Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

leaveiton wrote: »
    That kind of style is really nice! Can't do anything like that with my own hair unfortunately, it's too short and thin :rolleyes: "Hair idea" websites are just no use, most of the stuff that's on them is awful! I probably won't even know what I'm getting done on the day :P

Yeah they're usually either really dodgy 1990s stuff or really dodgy red carpet stuff..! Nah, I'm a control freak.. I've the time plan done out for the week before and the day of my grad even though it's around 8 weeks away! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Yeah they're usually either really dodgy 1990s stuff or really dodgy red carpet stuff..! Nah, I'm a control freak.. I've the time plan done out for the week before and the day of my grad even though it's around 8 weeks away! :P

Yeah, that's exactly what it's like! :P Or those sort of high fashion haircuts, the kind of thing you see on posters in salons, that nobody would actually wear in a million years, unless they were Lady Gaga or something :rolleyes: Saw something just there that's actually quite nice, at least that's a starting point :P

Yeah, that's exactly what it's like! :P Or those sort of high fashion haircuts, the kind of thing you see on posters in salons, that nobody would actually wear in a million years, unless they were Lady Gaga or something :rolleyes: Saw something just there that's actually quite nice, at least that's a starting point :P

Haha.. Half the hair shaved and the other half is dyed red.. Yes hairdresser I want that! *points at picture*

If your hair doesn't take curls well maybe get a kind of beehive style or something. Most up dos and grad styles involve curls! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Haha.. Half the hair shaved and the other half is dyed red.. Yes hairdresser I want that! *points at picture*

If your hair doesn't take curls well maybe get a kind of beehive style or something. Most up dos and grad styles involve curls! :(

Yeah, it's really annoying, because I love the look of curls too! :( I've heard some good things about a certain curling tongs that's meant to be really good, saw a girl on youtube reviewing it who said she had hair just like mine, but it's managed to curl properly with that. A few other reviewers have said the same thing, so I'll look into that :P Forget what it is now but it's cheap in Argos anyway, if it works I might even give the hair a go myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ladies!! Take it to msn / fb chat / visitor messages / your chat platform of preference!! :p

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's really annoying, because I love the look of curls too! :( I've heard some good things about a certain curling tongs that's meant to be really good, saw a girl on youtube reviewing it who said she had hair just like mine, but it's managed to curl properly with that. A few other reviewers have said the same thing, so I'll look into that :P Forget what it is now but it's cheap in Argos anyway, if it works I might even give the hair a go myself!

Is that like a stick? Yeah I heard that was good! Have you got your dress yet?! :D

Ladies!! Take it to msn / fb chat / visitor messages / your chat platform of preference!! :p

But it's on topic.. And I'm mad at you! :( :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 .Ellie.

Okay Debs is in 2 weeks and I've literally done nothing about it/for it. As in have not even thought about it. Albeit, it isn't my debs.. Thats a month away. Still, it can be a practice run and of course I'd rather not look like I've made no effort. Which could quite possibly happen!

So I've decided to look towards this for inspiration.. Or possibly should go to a dress shop...:rolleyes:

.Ellie. wrote: »
    Okay Debs is in 2 weeks and I've literally done nothing about it/for it. As in have not even thought about it. Albeit, it isn't my debs.. Thats a month away. Still, it can be a practice run and of course I'd rather not look like I've made no effort. Which could quite possibly happen!

So I've decided to look towards this for inspiration.. Or possibly should go to a dress shop...:rolleyes:

Get a dress this weekend. While you're shopping for that get: shoes, a bra, party heels (the gelly things for shoes), a hair clip if you're gonna wear one, some jewelery. Tell your date what colour your dress is so he gets a matching tie.

Tomorrow, book tan, hair, make-up, nails and waxing (inc. eyebrows). If you're not getting these done professionally do a trial run and get anything you may be missing (hairspray etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 easkey92

just home from mine !! great night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 magrat

Got my daughters dress on the web ... dino direct ... ordered it 11th of june and it arrived today. We are delighted with it - lovely colour - and really well made. And it only cost 85 euro delivery and all!!

• Advertisement

magrat wrote: »
    Got my daughters dress on the web ... dino direct ... ordered it 11th of june and it arrived today. We are delighted with it - lovely colour - and really well made. And it only cost 85 euro delivery and all!!

I have seen that site and if I was to get my dress online again I would get it there. Seems to be lovely dresses at cheap prices! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

Right My debs is coming up and I need to do out a check-list.

-suit, shirt, tie, shoes
    -flowers+chocs for her
    -chocs for the mother
    -a johnny
    -a cigar
    -a nagin
    -tickets

I can't think of anything else. Am I missing anything? :/

GSI wrote: »
    Right My debs is coming up and I need to do out a check-list.

-suit, shirt, tie, shoes
    -flowers+chocs for her
    -chocs for the mother
    -a johnny
    -a cigar
    -a nagin
    -tickets

I can't think of anything else. Am I missing anything? :/

Why a cigar?

Coursage for her rather than flowers and flowers for the mother as well as/rather than chocs.

Make sure the tie matches the suit.

For one night can't you leave the naggin at home and buy drink at the bar?

I think you're covered there!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

-a johnny
    -a cigar
    -a nagin

You hero! :cool: Had some cigar on my graduation night, be careful passing it around. This cigar was bogged down teh fúck!

Why a cigar?

why not? cigars are cool, only on special occasions though.
    Coursage for her rather than flowers and flowers for the mother as well as/rather than chocs.

what's a coursage? :L
    right ok a "coursage" for her and flowers and chocolates for the mother? no chocs for her?
    Make sure the tie matches the suit.

check
    For one night can't you leave the naggin at home and buy drink at the bar?

Drinks are expensive at hotel bars:pac: I will be buying drinks for her and myself at the bar, dont worry haha, This is just a little something extra so to speak:P

brian93 wrote: »
    You hero! :cool: Had some cigar on my graduation night, be careful passing it around. This cigar was bogged down teh fúck!

thanks Brian for the advice. Where would you recommend getting one? I don't want a shítty hamlet, I want a big fúcking fat one. Ya know like the ones
    Tony Montana smokes? Yah them ones

what's a coursage? :L
    right ok a "coursage" for her and flowers and chocolates for the mother? no chocs for her?

It's like a flower that ties to her wrist! :P

It's like a flower that ties to her wrist! :P

really? never heard of that around these parts tbh:cool:

really? never heard of that around these parts tbh:cool:

Have a look at pictures from last years debs/grad of your school and see if the girls are wearing them! ;)

It won't be too drastic if you don't get one, I'm not expecting one for mine! :P

Have a look at pictures from last years debs/grad of your school and see if the girls are wearing them! ;)

It won't be too drastic if you don't get one, I'm not expecting one for mine! :P

just had a quick look, good idea btw ;) nope no sign of them.

1)right, flowers for her and chocolates for the mother? is that ok.

or

2)flowers and chocolates for her and flowers for the mother?

or

3)flowers for her and flowers and chocolates for the mother?

ah this is confusing :(

just had a quick look, good idea btw ;) nope no sign of them.

1)right, flowers for her and chocolates for the mother? is that ok.
    or
    2)flowers and chocolates for her and flowers for the mother?
    or
    3)flowers for her and flowers and chocolates for the mother?

ah this is confusing :(

I'd ask either your lad friends or her girl friends and see what the story is about corsages. They equal lots of points in my eyes (because I'm not expecting one, other lads just know to get them!).

If you decide not to get one (no big deal if you don't) then I'd go for chocolates for them both and flowers for her mother! :)

• Advertisement

I'd ask either your lad friends or her girl friends and see what the story is about corsages. They equal lots of points in my eyes (because I'm not expecting one, other lads just know to get them!).

If you decide not to get one (no big deal if you don't) then I'd go for chocolates for them both and flowers for her mother! :)

thanks for that :)

thanks for that :)

No bother! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

why not? cigars are cool, only on special occasions though.
    If you are used to them, fair enough; good way to make yourself sick if it's your first time though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

thanks Brian for the advice. Where would you recommend getting one? I don't want a shítty hamlet, I want a big fúcking fat one. Ya know like the ones
    Tony Montana smokes? Yah them ones

haha, well it wasn't mine, but everyone had some, and it was just soggy! it was a friends, and it was an expensive cuban one, which he had saved for about 10 years :p

Randy... You wouldn't let me and leaveiton talk about hairstyles but they can talk about cigars?!

Sexist much?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Randy... You wouldn't let me and leaveiton talk about hairstyles but they can talk about cigars?!

Sexist much?! :P

I totally agree !

Sexistsexistsexist :p

If you are used to them, fair enough; good way to make yourself sick if it's your first time though! :)

I'm a very cultured cigar smoker Il have you know :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joyle

in terms of traditions, its a corsage for her, flowers/chocolates for her parents, anything else?

and does it matter if you have been in a relationship with your date for a year or so?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

joyle wrote: »
    in terms of traditions, its a corsage for her, flowers/chocolates for her parents, anything else?

and does it matter if you have been in a relationship with your date for a year or so?!

That's pretty much it.
    No real changes if you guys are in a relationship, it just means that you can personalise it a bit.
    Like I was with my boyfriend 2 and a half years then (it's our 4 and a half year anniversary today actually) and so my boyfriend knew that my mum would prefer a plant to flowers so bought her a nice one that I knew she wanted instead of flowers or chocolate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I've been invited to a Debs today that is being held on the 25th of July! I'm working tomorrow-Sunday, going to England from Monday-Thursday for a family do, working Friday to Sunday and the Debs is on Monday! Help! Anyone want to lend me a dress? size 8-10?
    I'm serious though, WHAT am I going to do. Actually have zero time between now and then to look for a dress :/
    uh-oh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement