Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

save live streaming audio

• 31-08-2002 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

how do i save audio streemed off the net,creamfields is being brodcasted live over the net from 6 tonite [on 2fm]and i want 2 save it 2 my comp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If it's using Real audio, you'll need something called Streambox VCR (just do a google for it - it's of questionable legality (there was a nice case (Real Networks v Streambox) which resulted in it being withdrawn so no links))

If it's using anything Microsofty, it'll be ASF Recorder.

Obviously if you don't give a damn about keeping it digital all the way you could just connect a tape recorder to the sound card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by sceptre
    Obviously if you don't give a damn about keeping it digital all the way you could just connect a tape recorder to the sound card

yep... you could use a cd/md/mp3 to cassette adaptor -> connect it to your sound card and then to your hifi/cassete player etc .

need sure to put your WaveOut low ....cos it will become all distorted...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox

yep... you could use a cd/md/mp3 to cassette adaptor -> connect it to your sound card and then to your hifi/cassete player etc .

need sure to put your WaveOut low ....cos it will become all distorted...

If doing this method why not record straight to tape from 2fm on the airwaves?

I notice it's on N2 also if ya wanna video of it! ;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sorry, the thing on N2 is a highlights show at 5.05

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i am at work and i dont have access to a tape recorder, anyway i dont use them any more all my stuff comes off my pcs speakers

• Advertisement
Advertisement