Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lost_soul

Our school goes to a beach every year. We usually have trouble with the bus companies though because no1 wants the responsibility of dumping a load of drunk teenager on a beach.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Taffy89

bingo9999 wrote:
    no no fundraising far as i know but then it is pres and the fancy ass "image" they wanna give off probably wouldn't suit it. I think it will be around 40 r 50 but we had to pay 10 of it a few weeks ago.

40 or 50..thats really good..your the pres though so you probably get loads of sponsership??
    I,m in 5th year but one of the 6th years were saying that all together there debs is gonna cost around 11000 with buses..band..dj..meal..and renting the place..so fundraising is really neccesary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

My friend is doing the organising but i honestly have no idea about sponsorship, maybe i just havent heard but i just dont know really. Man thats alot!!!!!!!! I dunno how much ours will cost in total but ill find out tomorrow and post it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

old darnley lodge.. it's in meath. not til october but we have to start paying this month, 75 euro a ticket but everyone's buying two! no idea who i'll bring, kind of hoping it'll sort itself out over the next few months... did anyone have their debs there? really want to know what it's like, haven't heard anything from anyone who's been, just from our debs commitee who say "it's fabulous!":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Toasty

My Debs is on the 1st of August and we're going to the Hotel Kilmore in Cavan. Does anyone know if it's any good?
    Still have to find a date and a dress:o
    but sure i've a while to go so hopefully it'll be alright!
    Can't wait for it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Everything always sorts its self out in the end, grand and handy. I just bought a suit/tuxy thing froms BT's cause of deb's comming up now ill gat a fare run out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lost_soul

Toasty wrote:
    My Debs is on the 1st of August and we're going to the Hotel Kilmore in Cavan. Does anyone know if it's any good?
    Ya i went there last year. It isnt to bad but the don't give everything they promise. They served everyone no bother. Anyone with ID has it scanned at the start and you get a wrist band. They dont check them at the bar though. Dont try fake I.D.'s because they will be taken off ye. They charge €15 for a bottle of **** cheap wine with the meal (didnt ask for ID for it). The nite club is a bit smelly and it ended at least an hour before what they had said. The bar closed and hour before that too so make sure you stock up! Breakfast is a bowl of cereal, cocktail sausages and bread. It tastes nice when your drunk but i wouldnt chance it sober. Also its self service so if you want anything you better get to it fast because the dont bring out seconds!!

lost_soul wrote:
    Ya i went there last year. It isnt to bad but the don't give everything they promise. They served everyone no bother. Anyone with ID has it scanned at the start and you get a wrist band. They dont check them at the bar though. Dont try fake I.D.'s because they will be taken off ye. They charge €15 for a bottle of **** cheap wine with the meal (didnt ask for ID for it). The nite club is a bit smelly and it ended at least an hour before what they had said. The bar closed and hour before that too so make sure you stock up! Breakfast is a bowl of cereal, cocktail sausages and bread. It tastes nice when your drunk but i wouldnt chance it sober. Also its self service so if you want anything you better get to it fast because the dont bring out seconds!!

ehh thanks now i really don't wanna go there!!
    only kidding can't wait for it!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Our debs is set to cost around €13,000 altogehter. €200 per ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

Toasty wrote:

wer also havin ours der on the 25th of july
    last year it was there and was a huge sucess
    the bouncers wer strict on id for the forst hour r so but afta that it was all forgotten about
    should be a good nite
    d only ting is dat d bar finishes up at 1.30 r so we've been told

• Advertisement

mel(",) wrote:
    wer also havin ours der on the 25th of july
    last year it was there and was a huge sucess
    the bouncers wer strict on id for the forst hour r so but afta that it was all forgotten about
    should be a good nite
    d only ting is dat d bar finishes up at 1.30 r so we've been told

half one ah well thats not to bad!!
    we were told dat 4 our debs the bar doesn't close till bout half 2 or later.
    what was offered to your debs by the kilmore?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Half one??

We are about to book ours, all we need to do now is get the money together.. they said the bar is like till like 2 - 2:30 then a different one opens till 6..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Just thought I would post this, it wasnt our grad, it was the year aboves us but we were invited.

When: 7th September 2005
    Where: Woodstock Hotel, Ennis, Co. Clare
    Started: 8.00pm
    Finished: 7.00am, I think.

We had a band and a DJ, bar closed at 2am with the DJ ending the music.
    Cost us €100 for a pair of tickets.

I didnt take these photos but a friend of mine gave them to me so I threw them on the net.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferghal/sets/1275289/

Funkstard wrote:
    Our debs is set to cost around €13,000 altogehter. €200 per ticket.

what €200? where are ya goin?? hollywood??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

I just found out that ours will be €85 for two people, so since we have payed the 10 deposit only another 75 is owed. This seems pretty good to me but what is the feeling on this? I asked about it and there is no sponsorship so seems pretty good. Included in that is paying for 5 or 6 teachers. Oh ya and its 15 extra for photography on the night so thats not included

Toasty wrote:
    what €200? where are ya goin?? hollywood??

We're making it better than the bog standard hotel function

You will love your debs!I've been to three debs before and im going to three this summer!Ive been in kilmore twice!its grand!Unfortunately one of my classmates slit his wrisrs at it which was a total downer!That happened at my years debs.

Funkstard wrote:
    We're making it better than the bog standard hotel function

fair enough!! although €400 still seems v.expensive!! I wouldn't pay that much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i know this is totally off topic...but Toasty, i LOVE the breakfast club!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I know this is also off topic, but hell yea, Breakfast Club rocks!

Meat Injection!

• Advertisement

exiot wrote:

Meat Injection!
    :D

Our debs is gonna be savage.. It's like a Bar till 2.. then no bar for 3 hours then another at 5 then we get breakfast at 6 or 7 .. haha! what a binge..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Debs, woo. Alcohol woo, questionable food woo, ALCOHOL woo

i know this is totally off topic...but Toasty, i LOVE the breakfast club!!!

thanks!! me loves it too!!

exiot wrote:

Meat Injection!

yeah i know i love the breakfast club 2!!

*Tripper* wrote:
    Debs, woo. Alcohol woo, questionable food woo, ALCOHOL woo
    i concour!

You will love your debs!I've been to three debs before and im going to three this summer!Ive been in kilmore twice!its grand!Unfortunately one of my classmates slit his wrisrs at it which was a total downer!That happened at my years debs.

Eh, jesus

wtf..

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Lets not put the debs thread on a downer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement