Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

I've another question. It's about the corsage, what colour to get? Should it match my dates dress? Then somebody else told me different colours mean different things, red is I love you, white is we are just friends. Is this true? Or just a friend winding me up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Cian92 wrote: »
    I've another question. It's about the corsage, what colour to get? Should it match my dates dress? Then somebody else told me different colours mean different things, red is I love you, white is we are just friends. Is this true? Or just a friend winding me up?

Its meant to match the dress- never heard bout the other bit!

Its meant to match the dress- never heard bout the other bit!
    Great! What a relief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

What about hair?! I cant find any good sites with good debs hairstyles, does anyone know any? I need to get some photos so I can show the hairdresser >_<
    I was thinking something like this : http://aimhigh12.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/prom-hairstyle-2010.jpg but not too sure, that doesnt seem fancy enough to me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

Ours is tomorrow, in The Shearwater in Ballinasloe. Can't wait! :D

• Advertisement

When you recover :p, tell us how it went!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Serkunet

Has anyone actually gone to a debs without a date before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Good few of mine don't have dates.

Anyway are people getting limos? Where any reccomendations/prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Serkunet

I have a feeling everyone in my year is gonna have a date >.>'

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

we had ours in the Ocean Sands in Enniscrone. The hotel was lovely and the food was great. We went to some nightclub after...things get a bit hazy there so it was definitely amazing =P

It started at about 7 and the club finished at around 2.30. It went on way longer than that in the rooms though. Overall, it was a brilliant night =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

we had ours in the Ocean Sands in Enniscrone. The hotel was lovely and the food was great. We went to some nightclub after...things get a bit hazy there so it was definitely amazing =P

It started at about 7 and the club finished at around 2.30. It went on way longer than that in the rooms though. Overall, it was a brilliant night =)

Noway?!:eek: We are going having ours there on the 11th of August. Was kinda worried about the nightclub part... Was it really enjoyable and what was the food like? Did ye go to the beach after?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

Noway?!:eek: We are going having ours there on the 11th of August. Was kinda worried about the nightclub part... Was it really enjoyable and what was the food like? Did ye go to the beach after?

It was really good! The food was great. I was worried about the nightclub part too (I thought it'd be awful), but it was good. Tacky, but after a few drinks we didn't care! They weren't strict on ID or anything.

Security check your bags for alcohol (all of them; overnight bags too) on the way into the hotel, and when you're coming back after the club they had a list of names and room numbers to see who was staying in the rooms so you've no chance of sneaking anyone in if you're staying there for the night.

We didn't go to the beach after, my friends' room and ours was right beside each other so we just went in there for a while before going back to our room. Security were on the floor we were staying on and they told us not to leave our room but we just ignored them and they didn't do anything. Overall, it was a brilliant night, you'll enjoy it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Cian92 wrote: »
    So people, how far in advance should one rent a tux? Should it be matched with your dates dress? What other etiquettes should I know about, besides getting corsage for the date and chocolates for the mother? Thanks.

Don't forget the flowers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Bought a tux on the net for 80 squids and have thus far got 5/6 wears out of it so good investment I think. As for corsage etc. just get a white orchid (goes with anything) and a Cadbury's milk tray for yer wan's family. SORTED

So anyone been to Newgrange hotel? My debs is in les than 2 weeks, i really want to know what its like!!

My brother went to some hotel in Meath a couple of years ago, he said there was random spot checks on the tables, and if it was found that you had alcohol and u werre underage, they took you out and called your parents to pick you up D:

Is there much point trying to sneak in some alcohol? I know a few oif my friends who have big long dresses are actually selotaping naggins to their thighs xD I was going to put a bottle in my bag then drink it on the way? Im assuming teachers dont go on the bus with us to the debs?
    And if one was to put alcohol in their bag, and then the hotel searched it, would they take it and that would be it, or would they go apesh*t?!

My dates only 16, and im 17, im terrified everyones gonna be laughing or something, coz he looks so young! But loads of my friends are bringin girls, and one isnt bringing anyone at all, so it should be grand :D

Did anyone read that story about the Debs in the Style Magazine this weekend? Makes us all sound like a bunch of douchebags -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

What paper was the style magazine in or is it just a magazine itself? I want to see if it's online :pac:. I'm not sure having been to a debs before but I think the strictness of security differs from hotel to hotel from what I've read. And don't worry about your date, my bf's 21 and just finished university let alone secondary school!

Riverside Hotel, Enniscorthy Wexford. Anyone know what's it like? Big question is are they strict on I.D.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

muffinz wrote: »
    My dress is green/blue shiny, theres no way in heck my date will find a matching tie! I was thinking maybe a silver tie for him to wear.... anyone have any ideas? Im terrible with matching xD
    a black tie would go with bluish green. Or if you wanted him to look really dashing go for white. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

a black tie would go with bluish green. Or if you wanted him to look really dashing go for white. ;)

If the dress is more green then blue and closer to black than white, avoid dark colours like black, whereas if it's a teal colour then it'll be fine with white or black but the white/silver will look best!

He went with a cream gold cravat in the end... Wonder what he's going to be like with it on, cant imagine him in anythin but jeans :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Junior D wrote: »
    Riverside Hotel, Enniscorthy Wexford. Anyone know what's it like? Big question is are they strict on I.D.?

For a debs, no! I went to one last year and was nervous about it (I was 17) but they didn't ID me going in. Only at the bar. Get others to buy you drinks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Right, I need help.

Trying to think of original Debs transport, seeing as transport is a pretty big part of the Debs with us...

So far, all I've thought of is an ice cream van. Can't find one anywhere though!

Suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭DavidKelly1

School Mercy College Longford
    Venue Dunboyne Castle, Co. Meath

Hasn't happened yet will post more info..

zam wrote: »
    For a debs, no! I went to one last year and was nervous about it (I was 17) but they didn't ID me going in. Only at the bar. Get others to buy you drinks. :)

I'm kinda hoping they don't I.D. me at the bar. Didn't at the debs last year and was only 16. Maybe I shouldn't shave?

Right, I need help.

Trying to think of original Debs transport, seeing as transport is a pretty big part of the Debs with us...

So far, all I've thought of is an ice cream van. Can't find one anywhere though!

Suggestions?
    Im getting the bus, like half of my year is, so much more craic and its free :D
    My friend was going to get that fire truck thing, but in the paper i was reading about a girl who hired out a garda car, including a chauffer dressed as a policeman! some ideas there!
    But i think the ice cream truck is the best, id be blown away by that the most tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm kinda hoping they don't I.D. me at the bar. Didn't at the debs last year and was only 16. Maybe I shouldn't shave?

no, then you will have a bumfluff chin

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

muffinz wrote: »
    Im getting the bus, like half of my year is, so much more craic and its free :D
    My friend was going to get that fire truck thing, but in the paper i was reading about a girl who hired out a garda car, including a chauffer dressed as a policeman! some ideas there!
    But i think the ice cream truck is the best, id be blown away by that the most tbh

enquired about the fire truck but it doesn't come to Monaghan :rolleyes:..
    you can hire garda cars? now there's an idea!
    still gonna try and get an ice cream van somewhere.. believe me they're hard to find!

callaway92 wrote: »
    no, then you will have a bumfluff chin

Ha ya see there lies the problem!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭barry181091

Just wondering is it standard practice for the guy to go out to the girls house with his parents and pick her up ? We have a bus organised to bring us to the hotel and I was thinking of just getting there and letting her parents drop her off at the bus stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I'm from Enniscorthy and we all go there around 2-3 on the day of the debs for a few drinks before we get on the busses. Never heard of any debs there though? I used to work in the bar and we were very strict on ID but it may be different for debs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement