Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women drivers .. BAH

• 31-08-2002 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

bloody women drivers are so unaware of what their doing... I've just after had a near miss with a stupid women not aware of what she was doing and changing lanes without indicating or looking in the mirror ... and me with my headlights on during the day thinking ppl could see me ....

seriously, how the hell do some women get BMW's ??? when they can't drive for ****e.. how the F*UCK is my insurance up through my arse when that womens is prolly half mine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by ando
    seriously, how the hell do some women get BMW's ??? when they can't drive for ****e.. how the F*UCK is my insurance up through my arse when that womens is prolly half mine

It's probably her hubby's car especially if shes that dumb and shes probably on her hubby's insurance with a provisional licence cause shes too stupid to have passed the test and his insurance is probably only an extra couple of hundred Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

A good old bitch at women drivers. Lord its been a while!

/me readies himself for the onslaught of feminists waitng to call these comments sexist and disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A regular bitch about wimmen drivers is good therepy.

For what its worth and I drive about 40,000 miles a year,
    women drivers are more likely to cause you to make a sudden
    manoever than men, they don't look in thier mirrors even when parked (I nearly removed the drivers door of some ol' one
    today as she tried to get out of her Nissan).

They nearly always drive too slow as well while often not getting out of the way of quicker traffic, those mirrors again.

The profile of distaff drivers is changing, these days younger women are quite likely to be piloting something expensive and fast so the potential for disaster is increasing all the time! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

/me sets up his comfy chair and munchies to view the upcoming carnage

But yes.. women drivers eh? That whole 40mph in the fast lane thing really gets to ya after a while *twitch*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

In fairness to say that women drivers are bad is a bit of a generalisation. I know plenty of women who are decent drivers.

But there are a hell of a lot of crap women drivers out there, probably more so than males. (Theres a lot of crap male ones too)

Actually a large percentage of the drivers on Irish roads are crap. The problem is more so the general standard of driving on the countries roads and the qualirty of driving that goes on. The biggest worry I have whenever I'm on the road is that I've seen so many stupid mistakes, dangerous manouvers and I wonder when someone will cause an accident for me.

I wouldn't call myself a brilliant driver but I sure as hell know what speed to drive at where, when I have right of way, all the rules of the road and I am damn sure I'm never a danger on the road.

The problem with all these bad drivers is that they can't even see when they are being dangerous, causing inconvenience and even constantly breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

ffs... some of them drive waaaay to cautiously (so much so that it becomes dangerous).. to slow and most of all, they are unpredicatable... You just dont know what to expect when driving behind a slow women driver, like what happened to me today. I was in the fast lane just about to pass a women driver in the slow lane.. only to get the biggest shock of my life when she drove into my lane without warning... ARHHHH... 'YOU F*KING BITCH.. WHAT THE F*CK YOU DOING????????' Imagine I crashed into her... front car damage on my car *insurance company see's me as fault of crash*

serienty now... serienty now

maybe I should start honking my horn and waving my hands 100 meters before overtaking a women driver, cause its obvious that leaving my headlights on during the day still doesn't wake up the stupid b****s

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

The only mirrors most women know how to use in a car is the vanity ones which they have specially put on the drivers side for them. You'd normally fail your driving test if you drive over cautiously and if you don't keep up with the flow of traffic even if it is going slightly over the speed limit. In Italy they fine you if you hold up traffic by moving too slow, here for some reason it seems to be accepted. Insurance is also dirt cheap over there and the person is insured rather than the car so if you have 3 cars you only pay the 1 premium because over there it's accepted that 1 person can not drive more than 1 car simultaneously, unlike here. I used to insure a moped over there when I was 14 for the entire year even tho I was only there for a few weeks cause it only cost about 30 quid for the year! That was a few years ago however :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

u wot?.me a female driver..........i id`nt a totally sh*t driver.thank you very much!what ever about women drivers,,,,,,,,what about the old folks hatched over the wheel, looking in over the ditches, christ sake drive it on ffs.................gggggggrrrr old folks jus annoy me with their bad driving, so leave the women folks alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's unfair to generalise about women drivers.

However on the subject of changing lanes, it seems to have been only women that I've seen changing lanes without looking in the mirror. That'll certainly change in time (as I'm sure blokes do it too)

Originally posted by sceptre
    It's unfair to generalise about women drivers.

No, it's unfair that men pay twice to three times the insurance based purely on their gender. We have been putting up with it for years so women will just just have to put up with a bit of abuse on this thread AND GOD HELP any woman that comes on here and argues against that.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

Check this out :rolleyes:
    A few examples of bad women drivers...

I see alot of women with bad habits on the roads, such as nattering on the mobile while their negotiating a turn, parking etc..

Ever notice when you leave a woman out of a parking spot in town, she drives 100m down the street and trys and park the car again .. :( why not just walk?? i've seen this several times...

driver.jpg

ah man.. LOL

funny link divx, had a good laugh :p

Great stuff! I love the BMW driver with the fuel pump nozzle
    still in place. How the **** - I mean would'nt you notice
    it in your mirrors, ah mirrors yet again....

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Amazing, she drives her car off a pier into a Yacht and still manages to get out the door and back to dry land without smudging her make up or getting wet.

Well women were always good at that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The thing that gets me is she doesn't look particularly bothered. She doesn't seem to think she's a ****ing idiot at all. Still, the insurance will replace it for her and she'll hardly pay a penny.

I was driving down the dual carrigeway one day when I came up behind a Fiesta with a L plate on it. It was only doing 50, so naturally I went to overtake. Bad move! Some silly twat of a girl was driving it while talking on a mobile phone, and started drifting over into my lane as I was passing. She even gave me the finger when I beeped my horn to wake her up!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

you bastids! :mad:
    I didn't read all the comments, I don't have to, it's a bitching session.
    I have just one comment..
    I was almost knocked of me bike by a blind MAN last week who didn't know how to look both ways before driving out onto a busy road!! asshole put the heart cross ways on me!!

No, you're OK Ber, you drive a bike :D. As far as we're concerned, ALL car drivers suck :p

So Ber, you are saying that women drivers are about as capable as Blind Men? Ok thats grand. Wouldn't have given them that much credit though.

Oh yes, and to quote Dr. Cox:

it's a bitching session

A good old bitch at women drivers.

Please don't come on here to reitorate things to us that we already said in the hope that you will be, in some way, supplying us with new harmful information in an attempt to insult us because we know the things that we said, in fact, WE WERE THE ONES WHO SAID THEM!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I was ociing up my mate yesterday evening and to do so i have to go around these fairly narrow country roads with pretty sharp corners, which I usually take pretty handily, lucky too, this auld one speeds around this corner in her big fuc off land rover, in my lane, missing me by an inch, strange thing was she didn't seem to give a ****e that she nearly killed me and my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Women love their off roaders don't they? They feel safe in them.

Imagine a woman who drives a Focus, who's had three major accidents, two of them "single car collisions" and one where she almost killed some young fella on a motorbike while she was on the wrong side of the road. She would buy a big **** off Landcruiser because : "If I have an accident, at least I'll be alright".

Research has shown that people have an 'acceptable risk level'. I.e. : if I buy a safer car, I'll unconsiously drive that bit faster than before, thus maintaining (in my mind) the safety level. Can you imagine this lunatic, who couldn't drive before, given a vehicle that probably weighs in excess of 2T, who now feels she's absolutly safe? I'm very afraid.

And I bet her insurance is less than mine too ;)

ALL car drivers suck

that is SO true Seamus!! :D

So Ber, you are saying that women drivers are about as capable as Blind Men

quit twisting my words Mr. Neil u bastid 3030, you know what I mean!! :p
    blokes are just as bad, just in a different way!! you are in denial!

And I bet her insurance is less than mine too

next time try wearing a wig and mini skirt when applying.... :D
    oh, and btw - my insurance is the same as a blokes!

Is there a woman on this thread?

I'm appalled!

Mike.

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    Neil..........., you know I...m........a........bloke...... just in a different way!!

:p;)

Is there a woman on this thread?
    I'm appalled!

Breath deeply Mike and count to 10! :D

Neil..........., you know I...m........a........bloke...... just in a different way!!

Neil u bastid!! lol - what way would that be exactly?????
    butch lezzer??
    swings both ways?
    have a bit of the upstairs and downstairs??

and, so's I'm not off topic...

last sunday I was walking up St. Laurences Road in Chapelizod when this car flew by at 100mph with four LADS in it! they were all over the road!*

*I'm guessing the car was stolen as the alarm was going - but that's beside the point! you don't girls doing that sorta thing!

I dont mean to rub it in, but I had another near miss today, with ANOTHER WOMEN in ANOTHER BMW

Bloody women, coming upto merrion sq, just changed lanes without looking in her mirror or indicating... nearly pushed me into the traffic lights.... so I did what every other person would do, blasted my horn ... she didnt even look over to see what the noise was about.. just kept going ... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

and yes, My headlights were on full blast but yet, she didnt see me... FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I know a lot of good women drivers and i know a lot of very bad women drivers....

..My mother delivers newspapers for a living, she is a great driver with many years expierence, my 2 aunts have again many years expeirence and again are exellent drivers....however my granmother is a little more cautious on the road but not in the realms of dangerous driving (she'd keep it at 55 and never venture into the fast lane unless absolutly nesscessay)....

....and i do know of a few people (men and women) that i am reluctant to get into a car with.....

sorry but i can only judge what i can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lucy

you lot are unreal.ever wonder why your insurance is nearly 3 times what ours is???!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 aoifey123

i know this is an old thread but thought id throw my two pence in....

seems to me that the fool who started this thread is jealous of the fact that theres so many women out there driving better cars than him because they also have a better career than he does. ;)

the type of person who feels the need to lie bout the BHP of his car ..... sayin its 225 when its only a measly 210!!! PAH!!! :D

reminds me of my boyfriend.... he likes to think he's the best driver in the world and slate women drivers...but maybe his insurance is so high because of the time he crashed into that bus, maybe he's better off not driving a really nice car considering the time he was on dollymount and failed to notice the tide coming in, resulting in an engine full of seaweed and a new water pump :eek:
    he's LUCKY that any company will insure his incompetent ass, considering the time he drove over the foot of that homeless guy..... :eek:
    and as for those DAMN women not indicating when they change lanes...well maybe he should remember the time he was stopped by the guards for dangerously overtaking two cars at speed without indicating. oh and turning right further up the road without indicating either :confused:

by the way my boyfriends name is Ando....thats right...the IDIOT who started this thread!! tho in fairness he wrote it before he was lucky enough to have me in his life and i KNOW he doesnt think women are bad drivers any more now that he's experienced driving with me behind the wheel ;)

dont be bitter that my insurance only costs a couple of hundred babe, compared to the thousands ur still payin..... and dont worry, when im makin more money than u and drivin a better car, i might let u drive it round the block....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ahhh that feels better .........