Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer restarts arbitrarily

Options
  • 31-08-2002 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I got ISDN installed at the end of May. This coincided with my computer suddenly restarting at will. I don't get a blue screen error message just a restart.

I have current anti-virus software but I can find no virus. This problem might be nothing to do with the ISDN line but it seems a suspicious coincidence.

Has anyone else ever had a problem like this. It is seriously affecting me as sometimes it restarts after only 10 minutes.

Any help would be very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

i guess it could be to do with ur TA drivers having a conflict with something else.
    try deleting and re-installing those drivers. Or get the latest drivers avail if you dont already have them.

Hope you didnt get the eircom piece of **** (or are they doing good ones now?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I've also posted this possible solution in another thread in the MS board but it would seem to apply here also. Hope it worksh

Had this problem with my machine a few months back under windows2000
    Solution's simple
    Right-click My Computer - Properties - Advanced - Startup and Recovery-Then uncheck the "Automatically restart" in System Failure.
    Problem sorted!
    If it's still hapening after you do this it could be a heat problem or a dodgy power supply so you'd need to have it look at.

Advertisement