Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone noticed that...

• 01-09-2002 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

nearly all the films lately are 12's????
    tis such a pisser. And like even if they are 15 or 18's they gotta this PG crap after it which means ya got squeally kids in the cinema where before it was safe from the little bastards. They just ruin films with there stupid comments or narrations. Not to mention runnin around the cinema, or women with their babies that are bawling their eyes out cos of the noise. just ****in GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

or am i just getting old at the tender age of 20 ffs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Aye,tis gettin worse, when i went to see 'the world is not enough' i had this baby behind me that was bawling his head off the whole time, what made it worse was the mother never tried to stop it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

i have found that the later movies dont usually have children (ie older than babies) running about or making noise. The very early ones sometimes dont either.

Ive never had a baby in the cinema. I dont see the point for them to be either. They will just start crying and then no one in the cinema will be able to enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

god be with the days when they made loads of 18s movies, now a days its all 12 films so as film makers can get their film to a wider audience. Notice how kids films last longer in the flicks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Missy

i hav come to the solution, go REALLY REALLY late!! no children in sight! BEST ever! personally, i dont do cinema any more because of all THEM children!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Or if possible go mid-day during the week. Chances are you will get the entire screen to yourself.

You're right though, you could nearly list on one hand the amount of 18s films recently.
    There was Resident Evil, Blade2, Monsters Ball...
    That's all I can think of actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'll have to agree with mak there.
    Mid-day, during the week.
    Basically have the whole cinema to yerself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

i thought res evil was that 15pg thingy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Resi....dibhecs :)

Going to the latenight showings at 11 or whatever to a good flick is fun, specially when the place is packed.
    The entire audience going "WHOA!" feels great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Up until quite recently, UCI used to do midnight shows of films on Friday and Saturday nights. Since I used to live quite close to the UCI, this was a blessing. There would be very few people there, no queues, cinema to yourself. The only people there would be the hardcore film-goers. It used to be bliss.

My most recent trips to the cinema have been around the 7-9pm mark. I can safely say I'm being turned off going to the cinema purely by the audiences for these showings. I recently went to see Eight Legged Freaks, and it seemed like the entire row behind us was comprised of every moron for a 5-mile radius. As the title credits began to roll, one girl SHOUTED to the person sitting beside her "Ah jaysus, I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight".

Bring back the midnight shows.

Or sterilise these morons.

One or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

yes there are more twelves certificates out and its going to get worse.

the reason merchandising.

over in the uk they have just brought out a new 12advisory certificate to allow younger kids in to see Spiderman,apparently the marketing men were pissed at having a warehouse full of spidertat such as drinks covers that no one in their right mind over ten would buy to shift,so they get on to tony blair and start whispering in his ear,telling him it not so cool britania to stop the "kids" seeing the spiderdude,so tony gets on the blower to the censors and hey presto a new certificate and spiderman gets a rerelease.

****ing Movies Are Killing HollyWood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by ObeyGiant
    Bring back the midnight shows.
    Or sterilise these morons.
    One or the other.

I go with the option to sterilise these morons, will remove them from more places then just the cinema :)

The real problem are not babies as i havent seen a baby in the conema for quite a while. The problem i find are children from about 5 to 15. They are the ones that run around the cinema and make very annoying noises. The older 15 year olds are the ones that un into the back row, shout at people and couse general havoc There the ones i hate.... I think its really up to the cinema to take a harder line with them. They should have someone there who will kick these people out and possibly ban them from the cinema... thats my plan anywho... :)

The reason why so many 12's films are being made too is merchandising and the fact that more under12's would go to the cinema and spend there parents money then older folk. Mostly cos older folk dont go see every damn movie that comes out on a Friday...

Advertisement