Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eurosport On Sky Digital

• 30-08-2002 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

Sky Digital, gives u Eurosport UK on channel 412

I dont want that Eurosport..
    i want the European Eurosport channel u get on CMI

Is it free to air?
    if so does anyone know the frequency?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Whats the difference between the two?

mfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

is the european version on the old analogue sat system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by mfield
    Whats the difference between the two?

Presentation, mainly. The British Eurosport version has lots of studio presentation, which isnt a feature of the pan-european version, where the only difference is the audio feeds.

Some sport differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

no real differences with the exception of a few opt outs from the pan European version. the version you want is available FTA at 19.2° East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

Can i manually tune it in on sky..

Eurosport european has different programs..
    and not UK tennis matches..

Eurosport UK is all studio ****e

following british players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

No, only British Eurosport is on Sky Digital, or 28E, as Mossy said, its on Astra at 19E, in the clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭sergeant121

11259 V analogue (7.02 MHz sub-carrier is the English - mono - soundtrack).

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Would I be right in thinking that Eurosport is not FTA in Engglish on digital on Astra 1? I can only receive the German version via DVB :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭sergeant121

Eurosport in analogue on Astra 1 is FTA but you'll have to set up your receiver to just tune in the 7.02 MHz audio (i.e. not the 7.02/7.20 standard stereo setting) or else you'll get English audio from the left and German from the right).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Would I be right in thinking that Eurosport is not FTA in Engglish on digital on Astra 1?

yeah, only the German language version is FTA via digital. it is the same with Euronews. how hard would it be to include an English soundtrack, but then our digital telly is broadcast from 28.2° East so we have no real right to complain

• Advertisement
Advertisement