Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Box not coming out of standby

• 30-08-2002 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. My Grundig box which is 3 mts old, has being staying in standby ie the on button on the remote or the box will not take it out of standby. I have to unplug it and then its fine. It seems to happen when its left in standby overnight. I use a FTA card as well my SKY sub card. Do you think the boxes 'doings' are gupt? ?Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Im sure this is wrong or whatever, but i have a grundig box here and to get it out of stand-by i have to press the blue sky button on the top of the remote, no amount of pressing any other buttons gets it outta standby.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Does anyone know are all digibox's being installed by Sky at the moment Grundig or are they installing different makes. If so can one choose which model they want and if this is the case which box is the best. I am referring to the deal whereby one orders Sky World 1(@53€; per Mth), gets a free dish and box and pays only for the installation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

Hi I've tried the blue Sky key it seems to make no difference. Not sure about the makes to boxes but. I've got 2 Grundigs. Though my Brother-in-law has a Pansonic he got Sky through Currys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭sergeant121

Originally posted by Prisoner6409
    I am referring to the deal whereby one orders Sky World 1(@53€; per Mth), gets a free dish and box and pays only for the installation.
    €60 from tomorrow.

Sorry, posted twice.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know its going up by 7€ already. Although when I ordered it last week and although it will not be installed until the end of next week they still quoted 53€ even though this will never apply to me.

BTW does anyone know what is the best way to get the installer to hook up the system to my T.V. I have a 32" WS with 3 scart inputs and am wondering which is the best way to connect the digibox to the t.v. I use a PS2 on AV3(rgb) to watch DVD's(for now) so there is no question of pass through there. The only other item I have is a VHS video(2 Scarts) but am not sure if they are RGB capable or not. I know AV2 on the tv is RGB capable(AV1 is not). Can anyone tell me if there are 2 scarts on the digiboxes supplied by Sky, one to take in the signal from the dish and one to output(in RGB) to the t.v. or whatever, or is the set up different to this. Any help would be appericated as I want to get the guy installing the system to rig up the best possible sceanario.

Input from the dish to the digibox is via satellite-quality coax with an F connector and has nothing to do with scart plugs/sockets.

Digiboxes have 2 scart sockets. One goes to the TV and the other to the VCR. They even label them up 'TV SCART' and 'VCR SCART' to be helpful!

If you intend to use RGB, the scart from the TV SCART socket should go to AV2 on your TV.

So you'll only need the AV2 socket on your TV for the digibox/VCR connection (i.e. AV3 can remain in use as it is now and AV1 will remain free).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by sergeant121
    Input from the dish to the digibox is via satellite-quality coax with an F connector and has nothing to do with scart plugs/sockets.

Digiboxes have 2 scart sockets. One goes to the TV and the other to the VCR. They even label them up 'TV SCART' and 'VCR SCART' to be helpful!

If you intend to use RGB, the scart from the TV SCART socket should go to AV2 on your TV.

So you'll only need the AV2 socket on your TV for the digibox/VCR connection (i.e. AV3 can remain in use as it is now and AV1 will remain free).

RGB is AV1 on most tv's

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Thanks for the info guys, makes things much clearer to me. BTW Tony my T.V. has 3 scarts, AV1 is S-Vid, AV2 is RGB and AV3 is RGB and Component. Mind you to input a component signal to AV3 you need a component to scart cable, one that I have not seen readily available although I have heard QED are now doing them but are quite pricey.

I agree Tony but Prisoner6409 specifically said his AV1 wasn't:-
    Originally posted by Prisoner6409
    I have a 32" WS with 3 scart inputs and am wondering which is the best way to connect the digibox to the t.v. I use a PS2 on AV3(rgb) to watch DVD's(for now) so there is no question of pass through there. The only other item I have is a VHS video (2 Scarts) but am not sure if they are RGB capable or not. I know AV2 on the tv is RGB capable (AV1 is not).

• Advertisement
Advertisement