Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women drivers .. BAH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

IMO Women really lack spatial awareness, they can't seem to tell where the car starts and ends.

Drive around Cork, and the rat runs like barracks street, douglas street, bandon road. and Kerry pike. Come up against a women and traffic is gridlocked for 20 minutes. I've had to move cars for women that can't seem to get past objects.

Saw another women one driving an 06 Golf right into a parked car, MASSIVE SQUEALING noise coming from the rubbing metal and get this, SHE KEPT GOING !!!

Another morning going down Douglas street, a women in a Citroen ZX with dents all over it kept moving forward when it was totally frikking obvious she was going to hit me. I shouted out the window "STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP. then eventually threw a yellow sponge out the window as she was totally focused on her wingmirror facing toward the parked cars. I had to reverse up around the corner and wait for her to go past. She was driving on the wrong side of the road with about a metre and a half of space between her and the parked cars!!

And whats with the Yummy mummies and the Land Rovers. FFS .. the amount of times i've seen them park in the most stupid places blocking traffic, or driving up on a kerb blocking the footpath for all the frikking pedestrians when they only live 5 minutes walk away from the kids school!!!

ARGH !!!

Feel better now :)

Lucy wrote:
    you lot are unreal.ever wonder why your insurance is nearly 3 times what ours is???!:p

Well women are better at shopping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Ha ha ha owned by his missus

aoifey123 wrote:
    i know this is an old thread but thought id throw my two pence in....

seems to me that the fool who started this thread is jealous of the fact that theres so many women out there driving better cars than him because they also have a better career than he does. ;)

the type of person who feels the need to lie bout the BHP of his car ..... sayin its 225 when its only a measly 210!!! PAH!!! :D

reminds me of my boyfriend.... he likes to think he's the best driver in the world and slate women drivers...but maybe his insurance is so high because of the time he crashed into that bus, maybe he's better off not driving a really nice car considering the time he was on dollymount and failed to notice the tide coming in, resulting in a new water pump :eek:
    he's LUCKY that any company will insure his incompetent ass, considering the time he drove over the foot of that homeless guy..... :eek:
    and as for those DAMN women not indicating when they change lanes...well maybe he should remember the time he was stopped by the guards for dangerously overtaking two cars at speed without indicating. oh and turning right further up the road without indicating either :confused:

by the way my boyfriends name is Ando....thats right...the IDIOT who started this thread!! tho in fairness he wrote it before he was lucky enough to have me in his life and i KNOW he doesnt think women are bad drivers any more now that he's experienced driving with me behind the wheel ;)

dont be bitter that my insurance only costs a couple of hundred babe, compared to the thousands ur still payin..... and dont worry, when im makin more money than u and drivin a better car, i might let u drive it round the block....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ahhh that feels better .........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

better at being outraged as a whole! remember when the talk about equalising insurance for women drivers came in, the outcry there was, unfortunately young men as a group have no voice, mainly their/our own fault

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

I came across a woman driver in a vitara going the WRONG WAY around the M7/N8 roundabout in Portlaoise two weeks ago. Everyone slammed on their brakes in disbelief, and didn't move until she was passed. She weaved her way between the three lanes of stationary cars.

I'm disgusted that I didn't get a picture, but the shock was too great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 aoifey123

craichoe wrote:
    IMO Women really lack spatial awareness, they can't seem to tell where the car starts and ends.

ye WOMEN lack spatial awareness...cant really blame the boyfriend for hittin that bus...they are very small and difficult to see when driving....:eek:

aoifey123 wrote:
    ye WOMEN lack spatial awareness...cant really blame the boyfriend for hittin that bus...they are very small and difficult to see when driving....:eek:

That was nothing to do with spatial awareness, that was just stupid :D

This is exactly why I'd be worried about my missus getting into boards. Going back to 2001 reading my threads and asking me questions about things I'd forgotten I'd written. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Christ, this thread was FIVE years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Are you sure that you are actually Ando's current girlfriend and not an ex? :D

can i just add that this was solely a means of annoying my other half, by replying to a seriously old thread that he had started. the fact is we shouldnt blame men or women for bad driving...we should blame old people, everyone knows they're the worst!! haha k that was a joke ;)

the fact is crap drivers are everywhere, some are male some are female, some are old.... etc. EVERYONE could tell a story of a time where they did somethin stupid on the road. no one is perfect, we all make mistakes. :)

GET OVER IT!!!!!

fletch wrote:
    Are you sure that you are actually Ando's current girlfriend and not an ex? :D

haha no no im very much his current gf which is why i have permission to rip the piss!!!! he knows im right ;)

craichoe wrote:
    That was nothing to do with spatial awareness, that was just stupid :D

it was spatial awareness he misjudged the width of his car and hit the bus. end of ...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

Was nearly side swipped on my bike after the Toll on the M50 this morning- an 06 Punto. Swerving to the right to avoid the Punto (without being able to Beep/shout because of emergency manouvre), the car behind me horned and flashed. The punto pulled back into left lane. Granted we were all doing ~30K, but it's still scary.

I finally get a chance to see what nearly squashed me. I look in the driver window of the Punto. There she is on the phone, up to her right ear. With a tub of what looked like vaseline holding the wheel in her left hand.

Do you think she acknowledged anything? Do you think she made eye contact? Do you think she won't do it again?

I hate generalising, but generally, Woman nearly kill me more than men. And the men apologise... generally.

seamus wrote:
    This is exactly why I'd be worried about my missus getting into boards. Going back to 2001 reading my threads and asking me questions about things I'd forgotten I'd written. :)

in the same way he loves to have a good old nosey at my bebo etc we're as bad as each other...he had sent me a link to his posts, i joined JUST to reply and annoy him!!! didnt expect the backlash!!! i privately rip him bout his driving and opinion of "damn women drivers" all the time and we LAUGH about it, just thought it was time to go public :D

all a bit of lighthearted fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I'm in agreement with the original poster. Driving for years, women drivers never cease to amaze me with feats of utter ignorance, rage & incompetence. The few women who can drive are only small islands of normality in a rolling sea of inadequacy. It hurts so bad!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH. Someone close this thread before the veins on my forehead pop out with all the terrible memories of being dumbstruck by yet another godawful female driver acting like a muppet.

McCalvin wrote:

I hate generalising, but generally, Woman nearly kill me more than men. And the men apologise... generally.

all getting a bit serious again... yes women use mobile phones when driving, so do men!!! and yes some people dont apologise but theres NO WAY men apologise more than women or vice versa. this is hilarious!!! chill out people, find a good partner where u can laugh bout each others driving, take nice road trips and sing along to the radio where u can BOTH say woops see what i nearly did there, or see that MOTHER F*CKER who nearly hit me!! male female WHATEVER ... stick ur fingers up at them together ;) i know i give the finger to ppl who annoy my boyf on the road and it could be either sex!!!

STOP THE MADNESS!!!

jus remembered another one...we were in killarney n the boyf tried to overtake a HORSE by floorin it in second gear.... except the gears stuck n we crawled by said horse to the sound of crunching gears haha even the horse looked at him like he was a looooooser... love ya babe ;)

maoleary wrote:
    I'm in agreement with the original poster. .

yes but have u READ what the original poster has done himself???

:D:D:D:D

this was supposed to be fun!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I did. Let the whole side down!!!! :D:D

Some GF you are!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

jus remembered another one...we were in killarney n the boyf tried to overtake a HORSE by floorin it in second gear.... except the gears stuck n we crawled by said horse to the sound of crunching gears haha even the horse looked at him like he was a looooooser... love ya babe ;)

With you as the more educated and better driver, you should have informed your bf never to floor it overtaking a horse, that you should wait for a clear run and overtake slowly but steadily at a safe distance so as not to scare the horse;)

Women, men, oldies, youngsters, all the same in my experience, 90% of them shouldn't be on the roads. Saw a lady in a convertible the other day with her rear view mirror pointing to her face and not behind her, I flashed her a few times (with my lights:D) to see if she'd notice and nope, not a reaction. Then yesterday I came up to some chap in the overtaking lane on the M7, he was going slow and not overtaking anyone so I gave him a minute to see me and then he starts taking off his jacket going about 70mph, I gave him a "what the **** are you at" flash and he starts to go into the driving lane without indicating so I get ready to overtake, but nope, he didn't MEAN to go into the driving lane, that's just him losing control while he's taking his jacket off and he swerves back into the overtaking lane:eek: I get an equal amount of acknowledgement from letting people out etc from everyone.

the thread was the bitter ramblings of a young man who was missing a good woman in his life!!!! ;););) and he'd agree!!! i know his opinion has changed as in its me and him against all the bad drivers now, regardless of their sex, and i know he has the ability to laugh at himself :D

rant over... :)

cormie wrote:
    With you as the more educated and better driver

nope not ONCE have i claimed to be the more educated or better driver.. in fact what i said was....

EVERYONE could tell a story of a time where they did somethin stupid on the road. no one is perfect, we all make mistakes. :)

and....

where u can BOTH say woops see what i nearly did there, or see that MOTHER F*CKER who nearly hit me!!

we laughed together when it happened. its funny. dont let urself get worked up about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

ahwww:D Do you do the oul cuddle in the car manoeuvre too? It's funny if you rev the engine if while doing this (at traffic lights of course:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

An agressive woman driver is bar far the worst type of driver you can encounter.

I beeped at a woman before to tell her the lights had gone green.

She crawled away from the lights, cause I beeped, she crawled up the road then, cause I beeped.

Last Sunday, I was pulling out of my apartment still in the complex though, out of nowhere a blue Audi A3 comes flying up my bumper, f'ing and blinding. Who is it? 2 months on.. it's the green light woman.

I stop the car, she undertakes me, comes up to the window and tells me not only has she got my reg number but I am a knacker, an itinerant and once again, a knacker.

This is all in the middle of somewhere that I call home and from a woman who is wearing sunglasses and has her foglights on in the middle of a cloudy afternoon, shouting from her car using disgusting language for any woman to utter yet I was the "knacker". Very few women are like this but those that are, are the worst kind of driver you will ever encounter on the road.

I decided not to go to Blanchardstown station about her as the guards have enough to be doing...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

aoifey123 wrote:
    i know this is an old thread but thought id throw my two pence in....

seems to me that the fool who started this thread is jealous of the fact that theres so many women out there driving better cars than him because they also have a better career than he does.

the type of person who feels the need to lie bout the BHP of his car ..... sayin its 225 when its only a measly 210!!! PAH!!!

reminds me of my boyfriend.... he likes to think he's the best driver in the world and slate women drivers...but maybe his insurance is so high because of the time he crashed into that bus, maybe he's better off not driving a really nice car considering the time he was on dollymount and failed to notice the tide coming in, resulting in an engine full of seaweed and a new water pump :eek:
    he's LUCKY that any company will insure his incompetent ass, considering the time he drove over the foot of that homeless guy..... :eek:
    and as for those DAMN women not indicating when they change lanes...well maybe he should remember the time he was stopped by the guards for dangerously overtaking two cars at speed without indicating. oh and turning right further up the road without indicating either :confused:

by the way my boyfriends name is Ando....thats right...the IDIOT who started this thread!! tho in fairness he wrote it before he was lucky enough to have me in his life and i KNOW he doesnt think women are bad drivers any more now that he's experienced driving with me behind the wheel

dont be bitter that my insurance only costs a couple of hundred babe, compared to the thousands ur still payin..... and dont worry, when im makin more money than u and drivin a better car, i might let u drive it round the block....

:D:D:D:D

ahhh that feels better .........
    I feel it is nessasary to serve one of these:oldposts.jpg:D

As for wimmin drivers. There is a ad on 2fm for AXA which has the tagline "They know what wimmin drivers want."

What would a woman driver want? Automatic indicators? :D

Gerry

well thats women for you :D

i dont CARE if u said it 6 years ago, ur gonna hear my opinion NOW lol

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

and... i think it was worth dragging up coz i think i got him back good!!!! ;););)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

So aoifey123, boiled rabbit for dinner tonight??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

aoifey123 wrote:
    ...by the way my boyfriends name is Ando....thats right...the IDIOT who started this thread!!
    :D:D:D:D If you ever break up with him, PM me. I already have a crush on you

stevec wrote:
    So aoifey123, boiled rabbit for dinner tonight??:D

so im a bunny boiler eh??? and why's that exactly?? coz i stood up to the opinion of a man?? *shock* how DARE i :eek: :eek: :eek:

ye i can see this thread is mainly visited by men...its a pity some of u dont have a sense of humour :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

aoifey123 wrote:
    and why's that exactly??

Oh maybe cos you registered specially to dig up a 5 year old thread and give the BF a slating....

Glad you did though - best larf I've had in ages....:D :D:D:D