Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Troublemaker!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

But you feek your feen at a disco when you're 14!

It's shiftin' around here.
    :P

Now, I'll back slowly out of the lads locker room, because, damn, the smell is getting to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Feek =/= shift. Both commonly used round here but with different meanings. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

what.to.do wrote: »
    No one gets a shift? Jaysus, are ye at ye're first disco ever or something? :P

oh its like a school filled with fecking nuns.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

brownlad wrote: »

:O

• Advertisement

brownlad wrote: »
    ^^
    This is the 666th post..! :O

On a more serious side...

Lads, where do ye buy yere ties? I know (?) you can rent them but he's not trusted to get one to match my dress and he's not seeing the dress either so I'm going to buy it... but where?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Check Penneys! :P

Check Penneys! :P

Ah now.. Want to get something a bit more daycent..! :P

I am Pennys #1 fan and all but still

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

Local decent department store? Debenhams, Brown Thomas. Or any formal menswear retailers?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

ill sell you mine, dont worry i cleaned the vomit off already so your grand! ill even through in a pack a j0nn!e$ for free! ;)

• Advertisement

ill sell you mine, dont worry i cleaned the vomit off already so your grand! ill even through in a pack a j0nn!e$ for free! ;)

Haha.. Won't be needing them..! :P Probably used anyway..! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

Haha.. Won't be needing them..! :P Probably used anyway..! :L

Why, are you trying for a babba?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

^^
    This is the 666th post..! :O

On a more serious side...

Lads, where do ye buy yere ties? I know (?) you can rent them but he's not trusted to get one to match my dress and he's not seeing the dress either so I'm going to buy it... but where?

If you get/got the dress made, you can get a tie/cravat made to match the colour of the dress!

GSI wrote: »
    Why, are you trying for a babba?:)

Yeah.... Starting young.. Better to get them out of the way and all...! :P

_meehan_ wrote: »
    If you get/got the dress made, you can get a tie/cravat made to match the colour of the dress!

No got it online..! But it's a mixture of colours so I have to find a tie that best suits it..! I'm very fussy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

Anyone here really not care about taking a girl/boy?
    Think about it unless she/he is actually your bf/gf then you will most likely not end up with the person. In saying this I am taking a girl but tbh i am not bothered about taking someone because i don't want to have to listen to her giving out to me when i pass out at the dinner table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

No got it online..! But it's a mixture of colours so I have to find a tie that best suits it..! I'm very fussy! :D

Take a really good picture of the dress so you can see all the colours and go shopping with it! You'll come across something easy enough!:)

C__ wrote: »
    Think about it unless she/he is actually your bf/gf then you will most likely not end up with the person. In saying this I am taking a girl but tbh i am not bothered about taking someone because i don't want to have to listen to her giving out to me when i pass out at the dinner table.

I go to an all girls school so some of my friends and I are inviting our guy friends so they'll all be there too. I wouldn't invite some randomer/friend of a friend because I feel you need to know somebody for these events (unless you like somebody you don't know well)....! :P
    _meehan_ wrote: »
    Take a really good picture of the dress so you can see all the colours and go shopping with it! You'll come across something easy enough!:)

Yeah that's the plan but I know well I'll come home because nothing was the right shade..! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Yeah thats a fair point.

I think its great if you do end up bringin a girl but its overrated at the end of the day.

I'd say it should be more acceptable for people to go without a date/in groups of friends or whatnot like they do in college balls.

And quite often the guys leave the girls and mingle with their friends so up until the Debs its really just like a popularity contest with regards to having someone to go with.

i remember texting the girl i was going to the debs with last year what colour was the dress from portugal. i just bought it there and BAAM!! it was fine! and anyways the tie, suit jacket (maybe pants ;)) will go missing at some stage of the night! thankfully when i was hoping on the bus i got them back!:D

• Advertisement

i like your shtyle! nothing better too wash down a main course than.....TEQUILA!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

But you feek your feen at a disco when you're 14!

It's shiftin' around here.
    :P

Now that's true Galway talk for ya..! :P

I'm bumping this because I'm soooo excited! :D :P

Doubt it'll get much attention though..

Girls, any hairstyle ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

I have a horrible time ahead for the debs.
    Got the Debs Thursday, a Wedding Friday and going on holidays with friends on Saturday morning for another piss up oh god :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Tell me all about it, I know its a ball for 6th years around august as celebration for leaving cert results, but tell me more about it. do you have to go? must you bring a date- does the boy ask girl or other way around? venue? organised by school or what, and if so can you only attend your schools organised venue or do you go to any venue you please? or is there a common venue for many schools to ettend? do you go to dinner beforehand? dress code? tells me alls abouts it, just curious , in 3rd year just did my junior cert and have never been told much about it, thank you .:)

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Tell me all about it, I know its a ball for 6th years around august as celebration for leaving cert results, but tell me more about it. do you have to go? must you bring a date- does the boy ask girl or other way around? venue? organised by school or what, and if so can you only attend your schools organised venue or do you go to any venue you please? or is there a common venue for many schools to ettend? do you go to dinner beforehand? dress code? tells me alls abouts it, just curious , in 3rd year just did my junior cert and have never been told much about it, thank you .:)

You don't have to go but it is usually a good night with your school friends. Some people don't go because they don't like their school friends.

You ask somebody to yours, so if it's the girls debs she'd ask the boy and if it's the boys he'd ask the girl. YOU CAN GO ON YOUR OWN.

It's usually in a hotel and there's dinner and dancing. It will be organized by the grad committee so you don't need to worry about that, just get the ticket(s) and turn up on the night!

Dress code: Boys - suit or tux, the tie matches the colour of the girl's dress. Girls - evening dresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I'm bumping this because I'm soooo excited! :D :P

Doubt it'll get much attention though..

Girls, any hairstyle ideas?

I have no idea what to do with my hair at all! It won't hold a curl, so that's that completely ruled out, therefore I'm thinking of some sort of upstyle, but I don't know if it would look a bit too severe, because the dress is strapless. I also haven't seen any pictures of hairstyles that I'd like.

leaveiton wrote: »
    I have no idea what to do with my hair at all! It won't hold a curl, so that's that completely ruled out, therefore I'm thinking of some sort of upstyle, but I don't know if it would look a bit too severe, because the dress is strapless. I also haven't seen any pictures of hairstyles that I'd like.

Think I have found it..! :D My hairs quite long and really, really thick.. http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/05/19/0/1529/15293300/image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Think I have found it..! :D My hairs quite long and really, really thick.. http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/05/19/0/1529/15293300/image.jpg

That kind of style is really nice! Can't do anything like that with my own hair unfortunately, it's too short and thin :rolleyes: "Hair idea" websites are just no use, most of the stuff that's on them is awful! I probably won't even know what I'm getting done on the day :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement