Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

1232425262729»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

You guys have an opinion on taking people in 3rd year to the debs? Its kinda common round here.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

C__ wrote: »
    You guys have an opinion on taking people in 3rd year to the debs? Its kinda common round here.

I don't see a problem with it, most people from 3rd year are 15 or older and there are lots of 17/18 year olds in 6th. It's not too big an age gap. However if it was a 19 year old and a 14 year old it would be weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

I've decided to just get a black trousers, white shirt and blue tie (the mother isn't too happy about it). I'm just not looking forward to these debs. Should have saved my money for the AI final. Last year pints were €7.50!! It's a load of sh!t. I'm going to bring a few jars with me and go in for the meal and a bit of dancing. After that i'm just going to go outside with a few of the lads and get plastered, all because we can't even get served.

What do ye think of going dressed in what I have planned?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I've decided to just get a black trousers, white shirt and blue tie (the mother isn't too happy about it). I'm just not looking forward to these debs. Should have saved my money for the AI final. Last year pints were €7.50!! It's a load of sh!t. I'm going to bring a few jars with me and go in for the meal and a bit of dancing. After that i'm just going to go outside with a few of the lads and get plastered, all because we can't even get served.

What do ye think of going dressed in what I have planned?

Tbh you might need a jacket. You'll look very underdressed without one for a debs imo.

Also, if you plan on going to your debs with an attitude like that you're never going to enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Last year pints were €7.50!! It's a load of sh!t. I'm going to bring a few jars with me and go in for the meal and a bit of dancing. After that i'm just going to go outside with a few of the lads and get plastered, all because we can't even get served.

A: You'll be frisked for drink.
    B: the grounds are patrolled and watched for drink being hidden.
    C: As for going outside, you'll need to leave the hotel grounds or you will be stopped, if outside the hotel, you're liable for arrest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Hidden naggin, it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

okay i have been reading threw this thread abit and i have a few questions......its my debs and the girl i asked lives close enough to me, i was wondering do i go to her house or does she come to mine.....i give the mother a box of chocolates and my date flowers...yes? Also what type of car are most people going in?? i was thinking of getting my uncle to drive us in in his bmw, good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Gunna say one the about the car...

99.9% of people won't give two ****es.
    I went to the town (where we all got the bus) in a family people carrier. 'Twas the grandest!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Had mine last night. Good night. I am wrecked now though... :D

They did frisk people and were strict enough on selling drink to underage people. Though I think a couple of people did sneak naggins in and a lot of people were drunk before they got on the bus.

But it was great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Does anyone know how much the corsage things are? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much the corsage things are? :P

OMG Noel you're going to a debs?:D Just ask in the florist..I think the one I was given last year was ~30 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

_meehan_ wrote: »
    OMG Noel you're going to a debs?:D Just ask in the florist..I think the one I was given last year was ~30 euro.

I am! My own now!haha. Yeah I asked my friend who bought one and they're €12 down here in the florists so it's not too bad.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I am! My own now!haha. Yeah I asked my friend who bought one and they're €12 down here in the florists so it's not too bad.. :)

Wasn't expecting that:p Ah that's grand so! I'd an orchid on mine last year..they're the nicest btw:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Peoples debs were so early :o mines not for 2 and a half months

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Had mine lastnight! It was epic! If ye can ye should try and stay together with a crowd afterwards, makes it more fun. We played poker until 7, and then walked for 2 miles just for a McDonalds's breakfast... great call!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

mines next tuesday, including the money i have on the night i will have spent about €650 on this one stupid night i won't even enjoy cos i don't wanna bring who i am at all :/ my mam insisted on getting expensive stuff but if i asked for that money in the morning for a laptop i wouldn't be given it, f sake

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Tomorrow! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭daviekelly123

Is it time enough to look for a corsage and flowers for the mother on the day of the debs? because won't they be dying if I get them any earlier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Is it time enough to look for a corsage and flowers for the mother on the day of the debs? because won't they be dying if I get them any earlier?

Himself ordered my corsage today for collection Friday I assume (day of the grad). I'm sure the flowers would be grand to get the day of the grad but you'd probably need to order the corsage in advance! If you the corsage the day before or that make sure to keep it in the fridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

I have my boyfriend's debs on Wednesday, mum says that I have to go to school on the day and the day after...hangover here I come:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Nicole. wrote: »
    I have my boyfriend's debs on Wednesday, mum says that I have to go to school on the day and the day after...hangover here I come:pac:

And you always do what mammy tells ya?! :P A day and a half off will do no harm! ;)

My grad is in like an hour! :D Excitement! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

And you always do what mammy tells ya?! :P A day and a half off will do no harm! ;)

My grad is in like an hour! :D Excitement! :P

Well yeah, I do most of the time considering that she's the one that paid for the dress etc:pac::pac::pac: Also, it would mean missing nearly two out of five days of my first week of 6th year:pac:...way to make a great impression, I think so xD Have fun xD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I got my debs dress this week finally :).
    My debs isn't until late Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AoifeC!!

Anyone have a dsetailed desciption of newgrange hotel for debs and dunboyne castle? interms of stricness , how late bar was open , drink prices, the staff, what time you had to leave ? Pleaseee :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nevelle

awh wish mine wasn't so early, it was back in august :/ best night of my life though, except my dress which was white got absolutely destroyed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AoifeC!!

were did u go? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nevelle

I'm from wexford, and we stay local.. it was ferrycarrig hotel http://www.ferrycarrighotel.ie/index.aspx
    it was really pretty there and the debs committee did like an Wonderland theme so it was decorated deadly and had sweets on all the tables and all :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement