Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Lessons

Options
  • 30-08-2002 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks,

I've had an electric guitar for about a year now, and I've only really messed about with it (some tabs, chords etc.).

I want to be able to play it properly, and that means lessons. Can anyone recommend somewhere for lessons in Limerick?

A friend of mine is going to some music school or other (the name escapes me), which is a 10 month course, weekly half hour lessons, one to one, and over €500 up front. I'd prefer to do a couple of months of lessons to cover basic technique, chords etc. first.

Any ideas?

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I saw in a night-courses booklet that there is class's on Tuesday nights in Crescent College, Dooradoyle. Ring 061-302354 or email nightclassesccc@eircom.net
    Start date 1/10/02
    70E for 10 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good value, but night classes in the comp would indicate to me that its not a one to one class. Does it say in the booklet that its class based, or one to one tuition ??

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

check out the Limerick school of music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

It doesn't say whether its one2one but at 7Euro per night its surely class based. Why not enrol anyway, its only 70Euro??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 d0nny2600

Hey, I am available for 1 to 1 guitar lessons. I am a professional musician and can offer a reasonable rate for 1 to 1 lessons. If you are interested contact me on 087-3120403, my name is Don.

• Advertisement

Im fully booked now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leinadseveer

I'm available for guitar lessons if you need them - i have a thread with my contact details under music/ tuition / lessons...
    Dan - 0 8 5 7 8 3 8 1 4 6

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭shanejunkin

Hi Dan,

Are you still available for lessons?

Would you be able to run me through some rhythm drills? Maybe some help with accenting and different time signatures? Some sweep picking techniques? And some scales?

I've been playing for years but my rhythm and timing are awful, I really need help getting those sorted out.

Where in Limerick are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Martin Legge

If any of you guys are still looking for guitar tuition, please PM me, I am currently teaching both guitar and piano full time in the Limerick area.
    Martin

Could you post/text me your phone number? I'd be very interested in guitar lessons, and possibly some piano lessons. My phone number is 0872208876.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Martin Legge

Thanks for the interest, and feel free to call on 0868050097 but you'll note I am based in Limerick, so if you're in Lucan that's not going to work I'm afraid!

Forgot to update my profile... I'm living in Limerick now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bryan Griffin

Hi,

I am also available for guitar lessons....I'm based in the west Limerick area and I have my own practice space - loadsa space for jamming.

Give me a shout if your interested - bryan@roper.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭maca912

Same here,

Available for group or private lessons, all ages catered for.

maca912@gmail.com

d0nny2600 wrote: »
    Im fully booked now

Few time slots available soon. Contact me on 0873120403. Don

Bump

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement