Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Bad Can ITV Get?

• 30-08-2002 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Selected Highlights from this weeks schedule -

I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here
    Britains Sexeist....
    Worst...in Britain
    Blankety Blank
    Campest Men in Britain
    Man-Eaters (junk wildlife, not prog about wimmen!)
    Package Holiday
    Airline

and they wonder why the Beeb is winning the ratings war...

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

agreed. maybe they are keeping their best stuff for the winter because if it stays like this heads will roll over at ITV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

What ever happened to the good old days of itv when all they had were police shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

ITV make Sky 1 look like the Discovery Channel in terms of intelligent programming.Dont forget the very worst that ITV has to offer however-biyearly Popstars and Pop Idol,each releasing dozens of talentless pricks into our radios.And the crap they have on Saturday nights-who the feck watches Blind Date and the rest?Drives me fookin mad how bad ITV is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

lets stop the Sky bashing. I think it has the best selection of shows tbh. Sure it has a load of crap, but then every station does.

I watch sky more than ne other channel. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

ITV died on December 31st 1992.

What we are watching now is a bastardised version, not run by producers or folk interested in making good television, but money men treating it as a cash-cow for their shareholders.

Look, the most innovative thing on ITV in years has been Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? And they milked it dry. It's not the draw that it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I agree! ITV is lowest common denominator television. Just check out the names they give to their 'documentaries' to see who their target market is. In fact it is the only channel I have actually 'detuned' out of my television in order to not waste time skipping thru it.

I don't even count SKY-one as a channel because it is clearly just meant to be a 'messenger-boy-service' to disceminate the word about their pay-channels cleverly disguised in the form of a TV station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ohgratuitous

bad and all as ITV is, UTV up north takes the biscuit. their interpretation of news baffles me at times. especially where frank from school around the corner is concerned. it makes a mockery of everything. i’m embarrassed for the people who work there…

ITV are showing the lowest common denominator programmes for profit.
    Big mistake as viewership on BBC rises with the sheer quality of drama on there lately.
    One of the papers rightly called that programme "I'm a viewer get me out of here"
    To be fair though,the Bill ain't bad.
    And even the Beeb can sink to the depths at times.
    Tonights "Liar" programme on BBC 2 for instance:eek:
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liar is'nt too bad if only cos its just 30 mins long and once a week, its when shows dominate a whole week or two I start getting twitchy.

Mike.

Advertisement