Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New NTL Digital channels

Options
  • 02-09-2002 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Sometime in early August we got a letter from NTL. It showed the new channel line up and showed some new music channels we were getting. The heading said channel line up for July 02. It is now September and there is no sign of the new channels. Does anyone know when they will be accessible or will I have to ring them up to moan about yet another problem with their digital service. Not that I'm gonna watch any of them except Kerrang! but still it is another promise they have failed to deliver on time. I'm starting to think Sky Digital would be a better option. It's a bit more expensive and all but they seem to be a lot more reliable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Ring 1800 321 321 and moan its the only thing to help them get their act together.

I rang them up and they said that they are having technical difficulties with been able to squeeze in 6 more channels. They said it will be another week or 2 before they are added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Difficulty with 6 channels?! ffs how do they manage across the water where they seem to have hundreeds!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Difficulty with 6 channels?! ffs how do they manage across the water where they seem to have hundreds!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

couldn't NTL give a date for analogue shut down and get everyone over to digital. some extra space would be freed up then

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Selfish tho this may be I hope its not till we get ITV/C4 (C5 would be nice tho not essential) on Sky cause I really dont wanna have to pay NTL more just to get channels I already have (and - based on this and similar posts - for a significantly inferior service)..besides, your average punter (I'd imagine) won't react well to the 'watch one/tape the same one channel' idea that limits both this and Sky's (regular) Digital service at the moment - unless you're willing to stump up MORE cash for extra hardware/second subs etc..

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    couldn't NTL give a date for analogue

One of the main selling points of NTL in Ireland at the moment is analogue. They play on the fact that you can watch digital and record one of the 15 stations in their ads.

I think they said before that they would pull analogue in 2007 in Ireland but I can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by Fungus

One of the main selling points of NTL in Ireland at the moment is analogue. They play on the fact that you can watch digital and record one of the 15 stations in their ads.

I think they said before that they would pull analogue in 2007 in Ireland but I can't see that happening.

Agreed. I dont see it happening till then.

In the future if people have multiple TV's will they be able to watch different channels on different TV's? Because i know we have 4 TV's in our house atm and only being able to watch 1 digital channel is quite limiting. Unless they can overcome that, they would have to keep analogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Switching analogue off is not an option for a long time, even 2007 seems soon imo, people have been used to box-free multichannel for so long I can't see even multiple box set ups being satisfactory.
    Switching off the analogue premium channels is another matter though , if they have any sense it will be done as soon as the whole network is upgraded for digital. Hopefully then we can get a better selection of basic channels on digital, in comparison to sky the range is terrible.

when are we going to get these new music channel's? . I sick of waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by Fungus
    when are we going to get these new music channel's? . I sick of waiting :(

Listen to the radio? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement