Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

is anyone else having their debs in the park hotel in dundalk and was it organised by debs ireland?
    sppearantly the hotels closed but i havnt heard anything from debs ireland? im a little freaked!

You're better off ringing them and speaking to the manager rather than freaking out over rumors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Where do you get the dresses made?

A friend of the family is making mine, she's brilliant! You just have to find out if there are any where you live. I also stalked a wedding site forum thingy to get numbers and stuff of potential dressmakers :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Have to get my hair coloured that week, and then an upstyle so that's €80, tan, nails and waxing will be another €80, make-up will be €25, shoes, accessories etc will be €100, tickets are €50 altogether...

That's before a dress and drink like!

For the picture get it on it's own page rather than the pop out yolk and then right click and select open picture and then use the link for that!

I forgot about waxing, that another €50 for the last debs.. Didn't bother with this one :P Ah I'm crap at computers so used tiny pic, hope it works. This isn't the most flattering picture of me but ah well.. tis the only one before the alcomohol started :rolleyes:

rarxah.jpg

2hqt75d.jpg

I forgot about waxing, that another €50 for the last debs.. Didn't bother with this one :P Ah I'm crap at computers so used tiny pic, hope it works. This isn't the most flattering picture of me but ah well.. tis the only one before the alcomohol started :rolleyes:

rarxah.jpg

For less than €50 you look fab! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

anyone ever hear of dream debs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Your hair & make-up are lovely! I'm doing my own this year, really can't be bothered spending so much money on all that again! Though mine were quite cheap last year, I got a deal where I got my make up, spray tan, manicure & pedicure for two debs, for €70! So wasn't an absolute fortune, but the only thing I bothered spending money on this year was my dress :P

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

Its so hard to know what to do with your hair! I'd like to leave it down but i dont want it too boring either, maybe a grecian style... upstyles dont really suit me! :o

Got my dress in Dublin in Alila about a month ago, multi wrap style dress in navy, absolutely love it! Gonna wear it as a one-shoulder style!
    BUT, after hearing others in my year have got the same dress, albeit in different colours and wearing it diff styles, but still! :(
    anyway...the navy was the nicest colour! :p

Got shoes & bag already have, booked make up, sister doing tan...MUST book hair 2moro actually! Have to look for jewellary too...Dunno what to get regards that! :rolleyes: Cos of the one-shoulder might leave a necklace out and get nice earrings? long ones perhaps!

Yeah Debs date sorted too! Its going to be on in the talbot in Wexford, was there last year aswell and girls were pretty happy with it, hopefully the same for us too! :p

Tara_Rxxx wrote: »
    Its so hard to know what to do with your hair! I'd like to leave it down but i dont want it too boring either, maybe a grecian style... upstyles dont really suit me! :o

Got my dress in Dublin in Alila about a month ago, multi wrap style dress in navy, absolutely love it! Gonna wear it as a one-shoulder style!
    BUT, after hearing others in my year have got the same dress, albeit in different colours and wearing it diff styles, but still! :(
    anyway...the navy was the nicest colour! :p

Got shoes & bag already have, booked make up, sister doing tan...MUST book hair 2moro actually! Have to look for jewellary too...Dunno what to get regards that! :rolleyes: Cos of the one-shoulder might leave a necklace out and get nice earrings? long ones perhaps!

Yeah Debs date sorted too! Its going to be on in the talbot in Wexford, was there last year aswell and girls were pretty happy with it, hopefully the same for us too! :p

Different accessories will help make the dress look different if there are lots of people with it. I'd even consider getting a brooch, maybe a Newbridge Silver one or something similar, and pinning it to the shoulder or the waist...it could make a massive difference!

Massive earrings ftw btw, especially if you're planning on doing something Grecian style with your hair.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

Right debs on wednesday. I have the cigar, the johnny and the nagin, the chocolates and the flowers+corsage.

Sorted...i think?

how do I give the flowers to her and the chocolates to her mother though, I feel like such a bellend :/

GSI wrote: »
    Right debs on wednesday. I have the cigar, the johnny and the nagin, the chocolates and the flowers+corsage.

Sorted...i think?

how do I give the flowers to her and the chocolates to her mother though, I feel like such a bellend :/

Whenever they come outside or you go inside, just hand them over and say say "I hope you like them" or something, both my dates last year just said "They're for you", nobody will really take any notice! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Debs is in a month and a half so I'm not worried yet. Has anyone any experience with asking the hotel to provide a different dinner? I'm a vegan and it's more awkward to sit there not eating than to ask for something different (in my experience anyway). I'm not on good terms with the debs committee and I've no idea if they said anything to the hotel already.

Good news, I got the dress and shoes on Saturday. The dress is knee length so hopefully no one else will have the same one. I have to say that my shoes are epic :P So they totally make up for a shorter dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

ChloeElla wrote: »
    Whenever they come outside or you go inside, just hand them over and say say "I hope you like them" or something, both my dates last year just said "They're for you", nobody will really take any notice! :P

I hope they don't come outside haha. ok "they're for you" thanks:P

Aoifums wrote: »
    Debs is in a month and a half so I'm not worried yet. Has anyone any experience with asking the hotel to provide a different dinner? I'm a vegan and it's more awkward to sit there not eating than to ask for something different (in my experience anyway). I'm not on good terms with the debs committee and I've no idea if they said anything to the hotel already.

Good news, I got the dress and shoes on Saturday. The dress is knee length so hopefully no one else will have the same one. I have to say that my shoes are epic :P So they totally make up for a shorter dress.

Ring the hotel I'd say! I doubt they'd have much of a problem..it's only one dinner after all!

Pic of the shoes or are they secret??:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Ring the hotel I'd say! I doubt they'd have much of a problem..it's only one dinner after all!

Pic of the shoes or are they secret??:P

These are they http://ie.schuh.co.uk/womens-silver-red-or-dead-shirley-glitter/1164527660
    They look soooo tacky in that photo :o They work with the dress because it's midnight blue and very plain as is/will everything else.

These are they http://ie.schuh.co.uk/womens-silver-red-or-dead-shirley-glitter/1164527660
    They look soooo tacky in that photo :o They work with the dress because it's midnight blue and very plain as is/will everything else.

:eek:I'd a friend who had shoes similar to these at a grads we were both at last year...they'll be savage!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Hey all.

I'm a guy and wondering how I should go about getting a suit for my debs.

The girl I'm bringing is wearing a sea blue dress so I should probably get a tux that compliments it.

Otherwise is there any places in town I could get a cheap suit or would I be better renting one?

karaokeman wrote: »
    Hey all.

I'm a guy and wondering how I should go about getting a suit for my debs.

The girl I'm bringing is wearing a sea blue dress so I should probably get a tux that compliments it.

Otherwise is there any places in town I could get a cheap suit or would I be better renting one?

Rent it! It's unlikely that you'll wear it very regularly, and a nice one could be expensive. Get a plain suit/tux and a tie/cravat to match her dress. It'll look lovely!:)

Rent it! It's unlikely that you'll wear it very regularly, and a nice one could be expensive. Get a plain suit/tux and a tie/cravat to match her dress. It'll look lovely!:)

He can probably but one for €150-€200 though if he looks around. If he'd get more than 3 or 4 wears out of it in the space 2 or 3 years it could be worth while buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

The girl I'm bringing to my debs is wearing a white dress with a few diamonds... what colour shirt/tie? basically all fashion advice welcome! :D

brian93 wrote: »
    The girl I'm bringing to my debs is wearing a white dress with a few diamonds... what colour shirt/tie? basically all fashion advice welcome! :D

She'll probably wear silver shoes, clutch etc. (well I would if I was wearing white) so a silver tie (or whatever colour her shoes/accessories are). Ask her though to be on the safe side! :)

• Advertisement

He can probably but one for €150-€200 though if he looks around. If he'd get more than 3 or 4 wears out of it in the space 2 or 3 years it could be worth while buying.

Depends on the suit I suppose! My bf rented one for 50 euro for his grads, but bought a cheaper black pants and jacket for college balls and stuff. The debs is far more formal than those kinda events..but then it depends how you wear it!

Depends on the suit I suppose! My bf rented one for 50 euro for his grads, but bought a cheaper black pants and jacket for college balls and stuff. The debs is far more formal than those kinda events..but then it depends how you wear it!

A pair of trousers are a pair of trousers though? :confused:

Karaokeman:
    Try Marks & Spencers and Topman if you're interested in buying! :)

A pair of trousers are a pair of trousers though? :confused:

Karaokeman:
    Try Marks & Spencers and Topman if you're interested in buying! :)

Yeah, but the coloured waistcoat and tie/cravat you get to match are too formal for anything other than a debs/grads or a wedding.

Although...perhaps you could buy the trousers and jacket, and just rent the waistcoat and matching tie? Could save you a bit!:)

+1 to M&S and Topman as Ciara said above!

Yeah, but the coloured waistcoat and tie/cravat you get to match are too formal for anything other than a debs/grads or a wedding.

Although...perhaps you could buy the trousers and jacket, and just rent the waistcoat and matching tie? Could save you a bit!:)

+1 to M&S and Topman as Ciara said above!

Lads round here don't usually wear waistcoats and cravats! That's why I suggested buying!

Lads round here don't usually wear waistcoats and cravats! That's why I suggested buying!

Oh really? They all do here:P Different tradition attached to it so..or else the lads in Cork are all just fancy-pants:pac:

Oh really? They all do here:P Different tradition attached to it so..or else the lads in Cork are all just fancy-pants:pac:

Tbh, waistcoats and all look really nerdy! :P Plain suits are the cooliest! :pac:

The hotels I was at last year both had vegetarian options, but I'm going to show my ignorance and say I have no idea if they would be suitable for a vegan! A girl in our year also has PKU and she got a meal, but she just asked for some things not to be on her plate, they shouldn't have a problem :)

I hope they don't come outside haha. ok "they're for you" thanks :P
    They might want pictures outside, I stood in the door awkwardly making small talk then went straight outside! No problem :P

Just looking for advice here, my dress is cream with a bit of gold detail & struggling with my boyfriend's tie. I don't want a gold tie, so would a black shirt & cream tie go okay? He's fussing about it more than me, I couldn't give a toss what he turns up in! :P

Tbh, waistcoats and all look really nerdy! :P Plain suits are the cooliest! :pac:

Thought the bf looked quite dashing last year:pac: :L

ChloeElla wrote: »
    Just looking for advice here, my dress is cream with a bit of gold detail & struggling with my boyfriend's tie. I don't want a gold tie, so would a black shirt & cream tie go okay? He's fussing about it more than me, I couldn't give a toss what he turns up in! :P

That'd be perfect!:)

That'd be perfect!:)

Thanks! I'm far too indecisive, I'd love someone to just decide on whether I should leave my hair up or down, what kinda make-up, all that! It'd be great :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I know ye were all waiting patiently to hear from me and my suit hunt! Rented it today :)

Black suit, white shirt, silvery white waistcoat, and a darker silver tie. It looks gooooood!

Your one came with me, and we think the tie will match her white dress with diamonds and silver accesories, but sure Penneys have ties if it comes to it :p She also spilled a strawberry smoothie all over the floor, and on some waistcoats! :pac:
    Her mom's really excited too, she's even bought some champagne :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement