Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Cuts

Options
  • 30-08-2002 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

ps2 down to 279
    x-box down to 269
    i'd rather cheaper games tbh

Comments

Thats the thing though. They make the consoles mad cheap and hike up the prices of the games. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

They make their money from the games so they make the console as attractive as possible so peopl will buy the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Razors and blades - same principle

Chances are, price of the games will change under one of two circumstances:

1. PS2 becomes completely obsolete and they really want to get rid of old stock

2. Euro makes a real recovery and starts chipping away at the value of sterling in a big way

Annoys me as much as it does you. Hence no PS2 in the Ryan household yet (though if the console price keeps dropping, I'll have to make a quick choice to either buy a PS2 or wait for the sucessor).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

PS2? Obsolete..? Hah...

Heeheahha...

HEHAHAHAHAAAHAAHAHA!1!11

LOLOLOAHFSHGFGJDSLKHGDFkhfdl/hkfdhjkfdkjfdkgks!LELKAFKD!`!111

*coughs*

Well, as you can see, my point is proven.

-Dark-PS2-Angel-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

It obviously will become obsolete at some stage, as more powerful and faster consoles are developed. Hell, ps3 is already in development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

(never said either or both were likely to hapen any time soon - just that those were the conditions under which the price of games in the local store would drop)

Advertisement