Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflections, or, so it's September...

Options
  • 01-09-2002 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Okay, so their's only a third of the year left... just four months. So far this year has been pretty cool for me. I've seen Jimmy Eat World twice, Tenacious D, Fenix*TX and the Foo Fighters once. I've had a chance to go to Witnness that I passed up, I've done the Junior Cert. I can count the amount of times I've scored on one hand and I can count the amount of times I've failed on one hand. I've made some pretty damn cool new friends and I've helped out a few friends when they've needed it. I've played rugby to the point of collapsing, I've played videogames to the point of losing conciousness. I've stayed up all night talking to friends, I've stayed up all night worrying about friends. And now for what's to come this year, my first module of fourth year... Bowling For Soup and Papa Roach concerts, possibly a trip to England for a Foo Fighters concert... so much stuff still to do this year. This is a post about me, I encourage you all to post one about you. Don't bother posting about all the bad stuff of the last eight months... just the good stuff 'cos there's been lots of it.

Have fun, be safe and live life. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

when you say you can count all the times you scored and all you times you didn't on one hand, is it the same hand?? are we talking regular hands, cartoon hands (3 fingers and thumb), or mutated hands with extra digits??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Different hands, normal hands... five digits... you know? Humanlike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

your concept intrigues me. i would wish to learn more about these "human hands", but i couldn't care less. oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

i was on the pepsi challenge two time in a row. except it's called 'ice blast' or something similarly manky.
    and i didn't puke. now that's something i'm real real prouda.
    i started getting proud and defensive about being cavanish.
    and ditto with the irish thing when i was in england.
    did the lil' 'booyah' dance on blackpool tower.
    went to old trafford right before a united game. stood on a fence and screamed 'united suck', just for kicks like.
    walked into, and i mean right into, Fabien Barthez and Nicky Butt.
    went up to two skangers that were about to fight, clutched my bag and shouted 'Ooooh, handbags at dawn.'
    dared my boss to fire me. and he didn't, aha, who is the daddy now. bitch?

cool stuff like that. tis been a good year.
    aw screwy i'm all sentimental now.
    oh, and it was my first year at ctyi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i'm tired. i can't remember most of the year- a couple of nervous breakdowns later and it's the summer, woop de doo. i scored a bit which was nice; i got my heart ripped into shreds and set alight afterwards, which wasn't nice; i ate a lot of pizza; i realised that i actually do enjoy melted cheese sandwiches; i bought loads of stuff in london; i discovered the pointlessness of angst and, well, everything basically (in the non-morbid sense of the thing); i unearthed my deep desire to learn stuff about things i need to know about in order to protest about them (in other words, i am becoming more active in my beliefs) and i am slowly emerging from my complete numbness. yaay. :( oh well, i'm not there yet- the nothingness is reigning clear at the moment. yaay.
    sHep :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

My summer was cool...an always suger fuled, often crazy and occasionally painfully icky kind of way . Cool people and cool places. But also mean people and boring places. I actually don't think I did anything worth mentioning... just a whole lot of bumming aroung being a no good punk kid.
    YAY! go summer!!!

Summer's the best season for us punks though... mainly 'cos it just is. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

I am happy to say, I dont know enough swear words to express how much this summer rocked for me, and thats saying something.

It started boring as hell on a family holiday with my parents, the CTY, ****ing brilliant! Got to know loads of new people, explored my sexuality more, got to know even more people, had a great teacher and a great time.

I watched every episode of Trigun and cryed openly.
    Stayed in touch with my friends woo000!

Went to belfast for a week and a half, and enjoyed huge amounts of gaming and warezing!!

and just yesterday I found cool people who actually live in sligo! yes you heard me right! sligo! who would've thought?
    They run the largest animé message board in ireland! woo!

And right now I'm watching "X" and so far its seems to be your standerd weird ass crazy plot, hopefully it'll live up to all the stories I've heard. reminds me, anyone have the X Manga?

hmmm, I dunno typing it all out it dosent seem like much, but I got so much pleasure out of it that, well, EXCLAIMATION OF JOY!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

My summer was great! I don't know where to begin. It was my first year at CTYI and I loved it. I can't believe I'm back at school. I'm so tired. In my first week I've been caught sleeping in class four times. And that's only the times I've been caught!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

i think i've had the best summer of my life...
    I went to ctyi for the first time,
    explored my sexuality, um, alot,
    met some very very VERY special & cool people,
    (kate bob, yuri, niall, ed, garog, kate, umm, kate, christine, sven, CHLOE, other niall....the list goes on...!)
    so yeah,
    i went to france on my own,
    i learnt no french,
    i went to reunions,
    i nearly got kicked out of ctyi,
    i started boarding school,
    and....
    i learned bout this board!
    i had a feckin great time, as chloe would put it, so yay!
    love and bubbles,
    theresa
    xxx

• Advertisement

"kate bob"

What is this mythical magical creature? Does it have a beard on a stick? I must consult! With the general consensus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I don't know why, but for some reason that had me in stitches for about 10 mins.

Advertisement