Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ash

Options
  • 30-08-2002 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

I really used to like them. Now they just suck big time. "Envy" is the worst song ive heard in ages. And as for Tim on the cover of Gay Ireland and the two blokes in the taxi in the new video? Whats the craic there? Still pretty good live tho.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

They're still damn good live, They have a nice mix of new and old songs and know how to get the crowd going.

Well maybe he's gay, or may lots of celebs are on the cover of gayireland regularly because it's PR.

- Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They were a good band, and Tim Wheeler is a good guitarist. There are some brilliant songs on 1977 and some great guitar, But he slacked off because he wanted to focus more on vocals (hahhahahahhaha) and he let that Charlette one in (nyom).

They're too deperate to stay in the charts nowadays so they keep releasing 3 minute pop songs. And you can tell Tim hates it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, they're pretty good live, saw them with Muse though, who were far better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Used to be an insane Ash fan but have calmed down in recent years...

And as for their greatest hits collection...come on they've only had 3 bloody albums!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Thats actually quite acurate...Tim's vocals have improved recently....

But still, Girl From Mars was their last great song and that was seven years ago...

We're still waiting for Tim to produce something of that calibre again....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Still think they're excellent. Granted "Envy" isn't the best of their output, but a crap Ash song is still better then a lot of sh*t out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

imho petrol was their best song and that was even more than 7 years ago. warmer than fire was also excelent but that was a cover. if they werent so bloody good live i would have lost faith a long time ago. envy is ****e though.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

But still, Girl From Mars was their last great song and that was seven years ago...

We're still waiting for Tim to produce something of that calibre again....QUOTE]
    WTF are you on aboot man. Burn Baby Burn and Shining Light were two of the best songs in the last million years! That whole album kicks ass and don't you forget it.:cool:

You must be taking the píss....Shining Light was an atrocius song....it made the baby Jesus cry...

Even though the album had some good songs on it...namely Walking Barefoot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i used ta be mad , into ash.i still think that thier a good band , but well i jus could`nt listen to them anymore, i dont really know why , but i jus kinda went off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I used to love Ash too, had the t-shirt an' all! (don't know where it is now tho...) I don't think they'll ever top 1977. Class album. I still like 'em, don't get me wrong, but they ain't producing stuff as good as they used to. I didn't even bother buying Nu-Clear Sounds. I got the last album "Free All Angels" and I have to say I wasn't very impressed but I reckon track 6, "Submission" is the best thing they've done that probably won't be released!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

well I saw them in Leeds there last weekend and they were excellent live. Burn Baby Burn IS a classic song. Probably my fav Ash song. I have to admit that Envy is a crap song. The chorus really annoys me , It's like he couldnt think of anything else to put in there so it's just "Ennnvy, Ennnnvy Ennnnnnnnnnnvy". Terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I saw them in Leeds too and it was really good although Tim's voice was a bit dodgy in places. The backdrop was cool tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Seems as if most people agree with me so far. I have to say tho, Burn Baby Burn is a class song, but most of the Free All Angels stuff isnt a patch on, say, Trailer, or 1977.

Trailer had some really cracking songs on it....

Season and Jack Names The Planets are still brilliant.

Advertisement