Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭John Doe

We're not having a debs cos our principal is evil. We organised a fundraising ball for the Irish Cancer Society though, which most of the year will attend with dates. It's on the day after my 18th! Yippee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

**** the principal, just get a comity together and organise one, there is nothing the principal can do. You pay for all of it at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭John Doe

*shhh* Don't tell anyone but our fundraising ball is a debs for all intents and purposes, except that we're also giving money to the Cancer Society. Last time people in our school tried to set up a debs on their own they were foolish enough to use the school's name and it was shut down. I'd like to see our principal try to cancel a cancer fundraiser, though...Heeheehee:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

what clever 6th years you are! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭yellow

Check out www.debsball.ie we found venues and entertainment for our debs on this website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hope springs

Venue: Four Seasons Dublin
    Date: no idea. maybe I should find out.
    Rough Start time: no clue...might also be useful
    Rough Finish Time: some time the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

the debs is over-rated. big waste of money and an excuse to get rotten.

dresses, tux's, limo's, tickets....drink.... easily €600/700 per couple. gimme a week abroad anyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

smemon wrote:
    the debs is over-rated. big waste of money and an excuse to get rotten.

dresses, tux's, limo's, tickets....drink.... easily €600/700 per couple. gimme a week abroad anyday.

Oh OOOh!! looks like someone(smemon) aint got a date for t3h debs!! :D haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

zing.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

icon_smile_owned.gif

• Advertisement

i'd put money on it im in a longer relationship any of you's have ever been in....

4yrs 9mnths, half a decade in august :)

sorry to disappoint you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

smemon wrote:
    i'd put money on it im in a longer relationship any of you's have ever been in....

4yrs 9mnths, half a decade in august :)

sorry to disappoint you ;)

Doesn't count if it's with another boy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

And nobody really gives a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 lifesucks

Why not????

or with yourself...

i don't think you could love anyone as much as you do yourself smemon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GOLLY

OUR DEBS IS IN OCTOBER IN MEATH - AT MO' COSTING US A BIT BUT ARE BEST SPEND WOULD BE THE WORLDS ONLY GOLD LIMO:) - WE GOT IT FROM A PLACE CALLED KP CHAUFFEUR DRIVE - WWW.KPCD.IE

GOLLY wrote:
    OUR DEBS IS IN OCTOBER IN MEATH - AT MO' COSTING US A BIT BUT ARE BEST SPEND WOULD BE THE WORLDS ONLY GOLD LIMO:) - WE GOT IT FROM A PLACE CALLED KP CHAUFFEUR DRIVE - WWW.KPCD.IE

how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Mine in on the ninth of June in the newgrange hotel in Navan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

NADA wrote:
    Mine in on the ninth of June in the newgrange hotel in Navan!

you mean july????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Golly, your debs is in October?
    is that not reeeeeeeeally late?!

ok.. maybe im really out of touch.

i know my school is odd, ours is over and done with, had it back in january. but arent most in like, july or august?

ahh well.

its such an anti-climax guys.. bit of a laugh alright.. but yeah.. mine is but a distant memory..

• Advertisement

Hi Rockerette

Think October is late, a friend of mine also in Dublin, his School Debs is in November down to Newgrange. He prefered Silver Limo from
    www.kpcd.ie

Besides being as late in the year means have something to look forward to after the Summer:) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

did leaving cert in 2005 and my debs was in the newgrange hotel. word of advice: if you're not drunk enough before ou go downstairs get a nose peg, it smells (luckily i didnt need one). but its a great place! someone got arrested at mine and there was loads of drama! oh the memory! (the one thing i remember was that it was a great place)

GOLLY wrote:
    Besides being as late in the year means have something to look forward to after the Summer:) :)

hehe does college not do that no!?

i can see the point of it being after the summer, but is it not weird like, in November, when you've started new stuff, and moved on no?

just wonderin :)

Hey Rockerette,

Take it easy there only after finishing the leaving cert like not be thinkin about college just yet want to enjoy the bit of time.

Any way November is a bit of a dull month, cold and dark, need to liven things up during the month and what way better than to have the debs then:)

Follow this up then the following month by Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sylvie Casey

I just recently hired out a bus called the Party Limo to get down to Oxegen for me and 35 friends and it was amazing. There's a bar on board(where you get 3 complimentary drinks) and a karaoke machine. It was such good fun and it really got the weekend off to a great start, so I'm planning to use it for my debs in september. I'd recommend it to anyone else too for their debs-the website is www.creativeevents.ie -check it out!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I just recently hired out a bus called the Party Limo to get down to Oxegen for me and 35 friends and it was amazing. There's a bar on board(where you get 3 complimentary drinks) and a karaoke machine. It was such good fun and it really got the weekend off to a great start, so I'm planning to use it for my debs in september. I'd recommend it to anyone else too for their debs-the website is www.creativeevents.ie -check it out!:p

Thanks Sylvie! That looks like a fantastic offer! What was that site again? Oh yes, www.creativeevents.ie.

Thats... www.creativeevents.ie

www.creativeevents.ie for all your event needs :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

hummer%203%20800.jpg

I have this baby hired from Falconer & Sons for our Debs in August. :)

Was at a Debs in Belfast last November, everyone stayed in the hotel until 2am and then 2 buses took us all to a Bowling Alley/Jungle Gym place and it was the best craic you could ever imagine. Its a savage idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

me and 19 friends have booked The Cube from creative events.full bar,live band,40 people,free drinks!cant wait!!!!

i got a taxi to mine... :o

only met my date at the hotel too.. ahaha im such a crap debs person..

(we dont live near each other.. no point wasting petrol :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

This is my GORGEOUS son and girly.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement