Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

man the fu*k up and ask her. what's the worst that can happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Debs in Tipp too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Grad in the Mid-Wehst..! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Prom in the North-West!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

"piss up" in the west

• Advertisement

Prom in the North-West!

You're joking..?! Right..?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i had a few pints of liquid courage and just asked out straight for my debs(thats right midlands it's debs)

its the best way OP even better if ya don't have the alcohol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

brownlad wrote: »

what a load of bolox that is.

There's no other way around OP you just have to ask her. when you do it you'll realise how easy it was and why were you making such a fuss :P

GSI wrote: »
    what a load of bolox that is.

There's no other way around OP you just have to ask her. when you do it you'll realise how easy it was and why were you making such a fuss :P

This.

But I do second the alcohol.. Next weekend I presume you both will be out so after a drink or 2 (not at the end of the night) just go up and ask her.. Obviously not in front of everybody but don't drag her away either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

mikemac wrote: »
    Debs? Called the grad here in the midlands, nobody says debs.
    Not that it matters of course

Ask her straight OP, good luck

In Cork, the lads call it the grads, and the girls call it the debs...haven't a clue why though:P

haha i told my gf id do that to her...(cos i kno she is extremely shy) she nearly punched me in the face.... most girls dont like to be put in the spotlight where they have to say yes or it looks like they're bitchy......... so bro just ask striaght up.......worst that could happen....she says no....and theres plenty girls around im sure you can find one ;) gluk

haha i told my gf id do that to her...(cos i kno she is extremely shy) she nearly punched me in the face.... most girls dont like to be put in the spotlight where they have to say yes or it looks like they're bitchy......... so bro just ask striaght up.......worst that could happen....she says no....and theres plenty girls around im sure you can find one ;) gluk

Around here where I'm from you can't say no (well you obviously can) but it'd be extremely rude and you'd have loads of people talking about ya! I've never heard of somebody saying no!

Around here where I'm from you can't say no (well you obviously can) but it'd be extremely rude and you'd have loads of people talking about ya! I've never heard of somebody saying no!

plenty of girls around here say no :P

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Well since you know her what I'm going to suggest wont work, but it's great for a laugh as myself and a few of the lads discovered. :p

Right, write your number on a piece of paper, fold it up, go up to the girl and say "Hey you drop this!" then you escape asap! :p
    This one is good, especially when they text you! :p

Or, now, never done this, but, go up to girl with a notepad, ask her for a pen, write your number on the notepad, tear the page out, give it to her :p

WOW were do you live.....are you like amish :P lol jk....around here no's are very common...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

karaokeman wrote: »
    No don't say "as friends".

Ask her "would you like to go to the Debs with me?".

Its better to make it plain and simple than to try and make her feel unpressurized. I've done this before and all it does is it comes across as trying too hard.

Relax and be yourself, thats what girls like in us lads the most.

I asked my grad date out by "wanna come to my grad, as friends like, no pressure!"
    I'm ballsy, it was by text.

And i won't be surprised if he reads it, stop trawling the boards and study!

GSI wrote: »
    plenty of girls around here say no :P
    WOW were do you live.....are you like amish :P lol jk....around here no's are very common...

Suppose we're just so well mannered around here..! :P

Naw I think it's cause theres like 70 of us girls and about 70 in the guys school (in LCert) so we all know each other and stuff.. So you'd be saying no to your friend/classmate (even though ye're not in the same school) in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

kp70irle wrote: »
    My problem is I'm not going with anyone but would like to go with someone! I'm a lad also. There's a girl that i went out with for a small while but we broke up for no major reason at all and later on she went out with someone else! They've now broken up for about 3 weeks and she has no one to go to the debs with either (I think ).

Just wondering how should I go about asking her if she'd like to go with me? We get on really well by the way!

What you need is a car, a garage.... and a lightbulb.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

:/ Why are some people calling the debs the grads?
    Grads = graduation. That night out we had about 3 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭IfUSeekAmy

Ask her OP, you wont feel anyway relieved until you do, either way. :)

had mine back in January. :) Glad to have done it then and to have it finished with now. :)

Exothermic wrote: »

damn...what a night...i hadnt drank since august...so i made up....:D ...and even when i was drunk i was like " i have to go study" .... lol

Exothermic wrote: »

That was the Grad Mass.. August is our Grad..! Pffft..! lol...

Although I heard Debs are what girls have (coming from the old tradition of Debutante Balls) and boys have grads. I go to an all girls school and we have a grad..!

Most schools around here (neighboring towns) call them Grads, but then again they would mainly be mixed schools..!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

_meehan_ wrote: »
    In Cork, the lads call it the grads, and the girls call it the debs...haven't a clue why though:P

Really. . .we call in the debs. . .in Cork. . . some of the posh city schools have grads. . . ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

That was the Grad Mass.. August is our Grad..! Pffft..! lol...

Although I heard Debs are what girls have (coming from the old tradition of Debutante Balls) and boys have grads. I go to an all girls school and we have a grad..!

Most schools around here (neighboring towns) call them Grads, but then again they would mainly be mixed schools..!

We had a mass, but then we had a piss up at the night club :P
    I've honestly never heard of it being called a Grad. :P
    Down here it's Debs whether it's a girls, boys, or mixed school.

Anyway... Just ask her next time ye're together. If you guys get on well and she doesn't have a date I can't imagine why she'd say no. It's not a marriage proposal, there's not too many ways to go about asking her. :P It's not even a big deal. Just do it and you'll be relieved you did. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

No's are as rare as good fake tans around here!

It's kind of a manners thing, I suppose.. I'd feel awfully rude saying no, its like saying "I can't bear to have a photograph taken with you or sit beside you for an hour long meal."

Aaaaaand... We call the graduation the Grad Mass, and the 'ball' the grad!

what.to.do wrote: »
    No's are as rare as good fake tans around here!

It's kind of a manners thing, I suppose.. I'd feel awfully rude saying no, its like saying "I can't bear to have a photograph taken with you or sit beside you for an hour long meal."

Aaaaaand... We call the graduation the Grad Mass, and the 'ball' the grad!

Galway FTW! :P

(it says below your username in case you're wondering how I know where you're from!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

mikemac wrote: »
    Debs? Called the grad here in the midlands, nobody says debs.
    Not that it matters of course

Ask her straight OP, good luck

We've two things, a grad in may and a debs in august/september/october.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Really. . .we call in the debs. . .in Cork. . . some of the posh city schools have grads. . . ;)

Ha I go to a city school and we call it the debs...it's a girls' school!:P The neighbouring girls' school calls it the debs too, and the two boys' schools call it the grads! My boyfriend's school was mixed, and the lads called it the grads, and the girls called it the debs!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 easkey92

where im from the pre-grad is the grad mass while the grad is the night next week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement