Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EircomTribunal web site launched

Options
  • 02-09-2002 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Resulting from a school project we launched www.Eircomtribunal.com today.
    We are interested in your feedback, especially on our main item "Facts, lies and incompetence - the ODTR and its latest quarterly review".
    Has anybody got a complete address list to post the press release to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Sir, i appluad you :)

Been reading that for the last few minutes ****ting myself laughing in utter delight.

You have obviously spent a LOT of time on this and from a cursory glance, it seems to have been time very well spent. again, from a cursory glance, all the facts and figures seem correct and obviously as embarrassing to the country as they should be.

Good luck in the forthcoming legal battle (pretty sure eircoms attack lawyers will be onto it soon) and good ****ing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Well played, read the first half of the "Facts, Lies and Incompetence" and must day its very well done, it would be so easy* just to throw up them figures up but its a well crafted entertaining read, ohh and i love the cheese analogy :D

*im sure it wasent easy and took a loong time :)

gg pld thb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

A Word of Caution
    "Can you really afford to read this web site online? It may be more expensive than it is worth. Due to EIRCOMs misuse of its monopoly status, facilitated by the Minister for Communication and the Office of the Director of Telecommunications Regulation (ODTR), it will cost you around € 3 per hour on modem access and over € 6 per hour on ISDN 128 access. Why not consider joining the 85 % of Irish citizens who do not access the internet from home?"

This is actually a good idea. This should be put the Boards.ie or IOFFL frontpage

"So, you handbag thieves out there, if you still think our comparison is libellous, write in to us and we are prepared to clarify further" tbh

This stuff is gold.

Great site and completely accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Excellent work

expect you will be hearing from the deep pockets of €ircons lawyers Messrs Sue Grabbit and Run

jbkenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Brilliant ! This site rocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Excellent site!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Simply brilliant.

The lazy (nearly half of its 11 000 staff are not needed) monopoly Telco EIRCOM is allowed to cream off € 3 per hour for very slow modem and € 6 for slow ISDN Internet access of the Irish citizens who are booking flights online.

Booking one of your really cheap flights, for example Salzburg to London for € 2, the rat will take more for its crappy Internet access than you for providing the flight.
    - letter to Michael O’Leary (Ryanair)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

a picture's worth a thousand words ...

online_mins_citizen_small.gif

One day slow modem access in Ireland costs € 41 – for less money you get two month modem access in the UK or one month always-on ADSL broadband access.

The site is just so brutally honest and frank. It's superb. You could quote any part of it. As Giblet said, the entire thing is gold. I congratulate the creator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

convict_logo.jpg

says it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Excellent stuff. Particularly liked the hours online graph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

That site is brilliant. nice one!

The picture at the top of the charts page is so unbelievably true.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Pld :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Excellent site .. its amazing how facts speak. I would have hoped it could have been more of an IOFFL site, if you know what I mean. Just having a browse over the IOFFL site doesn't have the same impact as this site. That's not to criticise IOFFL efforts (who am I?), by the way. Is there some way to combine the efforts to achieve the same goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

perfect - brilliant! Pass around the link for the site, everybody!!

There's a couple spelling mistakes, but otherwise everything is great.. keep it up

funny graphic from the site:

chartslogo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Love it.... well done !!
    It'll be interesting to see if anyone tries to have it shut down.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Pld.

Nice idea and entertaining reading.

I am surprised however that you opted to actually name *them*, rather than use some other descriptive reference (a la eircon for example) to avoid the crap which is sure to follow from the laywers.

I hope the site stays up long enough to get attention. You should publicise this site to as many online media sites as possible, as well as the odd newspaper.. .you never know, a mention here or there in the press (even as a protest site) will work wonders for the readership :)

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by TmB

It'll be interesting to see if anyone tries to have it shut down.

I would say you could almost certainly count on it. Eircom's team of ravenous lawyers aren't high priced for nothing... and the company must "strive to protect it's image"...

*ahem*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm more impressed than I've been in quite some time

If Eircom (big "E":D) do try (and maybe even succeed) in shutting it down, I trust you have the whole thing in a zip file so that anyone[1] can put up a mirror?

[1] probably "everyone"

Surely there's nothing wrong in having a factual information website about a company? I think its right to use Eircom's proper name, and keep things factual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

As Eircom's attack lawyers will probably try and get this offline asap I am publicly offering whoever's responsible for the site a mirror before the legal wrangling begins.
    Please contact me asap so that we can set it up for you.
    Either reply here or PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Excellent :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Great stuff Urban Weigl!

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT...

i love the images on the top of the pages HA HA HA HA AH...excellent

good job...and screw em...they wont sue becuase the game will be well and truly up if they do....excellent chess move

KNIGHT to QUEEEN SIX.....check mate i believe....lets see what the muppets do now

HUAP!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

The site is TRULY FANTASTIC and I have no qualms whatsoever linking to it from the IOFFL site.

I have circulated the url to some government officials that I feel could do with having a peek.

This site must stay up. It may need some protecting (legally here and there) but its attempted removal should provoke outrage and as we have seen in the past its replication 10 fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Excellent site. I love the plain and basic way it's all just laid out in front of you. No conjecture, no opinions, just hard facts.

Stick a zip of the website on some boards.ie webspace. If eircom try shut this down, then they'll know what to expect. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Excellent site.......

Everyone I know with even a passing interest in IT has received a link to it with instructions to pass it on.

Bertie's my local TD - writing a letter to him tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I know that they will get their €200 an hour wind and piss in a pinstripe suit merchants onto these poor secondary school students.

Talk about sledgehammers and nuts. If they do I will have another domain ready to take the load..and another..and another

hmmmmmm who is eircomare****e.com

ahhhhhh!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Bravo to the creators.. Was reading it a while ago, its very good. Must add it to the links on my site :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

I have circulated the url to some government officials that I feel could do with having a peek.

Nice One! :D (as it should be!)

Advertisement