Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ADD COMMUNITY-Sunderland AFC Supporters Forum

• 01-09-2002 2:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

Board Name: Sunderland AFC Supporters Forum

Description: Where people who support Sunderland AFC can come together to post about the Team, Matches, Players etc.

Private Y/N: N

NOTE: I am aware that practically nobody in Ireland supports Sunderland bar myself-leaving me feeling deeply isolated.
    -But people do support teams like Man United and Liverpool. Perhaps, if not a "SAFC supporters Forum", a "Manchester United Supporters Forum"?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Cheer up Peter Reid
    oh what can it mean
    to be a sad English ba$tard
    with a $hite football team.

TOON ARMY!! TOON ARMY!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You need 5 other supporters. Good luck!

(btw I DONT want to see people just supporting requests for community boards that they are never going to use. The idea is that it shows there is a base number of interested people.)

DeV.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

For the love of Christ - If having a Board for all languages, counties and the likes was not enough...
    Now we'll all have to put up with multiple ****ing football club Boards!?
    I am quite certain that the Sports Board could well and truly handle any and all discussions involving ****ing SUNDERLAND FC for crying out loud...

I know expansion of Boards.ie is a good thing, but by ****, this place is going to bloat into a blistering mass of pus.

Dev, can I have an Arsenal FC Comm Board please, because I love them and want to have intelligent conversations about them on "My Own Board", and while Im at it I'll have a Man Utd Board too, so that I can have more conversation about how much I ****ing hate them.

Cheers.

PS: I do sincerely hope this isn't just some stupid plan for said requester to become a Mod (No Offense :mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thee griffon

I mean I understand how people may support their local football team from Cork, Armagh, Dublin. But I never understood why IRISH people suddenly decide to Randomly pick some stupid fvcking city in England and dedicate themselves to their Soccer Club.

Please

Not another Fvcking Soccer community.

Please Everyone! Try not to use the word "Cheers" it reminds me of the years I spent working next to those Fvcking Limey Brits in London.

This community sucks

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    For the love of

I do sincerely hope this isn't just some stupid plan for said requester to become a Mod (No Offense :mad:)[/SIZE]

:confused: Sunderland , Birmingham, Glasgow Rangers, Manchester city Mods in IRELAND??

But of course this is boards.uk/ie

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Hey, Thee Griffon - I do hope you're not one of the "England Bashers" because I will gladly spend time continuously roasting your pathetic ass, and Im sure some of the Admins will have fun playing with you also.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ropey, calm... find your centre... be at peace...

Firstly 5 genuine supporters will have to support the creation of the board. Secondly we'd have said the same about various Games like Quake and TFC... some will have enough to support a board of their own, others wont.

Anyway, we are seriously thinking about a few changes to the community boards way of things, making Boards simultaneously smaller and bigger :)

I do think the sports/soccer board could withstand the deluge of Sunderland posts (especially after *that* elbow...) :)

DeV.

That's the trouble with this Sh*t community.

As soon as an IRISH person starts to post material critical of the English culture/media/sport . People here start screaming "RACIST ENGLAND BASHER".

Idiots

It's funny though.

We ( Ireland & UK ) are allowed to call the French gay and frog like, the Germans Sour and Dour, and Arabas crazy Islamics.

But as soon as we open our mouths about England we've suddenly become Racists. I've worked all around Europe and all say this "England is a Sh*THole and I don't like soccer & don't like the English Culture"

PS Moderators Please Ban me if you're just English people running a boardsie/uk site.

Sorry Dev, I have a habbit of losing it when such (In my eyes at least) ridiculous requests come into being.

I will take the required medication and refrain from retrieving the Rant 04 Mark 'B.O.A.R.D.S' FlameThrower...

Thee Griffon,
    I mean I understand how people may support their local football team from Cork, Armagh, Dublin. But I never understood why IRISH people suddenly decide to Randomly pick some stupid fvcking city in England and dedicate themselves to their Soccer Club.

If this is the case then (Me being English) would I be ok If I randomly selected a County and supported them for whatever sport you deem neccesary? I detest hurling and Gaelic (Spelling?) yet I don't go bleating about it, and I am sure I'm smart in not doing so.
    Boards.uk/ie - This community sucks
    Says a bloke who has been here for 4 entire posts, and obviously suffers from chronic bad reading or spelling (Which is not good in a site almost completely comprised of text)

Oh, and just for you Griffon, seeing as you like it...

CHEERS

I am now at peace.

If any mods ban you, you can be damn sure it's because you've slated and insulted the place, or assumed you know everything about it after being here for barely any length at all.
    But as soon as we open our mouths about England we've suddenly become Racists. I've worked all around Europe and all say this "England is a Sh*THole and I don't like soccer & don't like the English Culture"

You have no clue, you arrogant tosspot.
    This place houses people of various cultures and origins.
    And who are you to say you can come here and call the French "Gay and Frog Like?" and then tell US that any mention of Enland or it's Culture makes US racist!? I feel the only racist here is you.
    That's the trouble with this Sh*t community.
    As soon as an IRISH person starts to post material critical of the English culture/media/sport . People here start screaming "RACIST ENGLAND BASHER"

And they probably would if you began to slate the culture of any other nation or country also. You, for instance, are probably a French Basher.

**** off you clueless muppet, and take your pathetic views elsewhere. Im English and by **** I've recieved a lot of stick over it too. It never made me an idol, or any better here than anywhere else on the net simply because no one here gives a ****, so take your assumptions, shove them up your ass and go find another site to bleat at seeing as you feel this one is Shít.

• Advertisement

While working in the USA and Germany, I had a much better experience with the locals
    and made a lot more money.

I never want to see England again or have anything got to do with it's Life or Culture.

So

RopeDrink please ban me from all of your forums.

How ever I would like to know if this boardsuk/ie community has got any moderators from the USA, Ireland Australia Scotland or Germany?

Hey, you know what GRiffon.... if this community sucks so much... dont let your browser hit you on the ass on the way to www.manchesterunited.com

Oh, and I've banned you from all the forums I run.... well you did ask.

Obnoxious Muppet.

DeV.

Bob_The_Unlucky_Octopus (Good Mate of Mine) Is from the US.
    Ronan|Raven is from germany
    Lemming is from Scotland
    RopeDrink please ban me from all of your forums.
    Why would I do that? I may be a bitchy ****, but Im not that low.

Hey Thee - If this place is so ****, why haven't you left yet rather than preach about your places of work, travel locations, requests in regards to peoples origin and the likes!?
    Just Curious?

Typical... this is muppet boy again. Limerick IP, same range as before.

what...

...a loser.

DeV.

Dev, does the list of forums you happen to run include... All of them!?

And you told me to find my centre and be at peace :D

I'm at peace now :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Firstly I think the soccer forum is fine for all supporters, there is no point in setting up forums for every team going.

Secondally Dev have you pissed off someone from Limerick recently ??

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by DeVore
    Typical... this is muppet boy again. Limerick IP, same range as before.

[de Niro]You want, like, me and some of the boys should go over and rub him out?[/de Niro]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

:confused:

Ok. I guess there's no point asking for a forum about "Cheese" is there?

(Kieran hands Mr. RopeDrink some Thorazine)

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Dev didnt there only used to be one board here, a Quake board :)

Dev is just making up porkies now :)

Ban him I say :)

• Advertisement

Sorry Aug, wasn't directing anything at you personally - It's just if one person gets a soccer board, everyone will want one also, wether it's for the legitimate support of their team, or to become a mod, or whatever the hell...

We have languages Boards, County boards etc and the last thing we all want is for Boards.ie to become a sea of barely used Boards... Again, I apologise Aug, but im merely concerned over the future welfare of this entire place :D

And thanks for the... the... Tho-re-zienne!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

There are just to many sub sections of subsections on boards.ie these days.

The football club idea is a bad one as it will lead to everyone wanting there club to get a forum. Then the rest of the sport's minded will each want a forum for there own area of sport and it will just get out of hand with both requests and flames when their requests are turned down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Denied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement