Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams and VIP

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was going to suggest this thread get back on topic
    but what the hell-

"Free For All!"

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by ReefBreak
    This post is laughable.
    Gerry Adams "never was" in the IRA? Where's your spaceship parked?

Mental note: Making unsubstanciated allegations against people is called libel. So since it is your contention Gerry Adams is a member of the Irish Republican Army, I assume you have evidence to support it and will post a link so that I can ascertain for myself.

Please don't tell me your only substanciation for such an allegation is that 'allegedly' the canines wandering around the streets have some kind of second sight that allows them to know Gerry Adams is a member of the Irish Republican Army and that somehow said canines have communicated this fact to you, unless you would have be believe you can speak to dogs.

In short saying "The dogs in the street know ....blah, blah, blah" is insufficient substanciation of a statement you make, especially important ones, like when you accuse people of being a member of an illegal, paramilitary organisation and allegedly murdering people for said illegal paramilitary organisation, because if you can't actually make substance of what you say, when you state something as fact, said statement will not be taken as fact.

You can say "I think (x) is an IRA member because (y)", but saying Gerry Adams "never was" in the IRA? Where's your spaceship parked? is in fact prattle. The point labours on.

Advertisement