Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

This might sound outrageous but if you charge people to go to the Debs it might cover some of the cost? I know, a pretty unusual method :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Our committee was planning to fund raise to cover DJ, table settings, ticket printing etc.

The price of our tickets will cover the meal and other direct hotel costs (we only pay the hotel's cost per person).

The committee doesn't need to raise money now because the hotel is allowing us keep all the after party ticket sales..! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Maybe they're trying to keep the cost per ticket as low as possible, and ensure that no-one is left out because tickets are just too expensive? Lord knows, there are enough posts on this thread complaining about the cost of Debs tickets.

Does anyone have any actual ideas for fundraising, which is what was actually asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

pbffan wrote: »
    So far we've just done the usual stuff - Band night, Christmas Party etc. There's going to be a "Take Me Out" and an interschool football match too

What are the rest of you doing? Time's running out for fundraising, ideas much needed!

My school isn't doing fundraising....... Kinda wish we were though! But am if ye don't already ye could have a 6th year funday. We have one every year just like tradition and all that but it could make some money if you were to charge like a 10 per person cause you would have to hire a bouncing castle or something!! Sounds kinda childish but our 6th years go mad every year....... It's always on the very last day of school! Also if you have any really nice teachers you could try a pie in the face competition I was going to do it last year in my school for charity but decided there werent enough teachers!!! But like you could hold it on the fun day at lunch or something but invite the whole school and get an entry fee and sell raffle tickets for each teacher (the raffle would be for who gets to throw it at the teacher) just some ideas!
    Entry fee €2 by 200 people equals 400 then another 200 for selling 1€ raffle tickets. But you could probably do them for 2€ ...... I am sure students will jump at the chance to throw pies at teachers!!!! And I don't mean hard pies just like cream ones...... You still have to be nice to them!

I can't think of anymore right no but will let you know if I do!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭pbffan

Maybe they're trying to keep the cost per ticket as low as possible, and ensure that no-one is left out because tickets are just too expensive? Lord knows, there are enough posts on this thread complaining about the cost of Debs tickets

Aha, give this man a banana :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

0_o

Are you calling me a monkey?!!! :mad:

(I jest! :-p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭kildareman09

is it to early to be asking a girl to your debs
    and would people be able to tell me from past expierences what happens over the course of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

is it to early to be asking a girl to your debs
    and would people be able to tell me from past expierences what happens over the course of the night

Nope anytime between March and August is fine.

At latest you could ask a month before the Debs. Any later than that would be too late because some people wait until the week before to ask and things go a bit haywire at that time too.

Unfortunately I have not been to a Debs yet (not until my own in sept this year) so I can't give you any firts-hand information from experience but generally you go to the girl's house, give her a bouquette of flowers and the mother a box of chocolates. After that the girl comes to your house where all your family throw you a big party. Then you leave with your classmates and their dates.

On the night as far as I know, its pretty much the same as any other night out but its really your decision. You can spend the whole time with the girl or you can mingle with the rest of your friends, or she can do the same if all her friends are coming.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭kildareman09

thanks very much karaokeman by the way how much are your tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

thanks very much karaokeman by the way how much are your tickets

Bouts 150 last year.

Curently there is no word about how much it wil cost this year but hopefully we will know soon.

Good luck with the ask, I'm still struggling to find that kind of courage myself:o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

My friends and I are thinking about our debs, and whether we want a limo or the party bus? How much are each? And which one is better? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Limo: from the prices given go on time & distance to be travelled.
    • 15 - 20 min journey's range from €150-€200.
    • 60 min jouney's quoted in excess of €500.
    Party bus: these vary hugely , but are generally cheaper than the limo's.
    • We rented a six bedroom bus for €650 , worked out nicely at like €110 each , but having a place to stay for the night will be class.
    Depends really on the type of bus your going to be looking for the boogie busses look better than limo's on inside & generally cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BillabongMad

I don't think anyone is getting a limo or the like this year in my school. Most prefer to travel by the bus (we all pitch together to get a decent one) The best craic is usually on the bus when the majority of bus goers are tipsy.
    Nearly everyone recommends the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

OP where about are you going?
    Assume its in Cork,
    We're going to Silversprings on 4th August I believe...

And out of curiosity all,
    How much were your tickets each?!

Ours are €75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭unknowntoown

my debs is all sorted :D
    got everything except a suit ha
    going with me bird :P
    OP where about are you going?
    Assume its in Cork,
    We're going to Silversprings on 4th August I believe...

And out of curiosity all,
    How much were your tickets each?!

Ours are €75

ours were 150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

ours were 150

:eek: each?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

I've gone to my schools debs the past three years and they've been increasingly expensive each year. This year they're €80 which isn't bad considering it's on in a 5 star hotel with a good band. Last years event organiser was a rip off so this year a group of students are organising it.
    I'm just hoping they're not making a sly profit and keeping it to themselves. Tis on at the end of August so everybody gets to meet up before college. :)

I don't know the venue/price of the grads yet. I think last year people paid €10? Not sure. We have a ceremony in the school hall with all the teachers, parents, priest. Then we head out to whatever venue is booked, it's usually the local nightclub that's attached onto a hotel so I presume it's the same this year. Teachers get fairly ossified :P Sounds like it'll be an unforgettable night anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Our committee got together in November, I think.
    Venue and date sorted in December, its sweet!
    I have my dress sorted since, uh, ages ago, the date not much later!

Now I just have to find the money to buy two tickets, grr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Not bothered to go. People were arguing the toss about everything, venue, all that ****, and I don't drink, so it's not going to really appeal to me. Grad night seems better overall.

Our tickets are a whopping €25 each..! :P

All I need now is a dress and a man.. :P I've a plan for both but nothing definite yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Mine costs €45. Not the greatest hotel but that's the best part - they don't really care about what we do whereas the others in town had these strict rules and all. And the overnight rooms will only cost like €30 i think! It's on the week before results... Roll on tah FACK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Mine's 85 and a fúcking disgrace at that

BOHtox wrote: »
    Mine's 85 and a fúcking disgrace at that

Jesus Christ! And the grad committee got away with that? In our school we had to vote before the committee made a big decision because there'd be uproar otherwise!

€85 is mad though..!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Jesus Christ! And the grad committee got away with that? In our school we had to vote before the committee made a big decision because there'd be uproar otherwise!

€85 is mad though..!

85 is average where I'm from. We don't do any fundraising or get any money put forward for it though

85 is average where I'm from. We don't do any fundraising or get any money put forward for it though

€50 is about the usual around here... €25 for ours and we have no fundraising etc. We do however get the money from the after ticket sales so I suppose that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

45 for mine, that includes everything as well as a bus to and from the venue.
    Are all debs having a DJ and a Band? we are. I am just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Been invited to another! Not till September / October though which is weird.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭soup1

hate to break it to you all but its sh1t.......u eat a sh1t dinner, everyone gets pissed, and then u starve til about 6 the next morning.....biggest anti climax of my school life

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

soup1 wrote: »
    hate to break it to you all but its sh1t.......u eat a sh1t dinner, everyone gets pissed, and then u starve til about 6 the next morning.....biggest anti climax of my school life

I had a great night at the 2 debs I went to. And I had a kidney infection at both and was therefore sober as well! And we got a breakfast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

soup1 wrote: »

Or maybe yours was just crap? I've been to 6 debs all of them have had good food.. And most people go to the debs to get pissed? As for starving, I've never really noticed but you always get a big breakfast in the morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement