in ...

so every one just nod....and move towards the door... slowly......

I don't have the painters in yet Merc. That's the whole point. But hey, I tell you, as soon as Man United start playing the home game, the hunt of red october's successful and I'm surfing the crimson wave, I'll feel better. For now, there's hot chocolate to make me feel better. And arguments about fertility, to not. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think i will stay in work tonight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Ah now im really confused i always thought you lot only went loopy during your period ....well you learn something new blah blah blah

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

well majd, I know exactly where you're coming from, I get most of your symtoms every month along with a 24 hour headache which I cannot even kill with the 8 solphadine I take throughout this time. If you look at me sideways I'll most likely kill you just for the hell of it. The primrose oil is supposed to work for some people but you have to take it for a very long time before you see any effects, I never bothered. I'm normally a jolly person but around this time I'm usually feeling a bit depressed, If I'm in the situation where I can smoke a few, that really helps along with anything that is covered in salt! I get dreadful cravings for salt, no problem to eat a full box of pringles on my own.
    hope you feel better soon

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

first off...this link should answer all of your questions/arguments.
    http://preconception.com/resources/articles/trackfert1.htm

as for me, pms/pmt usually puts me in a baaad mood for about 2 days, i have one day of back pain and mild cramping. And I crave the sweets (ice cream) as is normal to crave sweets at that time.
    It's never really a big deal for me, just those two days of feeling unbalanced and things not going right...oh, musnt forget, I always know the day before because unlike any other day, I get this very unusual burst of energy, I get the feeling I could run a mile, clean the entire house, run another mile, and clean the house again..it's wierd.
    Horny, yes, but there is little time that I am not, hehe
    oh, the worst thing about it for me, is my face breaks out mildly. Thats always a warning as well. I never know when to expect it unless I notice these signs as my time is different every month., that really sucks. I actually try to plan things around it but always get caught off guard anyway.
    I actually look forward to menopause. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Yeah, you tend to notice it when its that time of the month for the women you know well.

In fairness to most women I find they try not to take it out on us but from time to time you just have to make a swift exit before relations go down the slopes like a rocket powered bobsled.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Being a man with a circle of friends made up of mostly females, they attempted to explain to me the wily ways of the PMT / PMS / period etc

Of course, at the time (I was a lot younger than I am now) I thought it was rather interesting and educational - Nowadays I simply brand being near a friend during one of her phases a potential health hazard, and stay well away...

I always had respect for them, though - It takes a lot out of you to control the side effects (If you want to call them that - Mood Swings etc) so fair play to you all, although I'll say one thing and pray you guys wont hate me, and that is not to get too hyped up or pissed off about it, because you all know full well that the same thing will happen to ye next month :D

Oh, and ignore us - The majority of men are ignorant bastards, but ye already knew that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Seraphina
    look forget it, pointless argument. altho i will say that the whole 28 day concept is bull****, good theory and all, but it never works out like that, well it might, but i dont know a single girl who runs on a 28 day cycle. i know people who run from between 3 week cycles to 5 week cycles, so the whole 13th to 17th day thing is rubbish.

Right.... well I'm stepping up here as a girl who does have a 4 week cycle.

Put it this way, as day 1 is the first day of your period then ovulation (most likely time to get pregnant) occurs half way through - usually in or around the 14th day for those with 4 week cycles.

If its 3 weeks long then it'll be in and around day 11/12.
    If its 5 weeks then it'll be day 17/18.

PMT occurs in the last few days before your period - and it is highly unlikely you can get pregnant (it happens when the cycle changes and you ovulate early).

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I find a good cure for PMS is to change Girlfriend...

*JOKE*

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Like most things involving women, there's no "right" or "wrong" answer, and there's certainly nothing like a curative technique that works for everything. And also, blokes will never understand it, but then we never understand much at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

you might call me lucky for having a 5 week cycle but it usually means i get a week before my period where i get bloating and crapms but no mentruation, and i contantly think its about to start but it doesnt.

i used to be able to say off the entire menstrual cycle in hormonal terms and whats happening in a woman's body, but i cant anymore.

MAJD, my period remedy is a bit strange....i ahve a sweet tooth, yet i find if i stay off chocolate the week before/during my period , my pains arent as bad. Your sugar levels go down during menstruation, so this may not work for everyone, but i just feel healthier. My problem with my period is just day one, where i get stabing pains, but i can just about go about my normal business. I dont get mood swings (at least i dont think i do)

period pains are caused by the muscles contracting to let the blood pass out into the vagina and out into the world!so its not *totally* unlike having a baby, as they both come from the same place, through the same passage, into the same exit. Only giving birth is a billionfold more painful (so im told ;))

and serephina, even thought you were talking about before your period, it is still a very low chance of pregnancy, as the egg has passed its life expectation. The egg remains in your body, and gets passed out with the blood, but the reason you can still (rarely) get pregnant is if you're ovary releases another egg (accidentely) which is able for fertilisation.

some women (myself included) get ovulation pains. theyre not very sore, but noticable.

Advertisement