Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're All Such F*cking Spammers!!

Options
  • 31-08-2002 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

i mean really people! why do you feel you need so many new threads all the time? a few good ones is all you need.....like this one! post your spam here! i like spam.
    spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans and spam.
    well, i like the word, not the practice. anyway, 'tis all pointless. i'm bored. feel free to disuss things....LET'S PLAY WORD ASSOCIATION!! WOOOO!!
    sHep :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I wholeheartedly agree with the above post. Or not. Hey, word association... now there's a fun idea for a script.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I couldnt concur more.Back in the glory days, We would have 5 or so new topics a week And that would be a VERY busy week.We would debate on these, and wax lyrical in our flames.These would be interesting,obscene(cormac...) or funny(frequently all 3).
    Those days have been long engulfed in posts of "What should I buy today" and long LONG LONG streams of various users flaming,bitching and flirting..
    Ah, for the days..
    Spam, spam, spammity spam..
    And this isnt spam..this is (in my definition) muppetry.This board has never really had a great reputation, but now I have seen it referred to as "a muppet bin" and "the teen angst board"(i can relate to a few posts that belonged in PI that gave us this name)..
    And all this ****ty traffic is causing the oldies to dissapear.(Bring back herr Adam!)
    EG:
    iMP, Podge and others.
    damn it all...
    this has all happened since i changed my boards skin..
    </troll>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Well, given the fact we have little or no power here... and I've tried starting new boards three or four times to no avail... so, yeah, we're fscked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

it is true. i have come to loathe and detest this board. ah for the old days, when my username was plasticman...

well, anyway, macdara found this cool conspiracy-generator thing online at:

http://www.cjnetworks.com/~cubsfan/conspiracy.html

anyway, here's the really cool conspiricy it made for me...
    What They Don't Want You to Know

In order to understand bidets you need to realize that everything is controlled by a organisation of twisted mentats made up of ctyiers with help from people who aren't scumbags.
    The conspiracy first started during ctyi 2001 in dcu. They have been responsible for many events throughout history, including september 11th.

Today, members of the conspiracy are everywhere. They can be identified by being so confusing they make the average persons head explode (or just get them so pissed off they say "look at your hair", which i believe is the most insulting thing their extremely limited intellects can come up with).

They want to rape some guy from california and imprison resisters in laois using teleportation pods/gene-splicers from "the fly".

In order to prepare for this, we all must use thermo-nuclear devices on washington DC. Since the media is controlled by me we should get our information from some english bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

the man speaks true, but when did you manage to figure that one out, this boards has had a spamm cycle somewhat along the followin lines

Spam % 100 ___________________
    ¦
    ¦
    75 ¦
    ¦
    ¦
    50 _____________/
    /
    /
    /
    25 ______/
    /
    /
    0/

Thats what happens, maybe we need a good charter and a bit of modding, hint hint nudge nudge wink wink, cough, SPLUTTER [fio]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

ok i'm tired and going to bed soon so it means i'm currently crotchety. Enough of a warning...

<rant> IDIOTS! ALL OF YOU! Starting new boards?! WHAT BOARDS?! About the only decent mention of a new board i've seen in the last age was re: GBL and that's in debate right now!

Yes. There are too many pointless threads. This one is strangely not.

Hugh is right. It is muppetry and there is too much trolling here too. Spam is different... If i split this into 5 parts <each part a post> that'd be spam.

I don't think a new mod is what's needed. And I don't think putting any pressure on fio is needed either. I just think that there needs to be some copping on here. I mean I've posted plenty of bs and still do, but usually before i do i look over it and realise that that's all it is. BS. And I delete it and decide not to post. - PLEASE WILL SOME OF YOU FOLLOW THAT EXAMPLE!

Ergh... yes. Many people have left. Actually it was the muppetry of ian, myself and a couple of others that originally drove a good few oldies away. Me I stay here cause I know so many of you. Plus I don't think I'm really a muppet any more.

But please, before you post sh1te remember that you're part of a bigger community and if you lot tried half this shiv on any other forum you'd be banned quicker than... um... a cheetah... yeah... erm...

</rant>

as i said i'm tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

Originally posted by lordsippa
    But please, before you post sh1te remember that you're part of a bigger community and if you lot tried half this shiv on any other forum you'd be banned quicker than... um... a cheetah... yeah... erm..

oh eoin, if cheetah's could type, this world would be a different place altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Originally posted by Mahotée
    oh eoin, if cheetah's could type, this world would be a different place altogether.

Conversely, how about if humans were the fastest land animal?

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

whoa.....*goes into deep comatose thinking session*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i'm a land animal?

• Advertisement

Well, judging by your avatar...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

:rolleyes: Spamtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

I agree with shep - I was away for 2 days and when i came back there were sooooooooo many new threads - 90% of which were pure sh1t..............I got a big headache trying to read them (everyone say poor jean)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

This thread has even turned into spam: the definition of spam: comments such as "Conversely, what if humans were the fastest land animal?" suddenyl leading this thread off topic.

Sven, Bob meant on his own servers, not on boards.ie.

Despite all the ****-ripping we used to give Adam over his dictatorial style, we did actually need him, as he was a hard-ass when it came to locking threads and editting shite. This board does need to be modded more vehemently IMHO.

Sven, you know as well as i do that saying "Cop on to yourselves" will not work, seeing as people have an irressitble compulsion to post bull**** on this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

now, i know by asking this question i am leading the thread off topic and therefore spamming but i want to like find this out.

does the mod dude delete bull**** posts and threads?

now this may be perfect common sense to all of ye but unfortunately, computers are not my strongpoint. well technically they are cos i can type real fast, but that's from all the stupid games.

so, just one person who knows the answer, answer the question, then at the end of the post, put the whole thread back on topic by calling me a ****ing spammer.

even though i ain't cos i have feck all posts done, like fifty of something. i can't remember.

well they have the power to delete them all right... wow, i started a (vaguely) serious thread. kinda. wow, a minifridge. (does that count as spam? because if so i'm screwed, that's just how i speak anyway :o :rolleyes: )

Purplepolkadot, making a relevant query like that isn't spam. Saying that I AM THE KING OF TOILETRIES is however.

BOW DOWN YOU FECKING PEASANTS!

ok sorry, i didn't want to upset the angry guy even more is all.

and oh yeah

I AM THE QUEEN OF TOILETRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tee hee hee

Adam left because he wanted to become a Real Boy.

Dont begrudge him that. Some people just arent content to be nerds forever. Disney might make a movie about it. Featuring Chloe, cos shes so darn adorable.

Originally posted by Mahotée
    Adam left because he wanted to become a Real Boy.

Dont begrudge him that. Some people just arent content to be nerds forever.

Didn't he go to Scotland to learn to program computer games?

• Advertisement

darn my adorableness.....:rolleyes:

ya see, 'they who we call them' or the mod dude, obviously deleted the last post i put on this thread, in which i stated that 'i am the queen of toiletries'. maybe it was spammish. i'm gonna keep posting that til they leave it there. so hmm.

Originally posted by shep the malevolent pixie
    darn my adorableness.....:rolleyes:
    It's just a conequence on being a land animal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

i love chloe...she is famous you know!
    Like when i started boarding school in Kilkenny last sunday night and my ROOMMATE has heard of chloe from her friend gary who, like my roommate, is from carlow, for gods sake.
    you are famed chloe!
    beyond belief!

gary?! ah that's feckin' mental! i love gary. i love you too theresa. :D I AM FAMOUS!! IT STARTS HERE!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    and on a completely different note, i had gin for breakfast this morning....:D that was funny.....

my mother's singing cliff richard. DOES IT EVER END?! AAAAAARGH.

again, i'm a land mamal?

Originally posted by imp
    Didn't he go to Scotland to learn to program computer games?

oh, i wouldnt think so. that doesnt sound like him at all. no, he's gone to become a Real Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

And isnt he still mod of the tribes board? Oh no, Adamichio is still not a real boy!

Ah yes I can see Adam now: "Look Gepetto! I'm a real live boy!"

Hehehe.... it gets worse. He also be going to Japan for a year to learn Japanese AND computer programming. Give it 8 years and he'll be on the source code for some Final Fantasy clone.. with guns and tanks and puppets that come to life and kill all the annoying little ones. ;p

• Advertisement
Advertisement