Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone to the Dogs

Options
  • 30-08-2002 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Ever been to the dogtrack ? Win any money ? My friend and myself had fun one evening betting on all the names of dogs that sounded smutty. We came out with a profit I think.

Its good fun with the pub and betting and band afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I was there at the new track about three weeks ago. Good laugh. Food is quite good there (and it's handy the way they'll take your bets at the table)

Came home a loser. Two winners but told herself I'd let her have the second win if it came. I'd have lost money even if I'd kept the proceeds from the second win.

Good night on the whole - to be recommended as something different

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I used to go to the old track and win all the time. Over the course of 3 months I won £1,500 placing bets of £3 and £6, but college started and I had to quit. In my few visits to the new track I can't seem to win anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Ah yeah, Curraheen Park on a Sat is a great night out. Far better than the old Western Rd venue. Bord na gCon have hit the right formula here.

Complaint I have, tho', is it's such a shame CIE cancelled the special bus service from/to Pana six months ago. It can be a bit of a lottery trying to get a cab back into the city after racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

how about CORK Racecourse, which of course should be MALLOW Racecource

but we wont get into that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

dogtrack is a great laugh.

rarely take home a profit tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

how about CORK Racecourse, which of course should be MALLOW Racecource

Mallow is in County Cork! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement