Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who am i talking about?

Options
  • 01-09-2002 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Ok, first post outside the motoring forum, so forgive me if there is 100 threads a month asking you to name that tune!!

Its a rap song, made by a guy from london, he is white ( not being racist! ) has had two songs out on the radio.

Its like a real laid back rap, bit of keyboard in the background.

His original song had lyrics like "this is the original mix, your listening to the streets" and something about pirating!

Please if you have any idea, will you answer here, i really like the guys work and want to get his album if he has one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The Streets - Has It Come to This
    off the album Original Pirate Material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Originally posted by jf_cole

Its a rap song, made by a guy from london, he is white ( not being racist! ) has had two songs out on the radio.
    His original song had lyrics like "this is the original mix, your listening to the streets" and something about pirating!

hehe fairly easy one there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jf_cole

Thanks lads, ive been listening to the radio for two weeks str8 trying to catch this song again, much appreciated.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Dont bother trying-its fairly old,must be about a year or so since it was in the charts so it wont be getting much play.But if you wanna catch it check out MTV Base/MTV2 as your best bet-more chance there IMO than the radio.
    Alternatively you could get the audio online:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

or you could do what The Gopher has over looked and buy the album. (he only buys kylie singles anyway)

Its well worth it. Good album, innit.

• Advertisement

It's a good album alright.
    Although his voice can get annoying after a while.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    or you could do what The Gopher has over looked and buy the album. (he only buys kylie singles anyway)

Oooooh clever revenge you bastard:D :D
    As for the streets I thought Original Pirate Material was fairly good but i didnt like the two other cuts from the album too much.But TBH some of the lyrics are plain idiotic-some of it doesnt make sense just to make something rhyme.
    Theyre alright-but a little overrated.

Theyre alright-but a little overrated

Just the one guy I think.
    As for the streets I thought Original Pirate Material was fairly good but i didnt like the two other cuts from the album too much.

You mean you thought has it come to this was fairly good, or the album is farily good?

I quite like Weak Become Heros, it's better than Has It Come To This IMO.

Originally posted by Makaveli

Just the one guy I think.

You mean you thought has it come to this was fairly good, or the album is farily good?

I quite like Weak Become Heros, it's better than Has It Come To This IMO.

Firstly I was under the impression that the streets were probably at least two people if you know what I mean-sort of like Oxide and Neutrino where one guy writes and performs the lyrics whereas the other dude composes the music but sure i could be wrong(Its just solo artists dont usually call themselves a name like the Streets,sounds more like a group).If I remember rightly theres a black guy in the video for Lets Push Things Forward who does the chrous-perhaps hes the second member?
    I havent heard the album but yeah I thought the single Has It come to this was fairly good.I didnt like Lets Push Things Forward that much but the new one is alright,even if some lyrics in it are a bit weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Its just one guy (12 years old if the inlay photos are anything to go by). Im sure session musicians were employed in there somewhere though.

As foir being called The Streets, i assume thats some sort of reference to the fact hes trying to Keep It Real. innit. guv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement