Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parasite Eve 2

Options
  • 30-08-2002 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Is any one else as fond of this games as I am?

I sorta old but if you can look past its graphics (which are very good for PS1) its a great game with a great story.

Its a pity PE1 was never released here, as some of the story expects you to know about the previous game
    (Maya, NY Incident etc)

Vagrant Story is one of my all time favourites.
    Im hoping for a follow up to continue the story.
    Knowing Squaresoft, they wont.

A FFVII Remake for PS2? Sounds Good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

PE1 was pretty good for its time. It was more of an rpg than a survival horror tho. It used a different system than most rpg's for fighting etc., but then rpg's were still not big sellers over here at the time.

PE2 is damn cool, alot like resident evil, good controls, just a pain in the ass to get the cool weapons like the gun-blade from ff8 which involved playing the game thru about 5 times which i couldn't be bothered doing.
    Also if you didn't follow an exact sequence of events and do certain things at particular times (mostly involving saving that dog) you got a 8 second real time ending which showed nothing. The proper ending was about 10 minutes of FMV loveliness.

Must go dig out PE1, i still havent completed the extra challenge of all 100 floors of the crysler building after you beat the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Now ive completed it twice i used my explorer cart to get the gunblade. I also used the explorer to watch the other FMV which I did not get on either game.

If only i could get PE1....

Headed to the Wanted Forum....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

PE2 was a bit of a disappointment after PE1, definitely; rather too action-focused for my liking, and nowhere near as interesting a game. Pick up the original if you can, you really won't be disappointed :)

Advertisement