Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

My God, the expense!
    My debs last year was €80 for two tickets and t'was a great oul' night.
    None of this €150-esque shhtuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone ever been to Castle Arch Hotel, Trim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

Anyone been to Ardboyne outside Navan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭yellow

hey guys made my debs a few years ago now but there is a website that we found really helpful for finding venues, Dj's, etc.

It saved us so much time, here's a link: http://www.debsball.ie

Best o luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Anyone been to Ardboyne outside Navan?

i was there in september for a friends debs

food:was ok.didnt like the starter because it had mushrooms in it,the main course was chicken and ham i think and it was quite nice,the cake at the end wasnt the nicest.id say grab something to eat before you go.

Music:cheesy stuff like grease mixed in with top 40 type songs.good laugh

Bar:no id asked at either,grand selection at the meal but down in the nightclub it wasnt as wide but stocked all the standard stuff and did a few coctails.

had a great night and hopefully you do too:)

anyone been to the grand in wiclow?
    160 for two tickets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

i was there in september for a friends debs

food:was ok.didnt like the starter because it had mushrooms in it,the main course was chicken and ham i think and it was quite nice,the cake at the end wasnt the nicest.id say grab something to eat before you go.

Music:cheesy stuff like grease mixed in with top 40 type songs.good laugh

Bar:no id asked at either,grand selection at the meal but down in the nightclub it wasnt as wide but stocked all the standard stuff and did a few coctails.

had a great night and hopefully you do too:)

160 for two tickets

THANK YOU!
    Hope you enjoy the Grand. I was brickin it about Ardboyne, because if its crap.....my neck gets it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mrs.vandoorn

We just finished booking ours with debsireland.com! We're having it in the Radisson Park Inn, Dundalk, and it's €90 a ticket! Looks like I'm doing well in comparison to other people! :eek: Sounds like it will be a good laugh anddd the bar supposedly opens til 5! :D

Very happy bunny indeed!

We had ours their too. bit of advice , they dont ask for id in the nightclub but in the bar in the hotel reception and the bar at the meal they do so make sure every1 brings id. nothin worse than not gettin served at ur own debs. like i did and i was 18. I was on the debs commitee. worst decision ever. hounding girls 4 money was horrible. make sure u buy a load of drink b4 last orders and stash it somewhere because its not open til 5!!

ps. bring flat shoes the stairs are lethal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 semihip

were looking at the old darnley lodge hotel in athboy for our debs....anyone been there before?
    anygod?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

my debs is this year and dont know where it is but in meath somewhere...:rolleyes:

some reason ashbourne is stuck in my head but i know tickets are €100 EACH... yes each :eek::eek::eek:

ahwell its paid deposit now and just need to get a limo sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭notGill

160 for two tickets

I worked there last summer and the one before it, before I told them to stuff it! I'd say you'll be alright, the food is nice, and the place should be big enough as long as there aren't too many people. The manager is some **** though, watch out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 OH-MY-CANDLE

went to a debs last year in the grand, it was a great night, but the hotel itself was an absolute dive, it was horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

JC06 wrote: »
    I'm having mine in the Old Darnley Lodge aswell and mine is costing €170! What's up with that??:eek:

Had mine there and it was only €80 :O

Can someone for the love of frick please tell me what a pre-debs is?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Had mine there and it was only €80 :O

Can someone for the love of frick please tell me what a pre-debs is?

ha, have been wondering this myself for months until my mate told me last week. I THINK its just a night out with your year, maybe going for a meal but mostly just going to pubs or clubs. As far as i know its more of a country county thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I've got the Headfort Arms Hotel in Kells, Meath. Anyone ever been?
    Our tickets are €85 which apparently a steal. There's a four-course meal, luxury drinks reception, red carpet entry, DJ and band, Full Irish Breakfast, the Keltic bar and Vibe nightclub on premises.

Not sure I want to go anymore. Shouldn't have paid the money, damn. There's no way in hell I'm going into a nightclub, that's for sure. And I won't even be eighteen, so no alcohol pour moi (not that I'd want to get wasted).
    Does everyone have a date yet? I don't, I'll probably end up going alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Saruwatari wrote: »
    I've got the Headfort Arms Hotel in Kells, Meath. Anyone ever been?
    Our tickets are €85 which apparently a steal. There's a four-course meal, luxury drinks reception, red carpet entry, DJ and band, Full Irish Breakfast, the Keltic bar and Vibe nightclub on premises.

Not sure I want to go anymore. Shouldn't have paid the money, damn. There's no way in hell I'm going into a nightclub, that's for sure. And I won't even be eighteen, so no alcohol pour moi (not that I'd want to get wasted).
    Does everyone have a date yet? I don't, I'll probably end up going alone.

That's where ours is gonna be on this year, €80 again. Apparently they're totally lax on IDs there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jerrehpips

Newbridge tech (I didnt go there, it was my friend's) debs
    Venue: Clanard Court, Athy

Date: 16th of October 2008.
    Start time (Roughly): 8.15pm
    Finish time (Roughly): get this, 12am.

The entire debs turned into a riot, windows broke, fighting, etc.

the bar closed at 10 to 12 and we were thrown out. Several guards were called from athy and carlow. we waited in the car park for two hours in the cold until a bus came to collect us.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

kaimera wrote: »
    I'm guessing the lack o replies here is cos most o this years debs havent taken place yet!

Anyway, being a former ty'er...I had my Debs last year.
    I can recommend a place NOT TO GO TO.

Portlaoise CBS 2001
    Venue: Red Cow Inn, Dublin.
    Date: 22 Aug 2001
    Rough Start Time: 8.00pm
    Rough Finish time: 6.00am

Piss poor ore-priced alcohol.
    Below par food.
    Bar closed @ 12.00am
    Nite club bar closed @ 3.00am

This years Debs is in the Ambassador so I'll let you kown what it's like in a few weeks.

There 2005 for my debs, they food was terrible, unless you like salt, it all tasted like salt. Don't remember the costs but the drinks where expensive, we got to move down to the night club at half 2 and then around 4 I think, we where given a breakfast. Breakfast was a mini role, a sausage and a rasher. So hope you like meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

semihip wrote: »
    were looking at the old darnley lodge hotel in athboy for our debs....anyone been there before?
    anygod?

Hey! I had my debs there last year, it was great! They don't ask for I.d. Food was ok-soup for starters then I think it was either chicken or turkey and ham and veg for main course. Profiteroles for dessert. Photos are about 30 euro extra I think. Then you go to the nightclub. It's big enough and the music was good. There's karaoke. I think ours finished at around 4 and a bus brought us home. Hope you enjoy it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dougiehouser

got stuck going to the red cow this year!
    thanks to all the em less appealing students ahem *cough scumbags cough cough*
    worst of all is that we are an hour and a half drive from the red cow!
    but oh well they are delighted cos they have the tacky pink playboy limo's booked oh and the oversized hummers that they think are oh so attractive!:confused:

jerrehpips wrote: »
    Newbridge tech (I didnt go there, it was my friend's) debs
    Venue: Clanard Court, Athy
    Date: 16th of October 2008.
    Start time (Roughly): 8.15pm
    Finish time (Roughly): get this, 12am.

The entire debs turned into a riot, windows broke, fighting, etc.
    the bar closed at 10 to 12 and we were thrown out. Several guards were called from athy and carlow. we waited in the car park for two hours in the cold until a bus came to collect us.

hey im from athy heard bout your debs there when it happened we personally thought it was hilarious the athy guards finally had to get up off their behinds!:D

• Advertisement

God it was crazy!
    they nearly arrested me too, i walked up to a guard that arrived from carlow and said 'its a right mess in there'
    started wafflin about carlow because i go to college there
    they said theyd arrest me if i didnt go away!
    Still have the newspaper article on my fridge :D

im headin carlow next year myself
    actually my brother works in the clanard court he comes home with some stories but nothin like this!
    the whole town was talkin bout that Debs!
    tragic or what!
    another funny story i heard was the castlecomer community school are barred from the talbot hotel because one guy streaked across reception!:o

cool, what course?
    haha really? i work with a girl from athy, she saw the cut hand i got from a jack-the-lad slammin a door on it and she said 'what happened your hand?'
    i said it got slammed by a door at a debs. she just said, oh, THAT debs!
    i think every schools barred from hotels in the same county as it
    Ours had to be held in trim like!

yes that debs was the highlight of the ICA meetings in Athy!
    goin to do physiology and health science hopefully if i manage to get the points!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

anygod?

going there this year! €85 a ticket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

mine is in Loughrea Hotel And Spa, If knowone minds me asking, how much did your debs set you back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

mink_man wrote: »
    going there this year! €85 a ticket!

You poor boyicon12.gif! were goin aswell wat dates yer debs on our tickets only cost €60 including a bus up and down from galway but saying that theres 110 in our year!icon6.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Secoundrow wrote: »
    You poor boyicon12.gif! were goin aswell wat dates yer debs on our tickets only cost €60 including a bus up and down from galway but saying that theres 110 in our year!icon6.gif

Bloody Hell! Mine cost €150 but that's because the year before mine were all complete scumbags and wrecked their Debs, giving us a bad rep which I find endlessly funny!:D
    By the way it's the Bish Debs in Galway at the Westwood hotel sometime in September. We've all resolved that for that price we're going to totally WRECK the place, It's only fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Saul-Good wrote: »
    Bloody Hell! Mine cost €150 but that's because the year before mine were all complete scumbags and wrecked their Debs, giving us a bad rep which I find endlessly funny!:D
    By the way it's the Bish Debs in Galway at the Westwood hotel sometime in September. We've all resolved that for that price we're going to totally WRECK the place, It's only fair

yeah were banned frm the tf nd ennis as far as i know they wrecked the place (I tell ya its c**t booking so far away but at least they think were nice little children:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Saul-Good wrote: »
    /sigh

Anyone else see a cycle here?! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement