Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ALL THINGS DEBS / GRADS!! *

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

School: Colaiste Mhuire
    Date: 24th August 06
    Venue: Springhill Hotel, Kilkenny
    Time: 19:00 - 05:45 (Time I arrived home at)

Excellent night altogether. Only have a handful of photos for ye, so here ya go.

Number 1: Me, My mum and my Girlfriend (date)
    Number 2: Stunning. The missus striking a pose.

355811125a1864338970b419586316l.jpg

355811125a1864303623b587049995l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've just finished doing a site for someone, she has some nice debs dresses for anyone interested.... Lori's Fashions

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Ballerina wrote:
    me and 19 friends have booked The Cube from creative events.full bar,live band,40 people,free drinks!cant wait!!!!

ahaha......tell them all how well you organised it too......heh heh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

well for my first post...im gonna ask for some advice

well my debs are on in November and i have my date but the problem is transport....im bringing 2 others couples aswell.....and we booked a limo which costs 240euros.....

the limo was her idea....but i dont want the limo, i want to use this truck i have.
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/McAuliffeTrucking/ff0a18c4.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e12/McAuliffeTrucking/Boottotheheadlight2006007.jpg

Its an American show truck which is the only one in Ireland. It has 170 lights, the inside was done up by an interior decorator in June, it has couches, a plasma flatscreen tv etc etc.......but the problem is, she says its way over the top. Her friends agree with her but all my friends are encouraging me to take it. I mean why spend 240 on a limo when this which is bigger and better is free. But the only problem i have is that im in 6th year and she having done TY is in 5th, which means this is my first and only debs while she will have one next year....so basically she is being selfish...she could do what she wants next year

im not a bad person but this would kind of wreck my night and this really lovely girl said she would love to go with me and even better, she would have loved to gone in the truck......so im no unsure what to do...so HELP!!! do i tell her i dont want to go with her and that she has another debs next year or do i stick with her???

ohh btw, if anyone is interested in hiring out the truck for a debs...well, let me know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Bring the truck! It's yer debs man, it'd be cool.

Just came back from the Ardboyne a few hours ago <loreto bray debs>, was good. Not great, or brilliant, or terrible, but good. The dinner nearly killed me, the hall was so hot and crowded that it was hard not to fall asleep during the meals. Band were good, but played for too short.
    Overall, nothing much different than an ordinary nightclub in town, or even <shudder>, Bray. But the people make it, and I had a bit of fun and I suppose that's hte main thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

I'd Bring the truck :cool:

I was going to get my uncle's kenworth to bring us only there's 8 of us so it'd be a bit of a squeeze :D

Nice rig ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

Is it a problem if you're vegetarian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

O_o My bf told me his debs will be in January, mine's not 'till next September, now I have much hassle ahead of me if I go. grrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

W00t.

5th Sept, Old Darnley. Great night.

I loved my dress....\o/

I really love the second picture, you look stunning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

School: St. Colmcilles, Knocklyon, Dublin
    Date: 17th October 2006
    Venue: Ardboyne Hotel, Navan
    Time: 9pm-4am

Rating: 3/5

The hotel was sound enough. Toilets were disgusting [puke in the urinal/ floor] but it was just one of them nights where everyone was too pissed to care! Food sucked ass but again everyone was too pissed to care! There was a night club part where we just danced the night away then. The DJ was pretty good, playing a few tunes to get the people in party mood. Overall the hotel was average, it was the people that made the night for me!

Pic:
    223802899a2293660189b251961897ltt1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 MaryJane213

i'm on the grand committee this year (doesn't look like anyone else is gonna do anything!) and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where to hold it? the school is in louth but travelling isn't a prob?!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭yellow

Hey DebsBall.ie is a good spot for organisers and those going to the Debs or Pre-Debs! It has all you could possibly need on one site - a good link to have http://www.debsball.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 MaryJane213

thanks yellow!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

WHATEVER YOU DO DONT GO TO NEWGRANGE OR NEWBRIDGE OR WHATEVER THE HELL ITS CALLED

(for those of you for whom this advice is too late...i feel your pain...)

(oh and DONT eat the breakfast "rolls")

We're going to Ardenode...anyone been there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Was at a debs up in Belfast a couple of months ago - only thought to post pics now.

7670216a2687704347b3600026l.jpg

Theyre debs was really cool, they had awards during them for a laugh, like 'Nerd of the Year', 'Chain Smoker of the Year' and of course, being an all-girls school, the 'Oompa Loompa award' for the girl known most for wearing fake tan. It was a great laugh, finished at about 1am but they had a nightclub booked for afterwards so all in all, id give it a 9/10 - certainly better than my own debs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Anyone got any reports on the pavillion in leopardstown? Our school are having it there this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Black_Venom

Rawwr mine is in the Arklow Bay Hotel :D anyone been there

Good luck to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Hey, my debs was originally meant to be in the Tara Towers but there was a problem with our deposit so the booking was cancelled. We're now having it in the Red Cow as a last minute thing.. But I'v heard some awful things about the Red Cow, can anyone confirm/deny what it's like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 originalcupcake

i went to a grads in the rochestown park hotel last year, twas good enough, had to leave early-ish though and some people didnt like the food..but it was a laugh all the same. came home at around 9 the next morning, good laugh!:D

got mine in sept this year...in silver springs hotel in cork, anyone been there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

i went to a grads in the rochestown park hotel last year, twas good enough, had to leave early-ish though and some people didnt like the food..but it was a laugh all the same. came home at around 9 the next morning, good laugh!:D

got mine in sept this year...in silver springs hotel in cork, anyone been there??

I went to one in Rochestown Park too, I thought the food was awwwful. The dessert literally stuck to the plate. We're going there for ours too tho :( which one were u at? Half of Cork had theirs at RPH last year.
    I've heard Silversprings's pretty good. That's where Christians is this year too.

The Red Cow is an absolute kip, but you'll stop caring about the food (unless it's suddenly gotten awesome) after a while with the drink and what have you.

Ours is the Ardenode this year, 3rd Sept, it's meant to be classy. Woo.

Last year, Old Darnley...we'll never be allowed head there again...

The Red Cow got sick of our school too. Years and years and years ago, we were actually classy enough for the Ambassador! My friend goes to Loreto on the Green, and hers is on in the Berkeley Court...

It'd wanna be classy if it's going to be graced with my presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

We're having our debs in September. There are only 20 in our class and we're going to be in a massive hall. It's going to be a disaster. We'll probably be home before 12!:(

Or:D we might just ditch it after the dinner and see where the night takes us.:D

In your whole year? Wtf? Ours will be over 100, plus 'dates' that are eh, outsiders..

96 in our year, then there's people who have left, then peoples' dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

In your whole year? Wtf? Ours will be over 100, plus 'dates' that are eh, outsiders..

Yes! Ridiculous, isn't it? With dates we might scrape 30. Yay.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

pfft, just invite like 3 dates each and make them buy their own tickets

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement