Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Bring a friend who is a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Bring the girl, for sure.
    I did that last year, and had a brilliant time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

So I had a date I didn't really know and a very good friend of mine from a different school wanted to go. So I am taking him instead but its all good cause I told the girl i was only thinking bout goin incase I decided to change my mind so she had nothing bought or anything so its all good :)
    If you think you will have a better time with a friend instead of someone you barely know, to me the choice is obvious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

My debs is tomorrow. Just found out the hotel is gonna be very strict on I.d. Anyone underage is gonna be moved to a seperate room after half 12. My gf is only 17. <snip>

Mod note: Sorry, discussion about fake IDs not allowed here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

My debs is tomorrow. Just found out the hotel is gonna be very strict on I.d. Anyone underage is gonna be moved to a seperate room after half 12. My gf is only 17. <snip>.

<snip>

See mod note in post #756, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

My debs is tomorrow. Just found out the hotel is gonna be very strict on I.d. Anyone underage is gonna be moved to a seperate room after half 12. My gf is only 17. <snip>

I heard this on the radio! It's a little harsh isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

That sucks big time man, harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Heard a bit about it on the radio too. Apparently its not actually the hotel? Its Cork Council itself I think.

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Heard a bit about it on the radio too. Apparently its not actually the hotel? Its Cork Council itself I think.

It was just on FYI (3e news), it's actually the hotel and they have called for all hotels to 'level the playing field'. In other words they don't want to lose business because they are the only ones following the law..

It wouldn't affect me as the only u17s that will be at my grad are the ones who skipped TY, so they're not my friends..! Bit harsh if half the attendees are under 17 though.

<snip>

Jumpguy, did you reply and then delete your reply? Cause I can't see it but I got an email saying you did..! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Jumpguy, did you reply and then delete your reply? Cause I can't see it but I got an email saying you did..! :confused:
    Yes, I posted a reply then thought I'd actually make consultations first before I do anything, since I'm trying to get the ropes of this, etc. I don't really wanna have the serious mod-face all the time here, but if you didn't question mod decisions on thread, which you've been here long enough to know not to do, it'd make my life a lot easier because I don't have to be all "no questioning mod decisions on thread. PM if you've a problem." Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hotel: Rochestown park hotel. Cork

Arrived at the hotel around 7, place was quite busy. Security were very strict. Very thorough when checking I.D. It became obvious the hotel was in contact with the evening echo to promote that they were following the law. Several friends were taken up to the “VIP chill out zone. ” For a photo for todays paper ( it was on the cover ) . Thing is though that the people in the photo were all 18.

Meal was served at half 8. For starters there was farmhouse vegatable soup which was nice and creamy . Main course was chicken with stuffing wrapped in bacon. That was pretty nice too. Dessert was the most disappointing course, only a few at our table actually finished it ! It was apple pie. After that there was a band called clock works. They did a lot of pop covers which wasn't really my thing.

The bar was a bit of a pain. The hotels 1 drink per person rule made rounds hard cause we had to show our friends red bands to the barman for extra drinks. We got our photo taken around 11. Think it was a nice photo anyway ! At half 12 we had to go to the Chill out zone. The room was dead in terms of dancing. I felt sorry for the dj tbh! They had really nice non alcoholic cocktails which were free. We also got goodie bags. The lads bags had deodorant and a lot of sweets. Bus home at 2am. Back in Tipperary town at 4 :)

Overall it was a pretty good night. Seperating the group was kind of a bummer though. Meal was nice although the service was a little rushed. Security were too rough IMO, eg grabbing my gf and pushing towards the door even though we were quite obviously heading towards the door.

Oh and we didn't bother trying fake I.D for the gf. The guy caught out several fakes in the queue before us. Didn't ruin the night though so its all good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Security were too rough IMO, eg grabbing my gf and pushing towards the door even though we were quite obviously heading towards the door.
    Never understand why security insist on doing this even when people are doing what they want them to do anyway.

I think last year they got an exemption from the hotel for the debs so anyone could buy drink at the bar :O

Never understand why security insist on doing this even when people are doing what they want them to do anyway.

They get a little bit of power and run with it!
    C__ wrote: »
    I think last year they got an exemption from the hotel for the debs so anyone could buy drink at the bar :O

Is that even possible?

I really need to start sorting stuff for my grad, have nothing done!

Have you started looking for another dress yet?

I made a hair appointment yesterday, but still have to book tan and make-up. I'm so lazy!

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Have you started looking for another dress yet?

I made a hair appointment yesterday, but still have to book tan and make-up. I'm so lazy!

Nope.. Hopefully going on Monday but mum's always working! :( I have the hair booked but after that I have nothing done..

Need to book a trial tan first, keep forgetting to do it! My friend's brother's girlfriend is training to be a make-up artist so I'm probably going to get her to do my make-up... Then there's the shoes, accessories, tie... I also have to sell some after-party tickets as well..!

Nope.. Hopefully going on Monday but mum's always working! :( I have the hair booked but after that I have nothing done..

Need to book a trial tan first, keep forgetting to do it! My friend's brother's girlfriend is training to be a make-up artist so I'm probably going to get her to do my make-up... Then there's the shoes, accessories, tie... I also have to sell some after-party tickets as well..!

I don't even know what way I'm style my hair, all I know is that it'll involve hair extensions because it didn't grow as much as I'd hoped. >_<

Make sure and tell the beauty therapist to give you a light tan. In hindsight, I was way too dark for my bf's grads. I told her what the tan was for, and she said "sure you'll want a good colour so" and she worked away!:eek: I was too shy to say any differently:o

Shoes can be a pain in the bum to find, especially when they need to be somewhat comfortable! Neutral colours though are the best (imo) if you can't find any that match exactly. It'll all come together, you'll be grand!:)

Ye're having an after party? I'd love if there was something like that organised for my year. At the moment, it looks like we'll be wandering the streets of Cork until 6 in the morning!:P

I don't even know what way I'm style my hair, all I know is that it'll involve hair extensions because it didn't grow as much as I'd hoped. >_<

Make sure and tell the beauty therapist to give you a light tan. In hindsight, I was way too dark for my bf's grads. I told her what the tan was for, and she said "sure you'll want a good colour so" and she worked away!:eek: I was too shy to say any differently:o

Shoes can be a pain in the bum to find, especially when they need to be somewhat comfortable! Neutral colours though are the best (imo) if you can't find any that match exactly. It'll all come together, you'll be grand!:)

Ye're having an after party? I'd love if there was something like that organised for my year. At the moment, it looks like we'll be wandering the streets of Cork until 6 in the morning!:P

My hair is too thick for extensions! For once I am happy I have thick hair! :P Yeah I only want like a really light tan, I'm really pale like! I have massive feet aswell so comfy heels are really hard to find..!

Yeah we have the hotel's night club to ourselves so we're having out after party there! We each have to sell 4 tickets to 5th years and stuff...!

They get a little bit of power and run with it!

Is that even possible?

I remember people who went saying it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Has anyone else not got their dress yet?
    I haven't even started looking yet and it's nearly August

Has anyone else not got their dress yet?
    I haven't even started looking yet and it's nearly August

Me! Mines at the end of August! I had a dress but my shoe heel went through it! :(

Me! Mines at the end of August! I had a dress but my shoe heel went through it! :(

Aw mines in late September. I've seen a few online haven't looked in the shops. It's the whole effort of trying on dresses, I don't even know where to look.

Aw mines in late September. I've seen a few online haven't looked in the shops. It's the whole effort of trying on dresses, I don't even know where to look.

I'm getting mine made, my debs is on the 1st of September! I'll let ye know how much it works out in the end..most dresses I've seen in shops have been at least 300 euro:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I just wanted to show off about my last minute debs that I spent a grand total of €43.69 on!
    I wore my old dress & shoes *shock horror* (only a handful of people there had seen it before, phew ;) ) .
    €8 - tie
    €4.99 - eyelashes
    €1.20 - hairspray
    €8 - nails
    €1.59 - hair clip
    €20 - alcohol (& still had a good time)

Did my own hair, tan, make up etc and had a brilliant night :)
    I'm not sure if this link will work but I'm the one on the right in the white & colourdy dress. https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=209176062468248&set=t.620326013&type=1&theater

I just wanted to show off about my last minute debs that I spent a grand total of €43.69 on!
    I wore my old dress & shoes *shock horror* (only a handful of people there had seen it before, phew ;) ) .
    €8 - tie
    €4.99 - eyelashes
    €1.20 - hairspray
    €8 - nails
    €1.59 - hair clip
    €20 - alcohol (& still had a good time)

Did my own hair, tan, make up etc and had a brilliant night :)
    I'm not sure if this link will work but I'm the one on the right in the white & colourdy dress. https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=209176062468248&set=t.620326013&type=1&theater

It was actually €43.78..! :P But wow! :eek: I'd be lucky if I do mine for 10 times that!

Link doesn't work btw!

I'm getting mine made, my debs is on the 1st of September! I'll let ye know how much it works out in the end..most dresses I've seen in shops have been at least 300 euro:eek:

Where do you get the dresses made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

It was actually €43.78..! :P But wow! :eek: I'd be lucky if I do mine for 10 times that!

Link doesn't work btw!

Sorry, the hair clipp was €1.50 ;)

But it's doable! I remember my last debs definitely costed 10 times that. Got hair done €35, tan €30, gel nails €50 new dress €150 shoes €60 drink €100 yeah it was a lot more!

Sorry about the like, how could I get it to work?

Sorry, the hair clipp was €1.50 ;)

But it's doable! I remember my last debs definitely costed 10 times that. Got hair done €35, tan €30, gel nails €50 new dress €150 shoes €60 drink €100 yeah it was a lot more!

Sorry about the like, how could I get it to work?

Have to get my hair coloured that week, and then an upstyle so that's €80, tan, nails and waxing will be another €80, make-up will be €25, shoes, accessories etc will be €100, tickets are €50 altogether...

That's before a dress and drink like!

For the picture get it on it's own page rather than the pop out yolk and then right click and select open picture and then use the link for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

is anyone else having their debs in the park hotel in dundalk and was it organised by debs ireland?
    sppearantly the hotels closed but i havnt heard anything from debs ireland? im a little freaked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement