Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you go drinking

Options
  • 30-08-2002 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

I know this could be moved to after hours, but I am curious for those based in Dublin and around the country, do they go to quiet, normal bars, or do they go where the music is loud and the people aer sweaty.

Example, myself, I more or less go drinking in Bruxelles (where the beer is pish and the air conditioning is NEVER on!!!!!, in fact I will be in there tonight :)...anyone from boards who spots me tonight gets either a fiver or a pint, just look out for the guy with a Suicidal shirt on, and just remember the nick and just ask!)*

* this is is limited to the first person to spot me and say it to me, anyone else after them, TT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

usually go to whelans meself...but i spend the occasional nite in bruxelles and then theres me local which isnt really near me house (smyths of fairview)...

of course fields are usually good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Sally Longs myself....esp. on a Wednesday...

And yes this is an After Hours topic

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I usually go to The Sail Inn up here in Cavan. They usually play metal songs because the metal crowd are the only real regulars in the pub. And don't get me wrong they are doing really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

anyplace with a bar..usual hideouts are Keary's in Loughrea and JP's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

1....Friends house parties
    Nothing Beats a good party...

2...Tony Hamilton's
    Of Leenan, Connamara, Co. Galway... Nothing beats this place. It was the pub in "THe Field" and it is the business. Usually spend most of my Scuba holidays in this place when I'm not in the water(b4 dinner, after dinner and till we get through out on to the street).... The population in this place is Very young supprisingly. Hell the first ever Cannabis siesure was down the round behind King's Post office/NEwsagent.

3...Bruxelles
    frequently--- Just always make sure I'm there before 9:30 otherwise you smell the sweat when you get down the stairs.

4...Handels
    frequently--- espeacially at happy hour. Cheap drink and sort of a meeting point for many ppl.

5...Whelans
    Very rarly but I can see it happening more cause thats where I met my current lady friend. + Groltch is only €2.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

ahhh bruxelles,the smelliest pub in dublin,but ya gotta love it!
    always in before 8 tho at the weekend,i hate standing in there,gotta be sitting down under the smoke cloud.
    ite getting a bit too expensive tho,so the bars in trinity are good for a cheap drink,€2 a can.mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I don't live in Ireland. :D And I don't drink so I really have no reason to be in this thread. Yell at me as I'm sure someone might, but note to yourself ; your wasting your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

my fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Fibbers aka aquarium aka "you go to that **** hole?"

Advertisement