Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Shaner-B

our debs is on 28th august in the Hamlet Court Hotel, in enfield! it was voted wedding venue of the year loads of times and the chefs have won awards aswell. 4 d disco part we get private use of the hotels club 'Rapture'. its a cool club and people like The Tidy Boys and Akon have played there. John Gibbons is there in June. I expect that it will be a class debs venue!!:D :D and theres 226 people going 2 ours in total, should be **** cool!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

:p Maynooth Post Primary is teh ghey !

But not as ghey as my school ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Shaner-B wrote:
    our debs is on 28th august in the Hamlet Court Hotel, in enfield! it was voted wedding venue of the year loads of times and the chefs have won awards aswell. 4 d disco part we get private use of the hotels club 'Rapture'. its a cool club and people like The Tidy Boys and Akon have played there. John Gibbons is there in June. I expect that it will be a class debs venue!!:D :D and theres 226 people going 2 ours in total, should be **** cool!!!

Went there last year, great place! Food wasn't brilliant but that didn't really matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Taffy89

Anyone been to the Clarion COrk...??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 powerofone

TF Royal Hotel. Castlebar, August 29th 2007

We supposed to be getting Republic Of Loose to perform as well, so that should be awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

Were heading to the Springhill Court Hotel, Kilkenny end of august

beat FM Djing cant wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

I'm un-stickying this thread,as it seems to be a bit cramped at the top, but I'm leaving a link to it in the Links thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chief_stains

sternn wrote:
    Anyone got any reports on the pavillion in leopardstown? Our school are having it there this year.

Yeah we had ours there last year and it was really good. The food was really nice and ye can stay there until breakfast. Band was good too and we got Karaoke. I was on the committee and we organised it with these people http://www.venuesolutions.ie/debsVenues.htm?venue=PVL

• Registered Users Posts: 28 RTM

so has anyone had theirs in the Newgrange Hotel this year? how was it? what was the food like, what time was last orders, etc? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Old Darnley Lodge last Monday. Food was a bit crappy, but other than that the whole thing was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Darnley was where ours was last year. Food was terrible yeah, but the bar stayed open late and no problems with ID..the school can never go back there again, since there was an incident with this knacker bottling someone in the face and eh legal issues or something.

Ardenode this year, veryyyy strict with ID, food was nice, bar closed wayy too early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

The bar closed at 3-3.30, breakfast at 4 and then GET OUT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

K, I know TimAy un-stickied this, but there has been a lot of talk about debs so far and of photos, so if you want to talk about your venue and show everyone how hot you looked in your Tux/Dress then post here.

Remember to have some sense and that once a picture is online, there it stays. I can take down pictures if they're inappropriate (tits everywhere) and you'll be banned, but The Internet will always know.

Know and Judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

I want to show off my lil dress but i dont want to go first :( Anybody else? )))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

kill it with fire!

feckin zombie threads :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Twas Piste the necromancer.

Also, ooh, my debs is in the Old Darnley Lodge (in about 1 million years)... better be worth the massive journey out from Dublah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah I have the power to bring things back from the dead.

No I will not resurrect your cat Fluffy, fo.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

due to being in a boarding school, we have lads from everywhere. luckily there was a little bundle of them from dingle .
    one owned a hotel (Hillgrove)
    one owned a nightclub(Hillgrove)
    one owned a b&b(Ashes)
    one owned some pubs

VERY badly organised by us, but it was a major sesh anyway! the nightclub was meant to be just for us, but people from dingle were let in towards the end = a lot of fights nearly started. the people working behind the bar were retards aswell (almost resulting in me hitting one of them). our hotel cost jumped from 45 euro when we all booked in may, to 65euro on the day.
    the band didnt show up (admist rumors that there had never been one even booked).
    still was a savage savage night tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

I've being to two debs so far, St Leo's Carlow(bar shut at half elevn:mad:) and Castle dermot, both savage nights Castle Dermot ten times better. Have my own tommorrow night!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

Had my debs in the Hilton in Limerick on the 8/8/08 at 8pm.......most suitably it was called the 8th ball! Great night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mini--c

had mine in red cow on 20/8/08 was a great nite in the red cow! food served at 9 and it was nice then band started at 10 played till 12 then went dwn to the nite club wer there was karioke(spelling) till one and a dj till 4! the bar closed at half 3! got breakfast and left hotel bout 5 or half 5 was a great nite!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

We had ours at the Leopardstown Pavilion, was really expensive (well I thought so anyway €120 per ticket), but was worth it to see everyone in our year for one last time.

Jakkass wrote: »
    We had ours at the Leopardstown Pavilion, was really expensive (well I thought so anyway €120 per ticket), but was worth it to see everyone in our year for one last time.
    :eek::eek: mine was €140 for 2 tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Mine was €160... AND we're going all the way to West Meath. Grumble mutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

Mine was €160... AND we're going all the way to West Meath. Grumble mutter.

I'm having mine in the Old Darnley Lodge aswell and mine is costing €170! What's up with that??:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

OK wtf, If seriouly getting robbed. Mine will also be in the Old Darnley Lodge and its €200. I'm having a word with the organisers...

i was the main person over mine as everyone elso dropped out and included in tat 140euro was band transport dj and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I know everyone hasn't had there Debs, but well me and my year are searching now to organise it. Can anyone recommend somewhere (needs to be a late bar:D) and outside Dublin isn't a bother, only going to be 40 odd people and that's with dates.

Suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

Jakkass wrote: »

Same as the debs I went to, but I thought the Pavillion was great! Plenty of nice grub, staff were friendly, venue was lovely, drink was plentiful, outdoor smoking area was decent...Sure what more could you want!?

Granted the night is a bit hazy for me....but what I remember was great!
    Although salad as a starter wasn't the best idea, us girls had enough salad through the previous few months leading upto the debs.
    But the main was great! Chicken and veg, us boggers were well pleased!
    Mighy shtuff! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

We just finished booking ours with debsireland.com! We're having it in the Radisson Park Inn, Dundalk, and it's €90 a ticket! Looks like I'm doing well in comparison to other people! :eek: Sounds like it will be a good laugh anddd the bar supposedly opens til 5! :D

Very happy bunny indeed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement