Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Ours is in the Pavilion in Leopardstown on September 22nd - anyone know that place? I've heard it's quite nice. Our tickets were €80 though - bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Fishie wrote:
    Ours is in the Pavilion in Leopardstown on September 22nd - anyone know that place? I've heard it's quite nice. Our tickets were €80 though - bastards!

Ours are there too on the 15th! Except the tickets were €75 muhahaha! (I actually thought it was quite reasonable, because initially they were going to be like €150, but they changed the venue). Its meant to be nice (he Luas is nearby!) or so say our debs committee ...

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I'm in the Grand Hotel in Wicklow for mine on Sept 21st. The original hotel was being knocked down!

Called limo companies recently. Almost 20 calls needed to get one for that night. Book now if you're on then, seems to be a popular night.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Fishie wrote:

what school you in

i went to a debs there....

crap to say the least, Very expensive and they close the place at 2am.

Joe

I'm in the Grand Hotel in Wicklow for mine on Sept 21st. The original hotel was being knocked down!

Called limo companies recently. Almost 20 calls needed to get one for that night. Book now if you're on then, seems to be a popular night.

do what i did...

DUBLIN BUS.... ALL THE WAY

Quite fun when there is Like 40 of you.

cost = 1 EURO, 65 CENTS

• Advertisement

Nah, it has to be class all the way for my date. She has a black dress with pink trim, I'm getting a black tux with either a pink top-hat or pink dickie-bow. Limo is costing me €325 (Black stretch merc), inc. 3 pickups. So between the 6 of us in the limo, it'll be €110 per couple (I get the extra fiver for organising)

Also, everyone in my school is a scumbag that would probably hijack the bus.

mystery debs....

i like it.

nah serriouly, think of what a waste of money. even get a taxi, it would be a hell of a lot cheeper

Its one night. So far the total cost is €260. I've budgeted for €500. I don't care. Fiona deserves it all. (So do I, time to show all the scum that I am doing much better then them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Haedes1987

Debs - CANT.****ÍNG.WAIT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

snappieT wrote:
    Its one night. So far the total cost is €260. I've budgeted for €500. I don't care. Fiona deserves it all. (So do I, time to show all the scum that I am doing much better then them)
    Whats the prefered method for arriving in style to a debs theses days?!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

We're in the Standhouse, apparently lax enough with the closing times, breakfast given, €140 for two tickets, includes bus, meal, dancin etc, thing finishes up at 4am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

We're stayin down in wexford, in some hotel! Costs a bit, but it'll be worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

snappieT wrote:

For ppl around North Kildare/West Dublin www.favouritelimousines.ie are very good. Their stretch limo is gorgeous *drools* Also have Bentleys and I think some other type of car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Po-2

Im in charge of our debs and we are goin to kilmurry lodge hotel in limerick has anyone been there

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭yelselseivad

Thinking of having our debs here. Anyone got any feedback about it. They seem to provide/do everything but is there a catch? It seems too good to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

what school you in

i went to a debs there....

crap to say the least, Very expensive and they close the place at 2am.

Joe

Closes at 2? That's ****e. I heard my debs was gonna be there, but if it closes at that hour where the hell are we supposed to go? Man this is weak.

This whole thing sounds really expensive. People are getting limo's? Christ! I was thinking of getting a taxi or something, but thought it might be a bit pricy y'know. I can't afford all this. Man I bet you all have jobs or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

My debs pics
    ours was in the newgrange hotel in navan last week and it was brill!!! food was georgous, band were unbelieveable and drink served until 4!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

debs this early? I"m going in OCtober. JUst putting thought into it now. HAve to admit our school was **** for organising it. Didn't bother changing location where it has been on for as long as i can remember bit of a kip or so i heard. Have to see what kind of money i have left after holidays. Will be expensive. For those who went, how much did it cost u?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

yeah, ours isn't until mid-september...and I was thinkin I would chillax for a while and then I hear all the girls have their dresses-eek!!! So I went out and (thankfully) found one...I think I've got transport, "date" and all sorted. all i have to get now is shoes, bag, shawl, etc....anything else I need to worry about? I hate when you get that sinking feeling that you've forgotten something...

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Limousines are for knackers :)
    As are waist-coats on guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

Hello,sorry this may be stupid question but maybe you know, I think someone mentioned you actually need id to get into debs? is that right? I sorry to ask but I meant to go to one and I wonder do I need some, thanks.

Yes you do unfortunately. Unless you have a really really really nice bar manager. :)

I thank you, what is age you have to be? That must be silly, I have friend she is only 16 now, she not be able to go to own debs maybe!

18 I believe.

Your friend can go. I myself will be only 17, but I can still go as long as I don't drink.
    I don't drink anyway so it's not a problem.

Just wanna bust some moves! :)

So why do I need id? Is it because it is not my debs? I can't drink, it goes straight to my head, all I need is a glass of wine! These stupid rules! and I still have to make my dress!

Well you only need id if you're going to drink.

It just like any other pub: if you're young then you'll need to show id to drink. :(

I just assumed straight away that you were planning to drink. :o

oh!! silly me! I think it was that you need one to get into the actual building :p ! I think it's deffinitly good that i have a year to get ready for mine!

Oh lol!

I know on some rare occasions that some cruel owners will demand id at the door, fully aware that most people will be underage and that he/she will be ruining his/her debs.

But like I said: very rare. But if it was me I'd get id just in case.

ok, I find people are often unfirendly so I think your right. Thank you for your help, your were very kind!

• Advertisement

Hmmm my first compliment in 6 years, and it was about a topic I know nothing about: al-kee-hall.

On a serious note, no problem! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement