Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP Forum

Options
  • 31-08-2002 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

Im hopefully over the next month or 2 going to put up a forum on a website, kinda hoping to provide a kind of online community. have some more tricks up my slieve as to what is going to go up on it as well.
    What i was hoping to do was build the Forum myself, it would be fairly advanced ie using administrator, moderators and such. I have a simple database done and have it adding and deleteing posts and replys, but i cant seem to make much more headway toward the finished Project. Its all ASP and IIS. What im looking for is a site that may provide more information as to how to build the rest of it, im using Dreamweaver to do most of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

get rid of dreamweaver!!

what sort of problems are you having ?

if you post them you might get some help ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

why do most people seem to hate dreamweaver????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I use dreamweaver but use al lmy own scripts. Its nice to see how your work looks as you work on it.

I had a forum working on one of the sites i built. It runs ASP on IIS. ( http://www23.brinkster.com/bishlit/boards/default.asp ). The forum itself works great but the server its running on is ****e so it never works :rolleyes: .. /me slaps free brinkster servers

Ther forums themselves are simple. It runs on a Access dbase so they cant really handle much traffic. The forums have only one admin and i didnt incorp and moderators into them. The forums have the ability to lock the thread and admins can also edit posts as they see fit.

I was going to work on a forum (running on access) which will have multiple boards, moderatirs, admins and other features. If i do work on them i will have them done pritty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by amen
    get rid of dreamweaver!!

what sort of problems are you having ?

if you post them you might get some help ?

Man Dreamweaver UltraDev is waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better than InterDev (I guess thats what you would suggest using). If your just using plain old Dreamweaver then upgrade to UltraDev.

About a year ago I built a message boards system using ultradev,IIS,MS SQL,ASP and XML it was all working fine but I haven't touched it in ages.

As amen said tell us what sort of problems you are having and I'm sure someone here can help you out.....

kayos

Gotta say upgrade to Ultradev too..unless your using Dreamweaver MX that is.... mx is pritty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

Is ultradev a version of dreamweaver. I use dreamweaver mx and it is a great package!

UltraDev was the developer version of Dreamweaver 4.0. It was the one with all the hugh annoying ASP scripts etc. For the Macromedia MX stuff...they really put UtraDev and Dreamweaver together into one package and called it Dreamweaver Mx ... though really its just UltraDev.

I remember a site which has a free ASP forum for download on there site. Its very good and had a admin side to it too. You can get it at: http://www.webwizguide.com . You can use it for free aslong as you have there logo on it. To get rid of there logo you gotta pay.

Advertisement