Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL(irish) cable problems...any1?

Options
  • 01-09-2002 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

hey lads ... havent surfed this forum in a while , the reason im here now is because lately ntl cable has started sucking lang0r.
    Firstly i get disconnected from irc every 5 minutes [connection reset by peer]

then i start getting disconnected from msn every so often!!
    so im getting fairly forked off about this and then it gets worse when gamespy starts it .... and counter strike starts giving me 30 second connection interuptions.....

ANYWAY i get the phone "as you do" and ring ntl , i press 1 i press 3 then i press 3 again (or whatever it was)

quote:
    please hold while one of our technicians gets to your call

so im hold and im holding and im listening to there ghey classical music and im playin cs while im holding (i was holding that long),
    and i got no god damn support at all in the end after waiting for ages i ended up hanging up

i was just saying to jimmad im gonna ring them again and kill whoever answers (i said it more graphicly than that)...if i go and i get an answer they will say "are u sure the cable is in the back of the modem ..... are u sure your counter strike game cd isnt scraped" so can somebody tell me what i should ask them , loike ask for a line test or something like that because i have no clue

thanks for reading my huge story about the gheyness of ntl and please reply to help me out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

i dont have cable but dardoz does and he errr wasnt impressed with em. I think he got it fixed now tho. Maybe you have the problem he has/had. He'd get ****e pings, packet loss and a lot of timeouts during the day. (incl evening). he could only coe online late at night.

The ntl staff aint very helpful. took me a year to get the name on the bill changed.

Its taken em an age to install digital tv ( monday woohooo) between the 'im sorry the signal aint strong enough. we'll be back in a week' and the 'ur area is not avail for digital yet.

NTL need to sort it out imo.

(soz i couldnt help :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Never had a single problem with Cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

I Had Really Bad Problems with NTL. Wanted to Get Cable Modem in, and Was Told "Yes your area is Set up for Cable, it will be a month before we can get out to you".

So a Month goes by and the Guys Come out and try to set it up, but it turns out that the Network in My area does not have a Return Path (2 Way Network). So they said they would send out a maintenance crew out and set me up within 3 week ( FFS! ).

I Went mad and said that that was Bull and demanded they get it sorted now. So after numerous hours listening to really bad hold music, I Found out that it would not be possible to get cable in my Area. What sort of Gobshítes are they? :confused:

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭R_Tribesman

yeh that kind of ****e pisses me off .... the other day i lost touch with the network for about 30 mins. i asked did it happen any1 else but they said no , when i got back online my connection wasalmost perfect , faster if anything..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Difficult

no problems here at all,
    service actually seems to be getting better and faster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭R_Tribesman

to be honest my problem kinda fixed itself , and it i getting faster for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

am getting it installed on monday :D:D:D hopefully wont have these problems, but if i do, i'll be on the phone straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭wish

you luckly sods....

I am so looking fwd to going into college and get a hold of that 10mbps line.... going into my room...

only one problem I an behind a very restrictive firewall

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I haven't had much problems atall, maybe your area is being pushed as the limit tribesman?

Advertisement