Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Thats quality! The orange one or the purple one? Don't forget the cane!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Blue one? Oh, and a pink shirt.

It was cool. No pics as yet though. How'd everyone elses go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

havent had mine yet either -20th of Oct so not much longer to wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Mines on the 12th of october. I went to the Chanel debs in the lucan spa on the 2nd Septmeber, a lot of people i know were kicked out and i was mostly bored and tired. Food was bad. Company was good though.
    Bar closed really early. It was 12 or something.
    All in all...it wasnt worth all that money. Hope mines better. Its on in the Old Darney Lodge, in Athboy, Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

my own next year is in the Old Darney lodge. i was there a few weeks ago at the Mercy debs. it was pretty nice... food was kinda **** though but that's not really the important bit!

also:
    Venue: Stand hotel (Kildare)
    Date: 1 Oct 2004
    Rough Start Time: 7ish
    Rough Finish time: 4:30ish

I was also in there last week. the food was brilliant, the building was lovely, i had a nice time. Bar seemed to be open all night if i remember correctly. only problem was the bathrooms after someone kicked out the pipes underneath the urinals... i won't explain exactly what happens when a bathroom has urinals leading to nothing for 5 hours *shudder*

• Advertisement

darnley lodge is nice, think terenure college had theirs there last year...

Had mine on wed -best night EVER! so good:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

jesus if a while since i posted here...

right..

Jss deb's
    Raddison hotel in dublin
    start 7pm
    finish 1:30 am
    After party in richards house
    (we got the dj to annouce it, it went along the Lines of " **** off now to richies gaff)
    food: ****e
    Pints 3:70 (guinness)

a great night

stumbled home from richie's house at 1pm ( 5 mile's from my house)

mine was sooo much better than id ever expect!! best night out ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

I understand that they are all like this (mine is) coz:

a) The IRA used to drop explosives into coat pockets in suit shops up the north

b) Apparently it stops the pockets from creasing! :D

anyway its only light stitching. Pull at it or take a scissors to it. It'll open dead easy

I do not take responsibility for the information just given. If you cut yourself, someone else or just make a balls of your jacket, I am NOT responsible.
    i work in a shop that sells suits and you are dead on. those are the two reasons. you are supposed to just rip them open, its fairly straight forward, lol at those who thought there was something wrong with their tuxes but in fairness whoever sold them it should have taken care of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Where is everybody having their debs this year? And when?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

The Old Darnley Lodge, Athboy
    October 4th, 2005

I'm organising the feckin' think but the ODL have been great - sorting out everything from tickets to coaches home at the end of the night. And only €70 a head as well, though we're charging €80 to cover the cost of the teachers going and stuff like that. Place looks lovely, though anyone I've asked has said the food is a bit dodgy but everything else is class.

Good stuff, mine is there too (think its on the 12th...). It looks great, the grounds are meant to be really good for getting photos and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Mine is on Sept 15th 2005 in Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork...10 days before my 18th bday-will think of it as a pre-birthday festivity...hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

Bob wrote:
    The Old Darnley Lodge, Athboy
    October 4th, 2005

I'm organising the feckin' think but the ODL have been great - sorting out everything from tickets to coaches home at the end of the night. And only €70 a head as well, though we're charging €80 to cover the cost of the teachers going and stuff like that. Place looks lovely, though anyone I've asked has said the food is a bit dodgy but everything else is class.

Mine is on the 21st July
    Do ye actually leave yer teachers go?.....never in a million years would our teachers be coming to ours!!! Food at debs is always horrible!!The food at our hotel is crap as well, but thats only a small part of the night!!Think we'll get over it after a while!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Mine is on in the Spanish Armada in Clare only problem is that the hotel backs out onto cliffs which ,may noy be the best idea on the night........tickets to ours are 75 but its actually pretty sweet cos a school nearby is goin to the same place with same band and its costin 100(But they swear it has nothing to do with all the foreign holiday theyre all goin on now:) ). Has anyone else heard the rumours that paddy casey is playin at the kilkee debs?

Do ye actually leave yer teachers go?.....never in a million years would our teachers be coming to ours!!!

our teachers will be coming to my debs lik they have done for other years..
    girls who've had their debs say their great craic..which i would believ coz it not lik they gona act lik ur teacher inside their..they want a gud time2, chat to the grls and among themselves..cant wait!

Fast_Mover wrote:
    our teachers will be coming to my debs lik they have done for other years..
    girls who've had their debs say their great craic..which i would believ coz it not lik they gona act lik ur teacher inside their..they want a gud time2, chat to the grls and among themselves..cant wait!

Not saying there's anthing wrong with it.It would be a bit weird to be langers with your teachers there.They'd deff see a different side to the students they'd thought were all nice and that!!

ya i no what ur saying with the whole langers thing..theyll be seeing their pupils in a very different light..but in saying that i know we're a respectable school so not lik we gona be causing hassel with our drunkness, we dont want to ruin our night edr, u no? we'll be just very happy/chatty grls!lol..

Ya we'll definitly try and compose ourselves when we've a few taken, but saying that there's always a few that'll go over board altogether!Are ye a girls school?

there's always a few that'll go over board altogether!
    ya thats a given alrite..!

ya wer an all grls school...supose that kinda helps..how bout urself?

• Advertisement

I'd say having some of our teachers there would be deadly. We went on mad nights out with them on our 4th year holiday and they're hilarious. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Yeah, our teachers are invited to a pre-drinks thing before hand and our parents and then most of them leave when we have dinner, but some of the younger ones stay on and it's great craic. The teachers are really sound and know all about our "antics"......... most of them will probably be langered themselves, or so I've heard..........

:)

btw FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - NO MORE TEXT TALK
    thanks

We'v a mixed school, couldn't see myself going to an all girl school(no offence meant)just that ive always been around boys.We've like this graduation in May the parents got to that and theres tea and food afterwards and students parents teachers mingle there, then 6th years head off for their own night out!So really everyone gets a night! Oh where did ye go on yer school tour??

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - NO MORE TEXT TALK

I second that...

The teachers are really sound and know all about our "antics"
    same with my teachers...their great craic!
    We'v a mixed school, couldn't see myself going to an all girl school(no offence meant)just that ive always been around boys.
    none taken! lik i went to an all girls primary school so iv never been in a school environment with lads so what i never had i wont miss ya no?...so college gonna even be a newer experience for me again...lol :D
    We've like this graduation in May the parents got to that and theres tea and food afterwards and students parents teachers mingle there, then 6th years head off for their own night out!So really everyone gets a night!
    ya on our graduation in may2 and same kinda thing..except when we head off into town clubbn a few teachers come out with us and they all hav a laugh, they even help with gettng everyone with regards of passn IDS out!!lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Ours is in Rochestown Hotel too, its on earlier so ill let you know how we get on!!
    Our teachers always go, the old ones just go for the meal but the younger ones stay for a while and get drunk with the students.....should be a great laugh, especially seeing as we've karaoke booked....oh the cheesyness.... :)

lol..was beginning to think i was nearly the only person from Cork here.. heard the food not meant to be great there tho...oh well!
    karaoke booked
    gas stuff!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I wanted a karaoke sooooo bad but noooo i had to be out voted *me kicks stone and sulks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

yeah we're having karaoke as well, so the debs committee say......
    oh god......

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Anyone else here from Galway? We are having ours in the Salthill Hotel in September. How come every other school has a Debs Committee? We have a few busybodies who pester everyone else!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement