Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pace Digibox: No Red to Green - Ever

• 01-09-2002 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I can't turn my red standby light green at all. I have phoned Sky three times, tried two forced software upgrades and been informed that I need a 60 Pound service call. I have a regular subscription card in this Pace unit. Seems it would be easier to cancel and re-subscribe and get a brand new box? Any ideas on this? Buy a used box, etc.??

I have two dishes and boxes - isn't there a way to go to one box and dish and watch different programs - or is this not available in Ireland yet? Seems we are cheated since the service call in the UK would be at no charge?

Thanks,
    Gerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

You are only entitled to the free gear once. I am sure you could scam it but it isn't a simple case of you cancelling one contract and renewing another. I have heard that some people, when they want a new digibox, cancel their sub and then get someone else in the household to get a new sub. You have to tell then that you are moving away, be prepared for them to offer to set your system up in the new address. Obviously I cannot condone this kind of behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

some people have added a second address to their current address eg. instead of 34 Pillar Road they have 34A and 34B Pillar Road. sort of like an apartment number. you can go that route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

Obiviously the pace unit has some fault but if it works ok who cares. As u have 2 boxes put the subscription card in the good box by ringing sky and then the FTV in the other box. If the other box is very dodgy get a 2nd box secondhand, look in ads and loot etc. Buying secondand in the UK can be very cheap.

2 dishes for 2 boxes is a bit severe, have u heard of dual, or quad lnb's? This means u can run 2 boxs from 1 dish with a dual and 4 from a quad.

To get 2 channels from 1 box u need SKY + and thid is due out in Ireland by end of this year but don't hold your breath. The SKY + package will get u a quad LNB so u can keep all 3 boxes on the one dish. the downside it will probaly cost a fortune. In the UK the box costs £300 and then u have to pay an extra £10.00 pm and keep it tied to the telephone line for ever.

post back if u have any other queries.

gbcullen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GSB

UPDATE:

So if I leave the box off for 24+ hours the light will go green and then it works! For about one minute until the picture freezes and we start all over again.

Thanks for the help on the account and getting a new subscription (I am paying for 2, you'd think Sky would take care of me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tony_ire

The standby light on my box remained red when i turned it on a few days ao but it fixed itself.

Secondly,
    some people have added a second address to their current address eg. instead of 34 Pillar Road they have 34A and 34B Pillar Road. sort of like an apartment number. you can go that route

I want to try and get a second free box, and as I live in the country it would be very easy for me to give a different address, but I am not sure whether they will have my phone number stored on their system even if I do cancel my first sub before I try and get a second box.

Does anybody know if they do remember your number??

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bmg

if you phone sky and tell them you want to cancel your sub as you can't afford the £60 call out charge,they will fix for free rather than lose your subscription

Advertisement