Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I've been invited to a Debs today that is being held on the 25th of July! I'm working tomorrow-Sunday, going to England from Monday-Thursday for a family do, working Friday to Sunday and the Debs is on Monday! Help! Anyone want to lend me a dress? size 8-10?
    I'm serious though, WHAT am I going to do. Actually have zero time between now and then to look for a dress :/
    uh-oh

Hairdressers are usually closed Mondays! :(

Ok, try and get a friend who's not going and is good with hair to do your hair. GHD curls or something simple. Do your own make-up and use a tanning moisturizer for the few days before hand.

Ask around friends, cousins, mum's friends daughters and all that for a dress. If not, try and get shopping for even an hour. You could find something lovely on the highstreet.

You could always say no? Or try and get the Sunday before the debs off?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

I've been invited to a Debs today that is being held on the 25th of July! I'm working tomorrow-Sunday, going to England from Monday-Thursday for a family do, working Friday to Sunday and the Debs is on Monday! Help! Anyone want to lend me a dress? size 8-10?
    I'm serious though, WHAT am I going to do. Actually have zero time between now and then to look for a dress :/
    uh-oh

I got mine only a few days beforehand. Just take a few hours go into a shop that you know supplies deb dresses and pick one. You won't have time to be fussy so pick one that isn't too expensive or extravagent. Something simple and preferably something you can wear again.

Or try and get something while in England! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Hairdressers are usually closed Mondays! :(

Ok, try and get a friend who's not going and is good with hair to do your hair. GHD curls or something simple. Do your own make-up and use a tanning moisturizer for the few days before hand.

Ask around friends, cousins, mum's friends daughters and all that for a dress. If not, try and get shopping for even an hour. You could find something lovely on the highstreet.

You could always say no? Or try and get the Sunday before the debs off?

Thanks LMC, I'm going to try and get a friend to do my hair, that's a good idea. Will definitely do my own tan & make up. Funds are running extremely low at the moment!

Good idea for a dress, hopefully I'll be able to borrow one!
    If not, does anyone know any good sites/high street shops that do cheap (but nice) dresses that would be suitable? I don't mind a short one, I wore a long one for my own (1st) debs (did TY) last October. I'll probably have to get another one for my own (2nd) debs this October too.

Thanks LMC, I'm going to try and get a friend to do my hair, that's a good idea. Will definitely do my own tan & make up. Funds are running extremely low at the moment!

If not, does anyone know any good sites/high street shops that do cheap (but nice) dresses that would be suitable? I don't mind a short one, I wore a long one for my own (1st) debs (did TY) last October. I'll probably have to get another one for my own (2nd) debs this October too.

Monsoon anyway is one, my friend got hers in H+M but I haven't seen it though, I actually can't think of other places...! If you don't mind a short one you would have a lot more luck I'd say!

• Advertisement

Can you not wear the same one that you wore to your debs?
    Or try TKMAX.

Can you not wear the same one that you wore to your debs?
    Or try TKMAX.

TKMAXX is a good idea but babes, I'm going to ignore the first part... Truely ashamed of you right now! :( :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

T I'm going to ignore the first part... Truely ashamed of you right now! :( :P

No need to be, I get to see a lot of Debs/Grads as a photographer, been on the scene for about 20 years, even during the the boom times, dresses were recycled.

I photographs of the same girls wearing the same dress at their TY Fashion show, their Debs, Miss Local Talent, Rose and Miss World, Belle competitions ~ a little accessory changes everything.

TKMAXX is a good idea but babes, I'm going to ignore the first part... Truely ashamed of you right now! :( :P
    Miss fancy pants dresses are expensive and we are in a recession :rolleyes:

gbee wrote: »
    No need to be, I get to see a lot of Debs/Grads as a photographer, been on the scene for about 20 years, even during the the boom times, dresses were recycled.

I was only messing with her! :)

Miss fancy pants dresses are expensive and we are in a recession :rolleyes:

Babes, sarcasm! ;):D :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

ah i still have nobody to ask, had two lads i could have asked but one is going on holidays at the time and another is going to someone elses, what will i do just ask some random person when i'm out some night?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Just found out I can't go now. Gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

rosskind wrote: »
    Just found out I can't go now. Gutted.

What happened?:(

xclw wrote: »
    ah i still have nobody to ask, had two lads i could have asked but one is going on holidays at the time and another is going to someone elses, what will i do just ask some random person when i'm out some night?

Don't ask a randomer! Ask somebody who you know, your friends know and who you can have a laugh with. You needn't be really close with them. Anybody but a randomer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Don't ask a randomer! Ask somebody who you know, your friends know and who you can have a laugh with. You needn't be really close with them. Anybody but a randomer.

desperate times call for desperate measures :P

brownlad wrote: »

Still searchin' for a woman for the night? :p

Don't call him/her desperate! :P You don't ask a randomer you've never met before to your debs!

I thought he was bringing his enemy's ex?! :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

indeed...there's now a choice of 2 :D

they are two girls at my gym...incerdibly fit....will no doubt make me look good :P lol

Don't call him/her desperate! :P You don't ask a randomer you've never met before to your debs!

I thought he was bringing his enemy's ex?! :L
    Why do that when could bring a gym bunny :rolleyes:

indeed...there's now a choice of 2 :D

they are two girls at my gym...incerdibly fit....will no doubt make me look good :P lol

In one ear, out the other! :rolleyes:
    Why do that when could bring a gym bunny :rolleyes:

Men..! :P

Randy's gonna come and give out to us for derailing this thread, so I'm going to take this moment to say Brownie started it! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Wish I was going to one, all my friends are :(

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Wish I was going to one, all my friends are :(

Does your school not have one? :confused:

Does your school not have one? :confused:
    They do, I'll be at it next year ;)

ConTheCat wrote: »
    They do, I'll be at it next year ;)

Well then, quit complaining! :P :D

Well then, quit complaining! :P :D
    Noooooooooooo I wanna go this year :( :P

In one ear, out the other! :rolleyes:

Men..! :P

Randy's gonna come and give out to us for derailing this thread, so I'm going to take this moment to say Brownie started it! :P

He misses us really :rolleyes:

Why are we talking in small writing?

Debs related note: :P

My dress gots a tear in it! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Like I'd miss a bloomin' boil where I sit ... >_>

Like I'd miss a bloomin' boil where I sit ... >_>

What a lovely image...!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MaryLizzy23

Right so heres the problem, me and a group of friends decided to ask a group of boys who were all friends to our Debs so we wouldn't be stuck "minding" anyone for the night BUT then the date i was supposed to bring is going to the Electric picnik and the rest of the group are already going with someone else. I could bring a lad that i had a thing with a few months back but things ended a bit awkwardly. Plus he wouldn't know anyone at the Debs which could ruin the night for me! So i have three options...Bring him, go by myself or bring a friend who is a girl! What should i do??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement