Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Map Suggestions (Galway)

• 30-08-2002 6:21pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Well - There was talk of mapping Eyre Square as a massive map, but no one liked the idea (Not even as a piece of artwork) so here's a few Galway Related Suggestions.

Eyre Square Shopping Centre:
    Lots of routes, two story (With the ability to snipe up or down at enemies), lots of enterable buildings etc - Could be fun.

Shop Street:
    Why not? It's just a street, and there's plenty of places to go so it could be great fun owning rampant terrorists in SuperMac's with a HE Grenade.

College:
    Explored the College the night before, and by god it'd make a great map!

GTI:
    Might make this map myself after I complete de_muse (When I get the PC back)
    Plenty of floors, plenty of rooms, plenty of killing.

Any other suggestions!?
    Remember, Im not saying to "MAP" these locations - Im saying that their layouts could be used for good maps. GTI and the College have great layouts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Now that you mention it... THe Eyre Square Shopping Centre sounds amazingly do-able...

The hardest part of making a good map is the layout.. (and with this already made) It's now just up to the mapper to make it happen, make it pleaseing on the eyes, and incorporate some fast action.

It'd most obviously be a de_map because tbh, i think the CS_ maps are on the way out.. (not out of cs, but out of use on internet servers)

Might start on that today or tomoorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well imo i think Roches would be pretty decent and would work on the hl engine because there are alot of small enclosed areas especially the car park area. The bit by the stairs however could be laggy. Maybe if some1 stuck a corner in or put all the shutters done it might fix it. Eyre Sqaure shopping centre is a good idea but it would be a huge map. 16 v 16 imo. Maybe a few mappers could do it instead of just one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Do Eyre Square and get all the shop signs right and everything. That'd be cool.

A digicam would be necessary for that Thrax.. And i don't want to look like a foo taking digi pics of women's clothes shops loike.

If you make the textures, i'll give it a crack :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Well it doesn't have to be exact (In regards to textures).
    It'd be nice if the map had been plotted out and created so that if said textures DO happen to become avaliable, you could simply do a retexture as opposed to waiting for them before mapping at all.

Hop to it DrAkE, damnit. It'd be an immediate success :mad: :D

• Advertisement

I started it yesterday. I am starting at the area of the main entrance, where there is a ramp down and to sets of steps up either side.

GOnna do the downstairs first. Can't wait to play with the huge lookout area over the sails cafe and around Penny's there..

1337 :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Should be class!
    Im working tommorow so I'll get a good look at the place wether I like to or not, so I this map will recieve Iron Fisted Criticism when it's done :p

Oh, and while you're in the Editing mood, why not give yourself a new damn signiature! If you were truly 1337, you wouldn't have "For violation of the boards.ie image signature regulations, the image(s) in this signature have been removed by Cloud.
    " in it LOL!

If you run out of idea's just copy / paste what I said and use that.

Heh.. I need to get a new version of MilkShape before I can truly make the sig i have in mind :)

This map...err proving to be harder (r_speeds wise) to make playble than i thought.. crie..

I'll work on it tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

name the shop and what size/dimensions you want it and i`ll make it try anyways if its a womens cloths shop then by god i`ve seen em all!!

on a further note i am not indeed a cross dresser however i have spent many the agonising time in these shops saying "yeah that looks nice"

Make them 256x160 if possible :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

oh btw bout shop signs i`m sure most of em have webbies that you can steal the logo from

Oh, and if it's a bomb map, I do hope that SuperValu is one of the two targets. Im sure you can guess why :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

hehehehehheehehehehhehehe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

ROFL , will u have your PC back for GL 4 ropeh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

AndeH!
    Great IDEA(S)
    Also, you have yer PC Back FFS! just not yer old files, I may nick that Hard drive back and see if I can get it near to running again..... (Your Fujitsu one)
    I'll bring down a CD with all yer oldish files/Novel/Word files at weekend.

;)
    How'd u sleep the last night Btw
    BONDAGE!

Originally posted by Doodee

How'd u sleep the last night Btw
    BONDAGE!
    moved to the pr0n board. :p

Advertisement