Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on a language?

Options
  • 31-08-2002 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I know html, javascript, qbasic, a bit of c++ and I want to learn a web programmin language to make a forum and webpoll and a few other things. Could u guys give me some advice on what language to use. Asp or php or perl?
    Thanks alot
    Matthew Mackenzie

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

This has been discussed here a ton of times Matthew, and invariably leads to a flame war, because it's a very subjective topic. A good way to start is to read threads where it's already been discussed -- you can't search on php or asp, but you can search on languages, which might pop up some relevant stuff. You'll also find a few discussions / flame wars on this topic in the Programming forum. If you can't find the answers, come back and ask.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Or make life easy on yourself and search www.hotscripts.com or similar for the thousands of webpolls and forums already built in every language known to the web :)

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

Thanks, I have decided to go with asp and then learn php after that. From what I have heard, it is much easier to setup and code asp.
    Matthew Mackenzie

Advertisement